BuzzKillington

new amp for two machfive subs

Alright guys please don't hate too much, i found this audiobahn h2300hct amp on ebay and im pretty sure its what im going to get. It does 1200 rms at 2 ohms, and thats what id be running. Unless you guys could help me out and tell me of another good priced good amplifier.. im on a big budget im bout to move out of my current house. I blew my sundown 1200d running it at .25 ohm :[

Alright guys please don't hate too much, i found this audiobahn h2300hct amp on ebay and im pretty sure its what im going to get. It does 1200 rms at 2 ohms, and thats what id be running. Unless you guys could help me out and tell me of another good priced good amplifier.. im on a big budget im bout to move out of my current house. I blew my sundown 1200d running it at .25 ohm :[

That wasnt too smart. Are you planning to do this with the audobahn too?

I wouldnt buy that. I doubt that it will do the rated power. What is your budget fro this amp?

Yeah i stated in my post i plan to run them to two ohms, i know it wasn't smart of me but i didn't understand at the time that they couldn't draw one ohm from it. Im just really getting a replacement amp, i think this amp would be fine at two ohms, and would be able to produce atleast 600 watts. My budget is really 300, if i go 50 more i think id just get the audioque 2200d, but idk id like it cheaper than 300

I would save up before I bought that audiobahn just to get something. There are better choices.

I got a couple RF 1001bd for way less than that. 1000+ @ 2 ohm.

Send me a pm if you want to discuss.

Yeah i stated in my post i plan to run them to two ohms, i know it wasn't smart of me but i didn't understand at the time that they couldn't draw one ohm from it. Im just really getting a replacement amp, i think this amp would be fine at two ohms, and would be able to produce atleast 600 watts. My budget is really 300, if i go 50 more i think id just get the audioque 2200d, but idk id like it cheaper than 300

Last time I checked Audiobahn sold the company to some mexican firm. It wasnt that good to start with and the headquarters moved over the border but they do look cool...I like the flames...ya...cool

Last time I checked Audiobahn sold the company to some mexican firm. It wasnt that good to start with and the headquarters moved over the border but they do look cool...I like the flames...ya...cool

http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/products/2004/037/x037AW1251S-b.jpeg :worthless:

A lot like those flames?

Edited by Christian McKay

Why not just getting the 1200d fixed instead.

X2. Have you contacted Db-r to get an estimate to see if it is worth fixing?

X2. Have you contacted Db-r to get an estimate to see if it is worth fixing?

x3, it would come out cheaper than buying a new amp.

I really didnt even consider that, but i wouldn't even know what to do, or what to look for? I was running it at .25 so what would probably be the problem?

Yeah that was the problem and your werent giving it the proper power supply it needed for that low of an ohm load. Go to: Sundown Amp Repairs

I really didnt even consider that, but i wouldn't even know what to do, or what to look for? I was running it at .25 so what would probably be the problem?

Low voltage = amp death.

Low voltage = higher amperage draw = kaboom, smoke, maybe fire.