Zackdp

(2) 15" Rl-P's Sealed + 2k

alright, i am currently putting together a system in my 99' Mits galant. I am planning on hooking up 2 15" rl-ps hookeed up to a hifonics bx2200d (1800-1900rms). They will be in a sealed enclosure recieving around 1.7 cubes each. They are reccomended up to 2.5 i belive and was wondering what kind of difference i should expect by giving them less air. Of course polyfil will be used to compensate this. I have plenty room in my trunk its just that the opening is so damn awkward i cant fit anymore then this.

I was originally oging to get a 15"XXX in a snailshell but could not fit the box, then i was going to get a 12"xxx in a snailshell but said screw ported 2 15" sealed would be nicer. but im cutting it short on these also. tell me what you guys think.

welcome to the site, and did you consider a pair of 12's?

welcome to the site, and did you consider a pair of 12's?

1 12"xxx snailshell > 2 12" Rl-P sealed.

1.8 cubes AFTER ALL displacment, im HOPEING the polyfill will make things better but am not sure... what do you think?

1.8 cubes AFTER ALL displacment, im HOPEING the polyfill will make things better but am not sure... what do you think?

while i'm not sure how great a snailshell enclosure is, and it would have to be great, one 12 xxx isn't going to beat a pair of 12 rl-ps, sealed or otherwise, unless the snailshell is just that great of a box.

i've owned and ran the 12 xxx and the 12 rl-p head to head. adn the rl-p sounds just as good, gets lower on sealed boxes then the xxx and will run with the xxx on the mic. i do think the xxx is the louder of the two (though one pereson listening said they were equal, no mic used :( ), and will handle more power, but the rl-p is the better all around driver IMO...and i've ran them ported and sealed.

that being said....

i think 1.8ft^3 is on the small side, i'd try for at least 2ft^3 w/polyfill. but i'd second denim's option of running a pair of 12's...ported. if ur getting 1.8ft^3 sealed for a pair of 15's, u'll get real close to that for a pair of 12's ported....

and 12" rl-ps love 2ft^3 tuned to 34hz vented boxes...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

while i'm not sure how great a snailshell enclosure is, and it would have to be great, one 12 xxx isn't going to beat a pair of 12 rl-ps, sealed or otherwise, unless the snailshell is just that great of a box.

i've owned and ran the 12 xxx and the 12 rl-p head to head. adn the rl-p sounds just as good, gets lower on sealed boxes then the xxx and will run with the xxx on the mic. i do think the xxx is the louder of the two (though one pereson listening said they were equal, no mic used :( ), and will handle more power, but the rl-p is the better all around driver IMO...and i've ran them ported and sealed.

that being said....

i think 1.8ft^3 is on the small side, i'd try for at least 2ft^3 w/polyfill. but i'd second denim's option of running a pair of 12's...ported. if ur getting 1.8ft^3 sealed for a pair of 15's, u'll get real close to that for a pair of 12's ported....

I cant fit 2 12" vented, being they are 2 cubes each not including port volume and woofer displacement. My box dimensions cannot exceed 4cubes ( 16h/17d/33w ). I can fit a 15" H2 ported as they take a smaller box to match thier motor strength, a couple of 15"sealed, and that xxx snailshell. i also consdered 2 10 ported and that might be another option i need to consider.....

that being said....

I cant fit 2 12" vented, being they are 2 cubes each not including port volume and woofer displacement. My box dimensions cannot exceed 4cubes ( 16h/17d/33w ). I can fit a 15" H2 ported as they take a smaller box to match thier motor strength, a couple of 15"sealed, and that xxx snailshell. i also consdered 2 10 ported and that might be another option i need to consider.....

i see, ok....

why not apply the H2 idea (one 15 ported) and apply that to the rl-p? or even the xxx? with the situation ur looking at, that would be my recommendation...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I can fit a single 15"xxx ported but it wouldnt be doing it any justice, and since i will be powering sub(s) with 1800rms it eliminates a single 1k subwoofer. maybe that orion is my best bet.....