cmcveigh74

Chevy Avalanche build log

I'm started a new build for my 2007 chevy avalanche. the box will be 25 cft. 9 cft per sub with 400" port area tunned to 37 hz. I'm using 9518g subs pushed by a hifonics xxv sampson with 8 kinetiks hc1800 batteries. I provided a link i have too many pics to post here.please give me any feed back.I still have alot of work left .this is just the start.

http://s948.photobucket.com/albums/ad328/cmcveigh74/

looks awesome! is that treated wood i see?

The wood is 13 ply baltic birch plywood treated with epoxy resin. The epoxy is expensive but far superior to polyster resin.I have alot of work to do but it is coming along.

try posting this pictures on here so we dont have to click on the link and look at them individually. Thankx

The wood is 13 ply baltic birch plywood treated with epoxy resin. The epoxy is expensive but far superior to polyster resin.I have alot of work to do but it is coming along.

lol either way it looks amazing.

post the pictures here, please !

Try to make a personnal gallery here, it's easy.

It's not easy to look at them with photobuck...

is this almost done?

wanting to see finished pics and vids!

definetly some vid.

the cost of the box and amp / battery rack ?

just curious?

thanks'

chop

You are not too far from me. Would love to hear it some time. :)

The wood cost me $250. it's 4 4x8 sheets of 13 ply Baltic birch plywood. I spent almost $2000 just for the batteries.I wish I had a sponsor,lol.I'm not finished yet.I have more work to do this weekend.I'm hoping to have it ready for a dec 13 show at us audio in glen burnie.I will have more pics this weekend and video next weekend.

The wood cost me $250. it's 4 4x8 sheets of 13 ply Baltic birch plywood. I spent almost $2000 just for the batteries.I wish I had a sponsor,lol.I'm not finished yet.I have more work to do this weekend.I'm hoping to have it ready for a dec 13 show at us audio in glen burnie.I will have more pics this weekend and video next weekend.

Im almost finished with the amp rack. almost everything will be done this weekend .Ive added some more pics.

IMG_1863.jpg

IMG_1857.jpg

IMG_1867.jpg

IMG_1932.jpg

IMG_1944.jpg

IMG_1949.jpg

IMG_1953.jpg

IMG_1963.jpg

IMG_1972.jpg

IMG_1988.jpg

Edited by cmcveigh74

i'm liking that glass. keep the updates coming.

videos :santa:

152.2 sealed @ 36hz on dash with 2500 watts clamped at nspl show this weekend. The box still needs alot of work to be finished.

152.2 sealed @ 36hz on dash with 2500 watts clamped at nspl show this weekend. The box still needs alot of work to be finished.

Sweet!

you know we gotta see those vids now!

$250 bucks for the wood, wow, my build is under that, lol.

on the birch, is there any issues with wood splitting like mdf?

never have used it and just curious to how it acts.

I know it is lighter in weight.

The mdf is cheaper, but heavier and splits easily.

Shizzzon sorta schooled me on doing away with screws and just gluing all joints, i am wanting to try this on my next box.

the finished look with the gate down and all glassed is nice...any lighting behind there?

chop

The build is excellant, the sound is sweat as candy, hits so hard I couldn't make a video with my cell phone because it blacked out on me! Man it is something to see and hear! :popcorn:

Just one excellant build.

Edited by ludeman

Looks like i have a Stetsom 14k2d on the way along with a second 400 amp alternator from dc engineering,also a module from missing link audio.I will add some more pics tomorrow.I'm currently doing 153.6 since i sealed the box from the cabin.Looks like a have a Hifonics Sampson available for someone for 900 plus shipping.

Edited by cmcveigh74

Here is a update .I have just finished sealing the box off from the cabin and added some ovc to round the ends of the port.I still need to finish painting and adding some more epoxy resin to the box.Picture017.jpg

Edited by cmcveigh74

Here is a update .I have just finished sealing the box off from the cabin and added some ovc to round the ends of the port.I still need to finish painting and adding some more epoxy resin to the box.Picture017.jpg

watch out with those MLV's Kinetiks DO NOT like to be charged on high voltage for a extended period of time, there is a write up on here somewhere.