Burbarry

Sound Deadner Review

There is a lot of good info on here, but not much in the way of actual results. So here is the products that I have ran Dynamat Original, Dynamat extreme, Edead, Fatmat, Fatmat Xtreame, Fatmat Rattle trap XXX, Zilla mat, B-Quite, hushmat, and now Second Skin.

Dynamat original is good but you have to it to get it to stick, but once in place it is good to go. I would not use this on roofs, or trunk lids, or doors, just on you floors. No mess at all with this stuff.

Dynamat Extreme works great can be installed any temp sticks great. This stuff can be messy while installing, and will cut you up pretty good since the metal backing is so thin.

Edead do not recommend this stuff is asphalt needs to be heated up to stick, and falls when it gets above 100 degrees outside. This stuff can be messy while installing. This stuff can be messy while installing.

Fatmat do not recommend this stuff is asphalt needs to be heated up to stick, and falls when it gets above 100 degrees outside. This stuff can be messy while installing. This stuff can be messy while installing. This is the same stuff as Edead, maybe a little bit better quality in the foil, but that is it.

Fatmat rattletrap XXX is ok but still do not recommend this. You will have to heat this up to get it to stick good, as it is half butyl and half asphalt. But, it holds up in 100 degree temp outside. But if it is above 100 degrees outside for long periods like 12 hours in the sun, it will start to sag in places. This stuff can be messy while installing.

Fatmat extreme works great can be installed in any temp. Sticks like a SOB. It is almost impossible to get it off when it is stuck to metal, and forget it if you stick it to its self.

Zilla mat do not recommend this stuff is asphalt needs to be heated up to stick, and falls when it gets above 100 degrees outside. This stuff can be messy while installing. This stuff can be messy while installing. This is the same stuff as Edead, someone told me that is the same company just a different name used on packaging.

B-Quite is ok but still do not recommend this. It is almost the exact same thing as Fatmat rattletrap XXX. You will have to heat this up to get it to stick good, as it is half butyl and half asphalt. But, it holds up in 100 degree temp outside. But if it is above 100 degrees outside for long periods like 12 hours in the sun, it will start to sag in places. This stuff can be messy while installing.

Hushmat is good can be applied at any temp. Unlike most companies that bounce the sound back at you and can help gain you DBs on the microphone. This one does not increase your sound it actually absorbs sound. This stuff can be messy while installing.

Second Skin works great and can be installed at any temp. This stuff sticks just as good as, if not better then the Fatmat extreme. The nice thing about this stuff is that it has easy clean up and no mess left behind. Plus it is thicker than any of the other mats that I have mentioned. In comparison to Dynamat it is about 1.5 times thicker, so 2 layers of this is like 3 layers of Dynamat.

IMO, I would have to say that Second Skin takes the cake when it comes to sound damping material, for all bang for your dollar. I would have to say that Fatmat extreme is in close second, with Dynamat Extreme in third, and in forth would be Dynamat original but only if used on floors. As for the rest mentioned please don’t waste your money to save a buck or two. Spend a little more and get something that works good the first time around. I know that there is a few that have not been mentioned, but I have not personally tried them. Right now I will only be using Second Skin in all future installs, as well as cars I do for someone else. I am tired of helping someone put in cheap product and to have them come back a month later saying I did something wrong, because it is now sagging down.

I pretty much agree with your list, but you left out the real "take the cake" winner. Next time you do an install you should try some product from SDS. :)