wof131s

Subs and Amp(s) Input !!

OK, I just got rid of my last setup and looking to start new. I have $1000.00 to work with for subs and amp(s). I already have an upgraded electrical system (Stock Battery, Kinetik HC 2000, 230 amp HO alt. and the Big 3 done with 0 gauge). Now, am looking at 4 different subs and still up in the air on amps. I have 8 cb.ft to work b4 any displacement. So am thinking of running two 12" ported or 2 15" ported that doesn't need a lot of space to operate. For subs, am wanting a LOW END MONSTER with ok high end. Am currently looking at the DC lvl 4 or XL (Depending on price and amp), IA Death Row, FI BL, or the AQ HDC3 subs, but am still open to suggestions. As for amps, i was looking at the AQ 2200 or AQ3500 depending on the subs i go with, but still open to suggestions. Like i said, am leaning more towards the lower end than the high end, but I ALSO WANT TO SOUND GOOD DOING IT. I know that I may get the "flip a coin" bid, but if you or anyone you know are running any of these products chime in and let me know what you think. I really want to do it big this time around.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Edited by wof131s

Its not about the equipment, its about the enclosure and install. If you build your box for a strong low end then that is what you will get from its, subs will sound good as long as there in the enclosure that they recommend.

I know that the enclosure is one of the more important items in an audio system, but wouldn't some woffers hadle the lower end better than others. I understand that enclosure is important but so is your choice of equipment. Thats the information that am trying to get, what equipment is better for a low end application.

I vote for Qs even though they are not on the list. biggrin.gif

Do you feel that the Q will play the lower end better than a lvl 4 in a 7 cu.ft enclosure tuned to 28-30Hz (Three 4" ports 13"-15.8" long will be used )? shrug.gif

Edited by wof131s

ive heard a Q and ive heard an xcon.

they both sound really good but i liked the xcon more.

it had lows that actually got to my ears from the xcon.

now ive always had high notes that get to my ears but never low notes before i heard the xcon.

Edited by iputon326

I vote for Qs even though they are not on the list. biggrin.gif

Do you feel that the Q will play the lower end better than a lvl 4 in a 7 cu.ft enclosure tuned to 28-30Hz (Three 4" ports 13"-15.8" long will be used )? shrug.gif

the Q arent really a good choice if you want a ported enclosure, stick with the BL. i would go with sundown product personally but for 1000 dollars

i would go with saz 50x4, saz 2000, and 2 z15" for about 1215, or AQ2200, AQ4x90, and 2 hd3c 15" coppper, it comes out to about 1096. you could also do fi or ssa subs, but at the price of the z15 why would you pass up.

Edited by jfin1204

Your the 2nd person that I heard said that the Q doesnt work well in ported enclosures which is different from what i've heard. Have you tested in both enclosures? The Z15 and Q are rated at the same rms power, is the Z15 more musically or produces more SPL? shrug.gif Why does Z15 > Q? shrug.gif

Edited by wof131s

Your the 2nd person that I heard said that the Q doesnt work well in ported enclosures which is different from what i've heard. Have you tested in both enclosures? The Z15 and Q are rated at the same rms power, is the Z15 more musically or produces more SPL? shrug.gif Why does Z15 > Q? shrug.gif

i thought the q sounded good ported.

thats just my opinion though.

i thought the q sounded good ported.

thats just my opinion though.

I thought so also, ive own 2 15". I was asking jfin1204 why he felt differently. But would that port configuration work?

Edited by wof131s

The new RE XXX subs are lowend monsters.