stevemead08

steve 09 silverado crew cab

Hey guys im pulling out the old system and replacing it and reusing some. currently i have 2 re audio 8s under the back seats and MB quart q series mids and highs.

Im puttig the 8s in the back doors and putting a Fi BTL 12 in their place. gonna be running mids and highs off a sundown sax 50.4, midbass (re8s) off my sax 125.2 and the btl off the saz 1500d. anyways its gonna be a process. just got all new knu 1/0 power and ground and 200 sq/ft of fatmat rattle trap today so im getting started on that. already started my btl box12. take a look.

ok so im a dumbass and cant figure out how to post pics... i click the picture icon and if asks for the picture url. a little help?

Make a PhotoBucket account & upload your pics.

After they're uploaded click on the %7Boption%7D link and copy it straight to your post.

Register At PhotoBucket Here!

Edited by tech2332

Make a PhotoBucket account & upload your pics.

After they're uploaded click on the %7Boption%7D link and copy it straight to your post.

Register At PhotoBucket Here!

im on it. thanks

no luck. why isnt there just a browse option like facebook? oh well ill tryagain in the morning

ill post more in the morning. it seems hit and miss. wont let me post anymore right now

silveradoproject024.jpg[/img

silveradoproject023.jpg]silveradoproject022.jpg

wtf am i doing wrong?? it worked under media but not photo. and it only lets me post a couple with media

untitled.jpg

Maybe this'll help. After you upload the pics, copy the IMG code directly to your post without changing anything. Don't click on insert media or any of that crap, just post it here DIRECTLY.

Hope that helps.

Edited by tech2332

where at in houston are you?

northwest side by 1960 and tc jester

i got some friends out in jv, ever go out to the friday night meets on fm 2920 and 45 N?

i got some friends out in jv, ever go out to the friday night meets on fm 2920 and 45 N?

no im new to houston and dont know anybody here into car audio. do the meet every week?

Installing the fat mat rattle trap in 35degrees sucks

silveradoproject021.jpgsilveradoproject029.jpg

silveradoproject032.jpgsilveradoproject030.jpgsilveradoproject031.jpg

no im new to houston and dont know anybody here into car audio. do the meet every week?

yeah, its not just car audio people, its more truck and car show, like lsx performance, west side mustanges, fearless performance, all the go fast people, with a variety of everything. theres a guy on here who goes sometimes. but usually every friday night 9pm-whenever behind the racetrac gas station on 2920 and 45 north

I took the re audio 8s i bought a few months back and instead of selling them or chunking them i figured they would be good mid-bass speakers so i made some "adjustments" to the door and door panel to make them fit and still look stealth. Some tin snips and 3/4 mdf rings and they fit like a glove.

silveradoproject033.jpgsilveradoproject034.jpgsilveradoproject035.jpgsilveradoproject038.jpgsilveradoproject037.jpgsilveradoproject039.jpgsilveradoproject040.jpgsilveradoproject036.jpgsilveradoproject042.jpgsilveradoproject041.jpgsilveradoproject043.jpg

ok so the sound deadener is in upto the front seats, the re audio 8s are in the doors and clear the door panels and the window. the seats are lifted 3.75 inches, the biggest task is fiding room for two sundown and a third before the build is complete. heres what i came up with. the silvy crew cab back seats have a hook on the back of the seat that hooks the back cab wall so access is zero behind there. thats is untill i raised the seats. by raising the seats it allowed me clear the hooks when the seat bottom is up. i didnt want to screw through the back of my cb or flue anything to it either so i took the seats apart and inside there is two steel bars the brace the seat back. i cut 3/4 mdf to fit inside and drilled and tapped the mdf to the steel supports. i streched the fabric over the mdf and had a soild mount for the amps. i had to do both sides. check it out.silveradoproject046.jpgsilveradoproject048.jpgsilveradoproject049.jpgsilveradoproject050.jpgsilveradoproject053.jpgsilveradoproject052.jpgsilveradoproject054.jpgsilveradoproject055.jpghad to eliminate the middle seatbeltsilveradoproject027.jpgsilveradoproject060.jpgsilveradoproject061.jpgsilveradoproject062.jpg

looks good man

why didnt you just take apart the whole seat belt assembly instead of cutting the belts themself?

if you look in the picture of me rolling on the fat mat look up bu the window theres a matal loop it feeds through and wouldnt fit. The middle seat would never be used anyway.