tef1986

amp for fully loaded btl 15

what would be a good amp to put on one fully loaded 15 btl with dual 2 coils. i got a quantum 4500d that is stable at 1 ohm that i was thinking of putting on it but im not sure if i should do that or get a better one

what would be a good amp to put on one fully loaded 15 btl with dual 2 coils. i got a quantum 4500d that is stable at 1 ohm that i was thinking of putting on it but im not sure if i should do that or get a better one

i have the sundown 2000 and love it im using 2 15bls fully loaded and its a awesome pair.

(btw im selling it for 425 and ill split shipping its 4 months old, wanting to get the 3500)

If you have the amp already, then why not use it? It says you "got" it so thats why I made that assumption. How much rms does it do at a 1 ohm load?

With 3 30 amp fuses, and the size of the quantum amp I can't see it putting out much more than 1000 watts rms. From my experience with the cozmik line they are all extremely over rated amps.

I would sell and go with something that will give your sub at least the 2000 rated.

The sundown 2000, hifonics 2600, American Bass 200.1, Rockford 2500 or 2000. There are many many other amps, I've really enjoyed using American Bass.

Would An SAZ 3000D Be Overkill For 1 15" BTL ?

Naw if the gains were set right and the volume knob is used wisely, also know how to listen, smell and see signs of stress in your subwoofer; plus there is no problem with having head room. Why are you asking this if you already have 2 on 2 BTL's?

i have a Sundown SAZ-2000D for my 15" BTL

have to say it is a nice little combo.

you wont regret it. sundown FTW either way.

a SAZ-3000D would be nice as well. as said up top. always great to have more head room. being more careful and price is the only difference. well plus a little extra powwwwwwwhaa :drink40:

would you change any options to run on 3k or not ?

Nope just make sure to have it fully loaded...cooling options etc..