cuts260

which btl does meade use?

i was on youtube and saw this guy with 4 18" in a tahoe, ***** ***** i think his name is? i would like to buy the same type of sub woofer(one of course), there is alot of option on the btl . spl or daily, dual two or dual one ohm and some other things. does anyone know the exact type of btl he uses??? Thanks

Yes he does use BTL, but their made to go with his ohm load from his amps. Go to the website and read about thier options, but Im sure you will need daily since your not doing any competitions Im guessing. Also what amp are you running, and at what ohm load? That will decide on what Dual voice coil to get. So getting the exact sub in the sense, might not fit what ever your using to push sub. Remember these things are rated 2000rms plus, so if you plan on running 2K, make sure you have upgraded electrical to support the amp current. But what are your plans, what car (18s usually need about 7 cubic feet), amp, electric,

etc

Edited by Enellz

Who cares what he uses. Worry about what your install or goals are.

This is my sentence much shorter. However my advice would be to never base a sub off a YouTube video. Alot of people do them, but truely they don't do anything good. It's mostly on the camera how hard a subs 'hit' or sound. Nothing like hearing it in person.

Yes he does use BTL, but their made to go with his ohm load from his amps. Go to the website and read about thier options, but Im sure you will need daily since your not doing any competitions Im guessing. Also what amp are you running, and at what ohm load? That will decide on what Dual voice coil to get. So getting the exact sub in the sense, might not fit what ever your using to push sub. Remember these things are rated 2000rms plus, so if you plan on running 2K, make sure you have upgraded electrical to support the amp current. But what are your plans, what car (18s usually need about 7 cubic feet), amp, electric,

etc

thanks for the reply! im not sure just yet, im just getting ideas together. i have an 08 hummer, i know for sure i would like to get an 18" btl, and maybe use the rockford 2500watt amp, which is the same that meade uses in fact i think he uses two of them for one woofer. thanks again!!!

Make sure you have sufficient electrical. Some nice beefy sealed batteries (Kinetik, Powermaster, Deka, etc), but since you have a hummer I think your alternator should be fine. Here is my recommendations:

Big 3 upgrade in 1/0 Gauge ( Alternator to Battery, Engine block to chassis, Battery negative to ground)

Do all wire in 1/0 Guage ( Check out KnuKonceptz.com)

Get at least a beefy front battery and back battery

Check out All types of amps beside the Rockford Fosgate ( Just keep your options open)

install it yourself (better to learn now)

Maybe you should sell your hummer and get a Tahoe. Mead has one, shouldnt you?

i know, i was thinking about it but the i dont really like the look of the newer models.

so you know about this guy meade on youtube! cool, you wouldnt happen to know what type of sub he uses dual one or dual two ohm, spl or daily? thanks

Make sure you have sufficient electrical. Some nice beefy sealed batteries (Kinetik, Powermaster, Deka, etc), but since you have a hummer I think your alternator should be fine. Here is my recommendations:

Big 3 upgrade in 1/0 Gauge ( Alternator to Battery, Engine block to chassis, Battery negative to ground)

Do all wire in 1/0 Guage ( Check out KnuKonceptz.com)

Get at least a beefy front battery and back battery

Check out All types of amps beside the Rockford Fosgate ( Just keep your options open)

install it yourself (better to learn now)

cool, thanks alot! this will be my first install and im reading up and getting great info. thanks again,

This is my sentence much shorter. However my advice would be to never base a sub off a YouTube video. Alot of people do them, but truely they don't do anything good. It's mostly on the camera how hard a subs 'hit' or sound. Nothing like hearing it in person.

fing05.giffing05.giffing05.gif

i know, i was thinking about it but the i dont really like the look of the newer models.

so you know about this guy meade on youtube! cool, you wouldnt happen to know what type of sub he uses dual one or dual two ohm, spl or daily? thanks

He was joking. Not to be harsh, but did you skip over the first two posts? Who cares about what someone on a video has in their car. Start from scratch and read the new member topics and make a new topic.

emoticons fail. Insert hand slapping head here.

He is running funky pups with fi dust caps.

emoticons fail. Insert hand slapping head here.

He is running funky pups with fi dust caps.

hello, im not sure if we are talking about the same person, he has 4 btl 18" and rockford amps. by the way can you explain what the stuff your talking about is? im a bit new at this? thanks

That just made my night :lol2:

That just made my night :lol2:

x2 :lol:

so does anyone know what btl 18" steave meade has??? just curious! i keep asking but keep getting other answers, which is all great feed back, but still would like to know the answer to my question. thanks this is all great info

so does anyone know what btl 18" steave meade has??? just curious! i keep asking but keep getting other answers, which is all great feed back, but still would like to know the answer to my question. thanks this is all great info

He uses the new Style BTL's.

If I had to guess daily option, with cooling, long Xmax coil, and Dual 1.4's Maybe Dual .7's

If I had to guess daily option, with cooling, long Xmax coil, and Dual 1.4's Maybe Dual .7's

cool, thanks alot! finally!!! i guess there costum made cause i didnt see the dual 1.4 / .7's for an option???

Edited by cuts260

cool, thanks alot! finally!!! im guess there costum made cause i didnt see the dual 1.4 / .7's for an option???

I wouldn't call it custom, I'm sure you can E-Mail Fi and ask for them.

Why do you want to be just like Meade?

That is Dual 2's if I am not mistaken they are not custom made. No offense but if the man likes what meade has, that is his thing. Hell as long as he is spending his own money he will decide what he wants. I personally don't want to do everything Meade is doing, but he does have a cool ass clean ride, so at least the OP is aiming towards quality and not BS. IMHO.

Edited by tripleb45

That is Dual 2's if I am not mistaken they are not custom made. No offense but if the man likes what meade has, that is his thing. Hell as long as he is spending his own money he will decide what he wants. I personally don't want to do everything Meade is doing, but he does have a cool ass clean ride, so at least the OP is aiming towards quality and not BS. IMHO.

Well it's cool if he wants to get everything like him and true it is his money, but unless he is having someone build the box. He might be disappointed with the results.

But he has two woofers an amp, and he says each amp is at 1.4..... sooo yeah. Not D2's, and no offense but learn math.

If you are talking to me know you are talking to someone who has 5 18" btl's so my math is not too off. .7 is for D2 and 1.4 is for D1 but you know right? Dont be childish I wasnt saying I know it all grow up mane

If you are talking to me know you are talking to someone who has 5 18" btl's so my math is not too off. .7 is for D2 and 1.4 is for D1 but you know right? Dont be childish I wasnt saying I know it all grow up mane

thanks man and the guy above this post, and no im not trying to be like anyone, i just think! why not go with what works, right??? ive be asking this question and keep getting sprange answers. but you guys are really helping me out alot! thanks. so if steve has his amps at 1.4 and two of them to one woofer, in other words one amp to one terminal and the other amp to the other terminal is it a dual 1 or dual 2 woofer? wow 5 btl, thats awsome!!!

thanks man and the guy above this post, and no im not trying to be like anyone, i just think! why not go with what works, right??? ive be asking this question and keep getting sprange answers. but you guys are really helping me out alot! thanks. so if steve has his amps at 1.4 and two of them to one woofer, in other words one amp to one terminal and the other amp to the other terminal is it a dual 1 or dual 2 woofer? wow 5 btl, thats awsome!!!

Incorrect. It is what works for him. You are going about this all wrong. Again, who cares about what he has. I cannot believe I have to repeat myself. Focus on what your goals, budget, space limitations, power, vehicle, electrical system, etc. are.

Again, you need to address and focus on what your install is meant to be, not copy what works for someone else. Be your own person, test and build your own install, use logic and reasoning to find out what works for your install. If you just buy the drivers that are in the install you are trying to copy, you are no better then all the clueless kiddies that think he is some celebrity and kiss ass. For the last time, focus on what actually your install needs.