porkchop

Rockford Fosgate, The Punch Classic, 10"

rattlebox317 scored this for me, any one have any input on what would be a cool enclosure for it?

Image-59.jpg

Image-66.jpg

Image-67.jpg

sorry for the shitty pics fellas, tell santa get me a new camera. lol

chop

Pay no attention to the shit I messed up. I tried to delete something and it popped up. Oh well. Here is some specs I found on it. Damn, 1994! Its an oldie but goodie huh? Do you plan to put that in the house at 8 ohm?

specs sheet

That is a classic. I never used that model, plenty of models after.

Funny, I used previous ones...that is too new for me. :Doh:

:werd_msword:

I was always in competition with guys that ran "Punch", "Power" and "Audiophile" series drivers when I was installing the old Kicker Comp series and first generation Solo-Baric.

Man I was soo hoping that this was one of the real "Classics" as i need another one to complete my set.

Here is a few pics of my PCH-108's

DSCF0316.JPG

DSCF0314.JPG

DSCF0313.JPG

I have 2 in boxes an one without box

DSCF0317.JPG

And since they were mentioned above. Original Solobarics (mint in the box)

The old Punch subs cannot be put on the same level as the Solobarics as the Punch are much lower level subs. You could compare the Fosgate Power series though (Not the Pro series that are just a step above the Punch series)

DSCF0318.JPG

I'll Go Dig Up The 20 Year Old Stillwater Designs "Kicker" 10"s. Lol

Man I was soo hoping that this was one of the real "Classics" as i need another one to complete my set.

so like i see the differences but, why is this not a "real classic" ?

also since several folks seem to know these, is there any input on enclosures for it yet?

thanks,

chop

^^^ old school^^^

^^^ real old school ^^^

also since several folks seem to know these, is there any input on enclosures for it yet?

thanks,

chop

In order to cut down on wood to save on costs, I would start with a sealed box. Probably about 1.25-1.5cuft. If you dont like that, you can cut out a hole for a pvc port and tune it to what sounds best to you. The specs say to tune at 40hz and above. :popcorn:

thanks,

chop

The history of the Punch "classics" is that the Punch Woofers (ones I posted pics of) were discontinued and people got pissed. Fosgate started a few other models but people wanted the "Classic" punch subs back (They called them classics because they were classic little subs) Fosgate re-relesed the subs titled "Punch Classic" to settle the people down. So your sub is a classic but based off of my classic "Punch" subs.

Fosgate recommended a .75f3^ sealed enclosure for that sub as well as mine. Don't push more than 150-200w rms to it though. :)

Geez, I was just learning how to walk when these came out...

An oldie but a goodie? Are subs now like old cars and fine wines?

I hope so! Good luck on this one, I hope this geezer can still bang!

Here is a few pics of my PCH-108's

DSCF0316.JPG

DSCF0314.JPG

DSCF0313.JPG

I have 2 in boxes an one without box

DSCF0317.JPG

And since they were mentioned above. Original Solobarics (mint in the box)

The old Punch subs cannot be put on the same level as the Solobarics as the Punch are much lower level subs. You could compare the Fosgate Power series though (Not the Pro series that are just a step above the Punch series)

DSCF0318.JPG

Where were these pics taken? Your basement? This is like a sub-museum! That's pretty cool dude.

Where were these pics taken? Your basement? This is like a sub-museum! That's pretty cool dude.

Actually in my attic. I just recently cleared out about 11-12 of my subs I had up there as well. My pride and joy though is Fosgate amp collection. I have the entire line of Punch amps from the tiny Punch 30 up to the Power 1000 including one of the Bipolar Power 360's (about 5-6 are known to still exist). A few of them I have a couple of (like 4 Punch 150's) I also have a pair of Punch amps from around 1980-1981 (Punch 40 and Punch 100 with slider EQ's) and the complete line of 25 to life limited edition Fosgate amps and some of those I have more than one of as well.

Forgot to add, I also have a Pair of the Fosgate Pro Series from that time frame as well. One of them had a sagging spider and the basket was slightly bent so I am presently rebuilding it into a 4 spoke basket to make a one of a kind SPP-104.

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=32677

Edited by david in germany

Actually in my attic. I just recently cleared out about 11-12 of my subs I had up there as well. My pride and joy though is Fosgate amp collection. I have the entire line of Punch amps from the tiny Punch 30 up to the Power 1000 including one of the Bipolar Power 360's (about 5-6 are known to still exist). A few of them I have a couple of (like 4 Punch 150's) I also have a pair of Punch amps from around 1980-1981 (Punch 40 and Punch 100 with slider EQ's) and the complete line of 25 to life limited edition Fosgate amps and some of those I have more than one of as well.

Forgot to add, I also have a Pair of the Fosgate Pro Series from that time frame as well. One of them had a sagging spider and the basket was slightly bent so I am presently rebuilding it into a 4 spoke basket to make a one of a kind SPP-104.

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=32677

You should be a Fosgate anitque dealer :drink40:

You should be a Fosgate anitque dealer :drink40:

Lol, my collection is much smaller than some of the other guys on the Fosgate forums but I did get the Vintage forum started on Rockfordfosgate.com :)

just a thought process here,

would this sub be of value to one of your collector buddies?

I am only needing it to do a install of a 8" or 10" single sub for a guy.

If there is someone that wants this for a collector item, I am sure we can work something out.

I really never thought of it like that but, hey i rather see it go to someone who is wanting it,

just like trade for another working sub or something?

Chop

If there is someone that wants this for a collector item, I am sure we can work something out.

I really never thought of it like that but, hey i rather see it go to someone who is wanting it,

Chop

Yes, How much do you want for it?

Edited by david in germany

brother, i have no idea, like i said, honestly, i only want to provide a good 8" or 10" sub for my little brothers install.

i have no intrest in making a big profit or whatever, if you currently have a sub in mind, or a price, pm me.....

i am just into the concept of folks having old school audio collections, never had considered that before.

I have a old alpine amp too, will have to pull it out of storage and see what it is...

I will take a look and see what a different sub would cost, it does not have to be anything great, i am positive we can work something out.

i will take some better pictures tomorrow when it is sunny outside. the camera phone does a little better when it is light outside.

Chop

Yes, How much do you want for it?

bumpin this back up ttt , just in case he is still wanting it.....

think i found a decent 10 for 60 shipped,

so, like whatever these go for plus shipping,

the cash will go toward the 10 i have an eye on.

chop

What 10" do you have and eye on? You will probably get this off your hands faster in the For Sale section now that you want to sell it.

What 10" do you have and eye on? You will probably get this off your hands faster in the For Sale section now that you want to sell it.

i found wmd 10 that has been reconed .....

i did not think about the for sale section, your probably right.

hell, i did not even think about selling this sub at first, lol

i will send him a pm and give him a day or so to respond ,

then move it to the for sale section....what do you suggest i should start to ask gor it?

i have no idea.

thanks,

chop

Honestly I have no idea either.