Sign in to follow this  
steveo50

amp?

yea i got a 2200 watt spl amp would that be good to power one death row?

Glad you could join us :wavey5:

Any amp will be enough for any sub as long as you dont clip it by trying to send out more power than the amp can handle, there is no such thing as underpowering. If that is what you have now then use it till you can afford to get an amp that will suit the sub better.

You would probably be better off with stepping up to a Death Penalty, though set up correctly im sure the Death Row could handle that wattage.

He may be talking about SPL which is a brand or series, let me see what i can find. There are some Pawn shops here that sell them. Entry level stuff i believe.

here we go... http://www.splusa.net/AMP_GORILLA.html I would say a Death Row would do great with this amp. If you ever plan to upgrade your amp to bigger or better, a Death Penalty

may be in order.

yea thats just about what i have but mine is all silver thats y i was kinda worryed cuz its just as you said "entry level" amp

yea thats just about what i have but mine is all silver thats y i was kinda worryed cuz its just as you said "entry level" amp

well if you dont feel like it can handle it you can just turn the gain down.

Glad you could join us :wavey5:

Any amp will be enough for any sub as long as you dont clip it by trying to send out more power than the amp can handle, there is no such thing as overpowering. If that is what you have now then use it till you can afford to get an amp that will suit the sub better.

just thought Id clear that up, I think you meant to say theres no such thing as underpowering

the amp is not even a class d amp and i have a 1ohm dr on the way is this a bad thing? this is the link i have, the 2200 watt is mine http://www.splusa.net/AMP_FX.htm

actually that works out better.

since you have a 1 ohm sub you can wire your amp to a 2 ohm load. it says your amp puts out 1700 at 2 ohms.

What is the actual model number of the amp, showing us a picture of amps does not help us determine what amp you have.

as in the link i have a spl fx2 2200 watt ....thers only one 2200 wat amp on that page

Edited by steveo50

Actually there is one 2200watt amp and one that has 2200 in the model number, yours in the model number and not how much watts it has so if you would of said it correctly from go then all this would have been avoided. Make sure you read new member guidelines before posting again so you can understand how to give us all available information so we could help you better. That amp you have actualy will put out less than the 950 rms rated, so that should give you an idea of what power your working with.

ok thank you but you do know the 2200 watt amp and a fx2 2200 is the same amp it may not be a tru 2200 watts but on the page i gave you i thought it would make since.....sorry.....

Edited by steveo50

lol its cool you know im right read the use your brain post be for you "try" and help people.....

lol its cool you know im right read the use your brain post be for you "try" and help people.....

Actually your wrong but right, I'll give you that. If you go around believing peak wattage then your right (which nobody on this site or in the car audio world do but :noob: 's, peak wattage doesnt tell you shit besides this company sucks cause it is just a marketing gimmick for you and others to believe.

Now to car audio individuals who only care about rms wattage then your wrong and those specs are off and inflated so no they are not the same. But if you want to continue believing the hype then go ahead and have fun with an overrated amp. Learn the industry and then try to talk smart, no need to get emotional with your last post (thats a females trait).

I wouldnt even buy a Death Row and put that amp on it, that is just wrong (if you buy a real sub then go buy a real amp), if you want to hear the truth.

hahaha thank you i know what your saying i guess talking shit brings the best out in you "no homo" but for real you answered my question thank you

But dont get me wrong, that amp will do what you want it to do until you get what you need or want so I wouldnt rush to get another amp.

Ya, that will get you help. Youre coming here for knowledge and then want to bash someone who tries to help. Good one.

x2, bashing is no good. I recently had some issues with that myself...

Either way, the amp will provide power to the sub, (otherwise it really is crap), which in turn will make noise. lol

Save for a gnarly Sundown, and then you'll see what the DR can really do... :drink40:

thank you both i got an re se right now hooked up in my box and it sounds amazing for one 12, every one thinks i have one 15 or two 12s so the amp is good for now and the dr should be here monday!!!!

here are the pics of the box and my amp013.jpg010.jpg009.jpgjaybmw.jpg

Edited by steveo50

So, you decided to get a Brutus? Def a step in the right direction. Brutus > SPL any day. BTW sweet pucking BMW and nice blow thru.

yea i got the brutus, i didnt have the money for any thing more then that. also thank you i love my car! o shit son your from the 813 where you live at?

Edited by steveo50