Sign in to follow this  
SacTownBully84

FI BL D1 Fully Loaded

Im Gonna Be Ordering a FI BL D1 Fully loaded here soon and i was wondering how much RMS to run to it so i can select an amp. im also gonna run it @ 2ohms so any info would greatly help thanks

also i know there rated @ 1000rms stock but i seen a guy on here runnin a rf t1500 to it and those @ 2ohms do 1500 and they even say on the birth sheet 1700 but im shure thats with perfect electrical and tuned with a o-scope even. who knows im just wanting to get full potential out of a fully loaded BL for my daily driver

Edited by SacTownBully84

Im Gonna Be Ordering a FI BL D1 Fully loaded here soon and i was wondering how much RMS to run to it so i can select an amp. im also gonna run it @ 2ohms so any info would greatly help thanks

I believe their rated at 1000 but are underated. I would throw 1500rms at it personally at 2 ohms

How much rms for what? To make sound? One watt should be sufficient.

No such thing as underpowering.

How much rms for what? To make sound? One watt should be sufficient.

No such thing as underpowering.

lol read my new edited post i knew someone was gonna be a smarty. thats y i edited my post. i want full potential

Then why run it at 2ohm? Not many amps make power at 2ohm, most do it at 1ohm.

Then why run it at 2ohm? Not many amps make power at 2ohm, most do it at 1ohm.

then y do almost all companies rate there amps @ 2ohms if they dote make power as you say? theres alot of amps that do so like the even ur sundown rates @ 2ohms.

also 1ohm draws almost twice as much current and atop that ur amp's Efficiency drops alot when ran in 1ohm u should know that sundown has there Efficiency rating on there site

Edited by SacTownBully84

Because They're Incabable Of Running That Impedance, And It's Also A Marketing Ploy.

Sundown Rates Their Amps At 1, 2 And 4 Ohms.

I Believe I've Heard Scott Say They Can Take 2000 Rms Fully Loaded, Clean Power. Ran Around 1850 Rms To My Old One All Day. (Old Mag Style.)

Just Get A SAZ-1500D And Wire It At 1 Ohm. Same Amp I Had On Mine.

Edit: Get A D2 And Run It At 1 Ohm. If They Weren't Meant To Run At One Ohm, Most People Wouldn't Be Doing It. I've Seen Plenty Of People Including Myself Run Sundown Amps Or Other Amps At .5 Ohm And Even .25 Ohm, I Don't Reccommend The Latter If You Aren't Experienced Or Aren't A Competitor Wanting To Squeeze Everything You Can Out Of It. (Damn Forum Went Down For A Sec When I Was Editing, Bastards! :D)

Edited by BigCProductions99

Because They're Incabable Of Running That Impedance, And It's Also A Marketing Ploy.

Sundown Rates Their Amps At 1, 2 And 4 Ohms.

I Believe I've Heard Scott Say They Can Take 2000 Rms Fully Loaded, Clean Power. Ran Around 1850 Rms To My Old One All Day. (Old Mag Style.)

Just Get A SAZ-1500D And Wire It At 1 Ohm. Same Amp I Had On Mine.

x2, just make sure you get the Dual 2 ohm version so you can wire it in parallel to a 1 ohm final load.

Sign in to follow this