nikesoccer275

RD Alpha v2 15 vs. new RE XXX 15

which of these two woofers will provide the best sq and the best spl? i want something that gets loud yet retains nice sq in a ported enclosure. i have an 03 civic and was going to have it front facing and have the seats down quite a bit but i dont know if that would be better than rear facing. i listen to mostly rap but occasionally rock. im going to power either one with an audioque 2200d. the rd will probably have the flat wind option so it will be able to handle the power.

all opinions are welcome, thanks

which of these two woofers will provide the best sq and the best spl?

The one you pick!

Seriously with a question like that it is impossible to tell you!

Do this....Buy both, test them, pick the one you like the best and sell the other one. Then give us your review and then we will all know!

SPL and SQ are totally different. If you're looking for a good "daily" subwoofer then look through the SSA store, a lot of great products to chose from with great customer service from the owners of the products and the members here will be able to advise you better as well.

Not trying to call you out, but lately there have been way to many "This vs. That" type of threads and it wears on people

I suggest doing some research on RD, the company and the quality of the products.

I suggest doing some research on RD, the company and the quality of the products.

x2

I am sure the RD is a piece of shit. I don't think your goals are in line with reality though and you could get by with a much louder "less sq" oriented sub. SQ isn't important to you at all, you just don't want a fart box. That is easy to achieve.

I am sure the RD is a piece of shit.

Haha I totally laughed out loud.

Leave it so Sean to go soft shoe on someone.

Though I agree I would take the xxx over the RD in a moment. The XXX is a really cool woofer. Would be fun to use in a HT capacity.

im laughing out loud too. thats great. i called rd the other day to get a little bit of info on there equipment and they couldnt give me any info other then wattage on the stuff i asked for

Maybe its as good as their amps. If you want a paperweight, go for it.

I have never commented on RD products, but it is in your BEST interest to not buy them and go through what so many others have.

Their products and practices are very questionable to say the least.

Look at the subs on the ssa store : I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. And they're not the most expensive!!

I like the fact that you can talk to the owners of the different brands here. You will have all the info you need.

Good luck

im laughing out loud too. thats great. i called rd the other day to get a little bit of info on there equipment and they couldnt give me any info other then wattage on the stuff i asked for

:Doh:

2-3 mth old thread, but dont sleep on RD products nor SSA. Am good friends with ppl that use both products. All I can say is dont jugde a book by its cover, dont speak what you dont know, and try both before talking S$!t like ive heard lots of ppl do on this and many other sites. Both products are great quality, its just user decision on what they want. Just my 2 cents.

The one and only product I would use from RD is the D9, even them I better be getting a hell of a deal on it and get a backup for when it blows and it takes Steve 6 months to fix it and another 6 months to sent it back.

The customer service is enough to drive me away. That's cool that people think they are good products, you know what? The best products in the world break, they are electronic they wear out and fail. I's rather not be S.O.L. when that happens. Most people don't think about the man standing behind the product, and they should!

/rant

2-3 mth old thread, but dont sleep on RD products nor SSA. Am good friends with ppl that use both products. All I can say is dont jugde a book by its cover, dont speak what you dont know, and try both before talking S$!t like ive heard lots of ppl do on this and many other sites. Both products are great quality, its just user decision on what they want. Just my 2 cents.

RD is great quality ?

Based on the business practices of RD, rd and ssa shouldn't be in the same phrase.

"oh, we're going to call back all the amps and you have to take a hit because of our fuck-up"

Holy crap no way. You are condoning doing business with the shadiest internet car audio company EVER. Just plain wrong, even if his stuff performed which in general it doesn't it would be a completely idiotic maneuver to buy anything from Steve. 1 minute of searching and you'll find at least 50 people he's screwed. Really easy. :( :( :(

Holy crap no way. You are condoning doing business with the shadiest internet car audio company EVER. Just plain wrong, even if his stuff performed which in general it doesn't it would be a completely idiotic maneuver to buy anything from Steve. 1 minute of searching and you'll find at least 50 people he's screwed. Really easy. :( :( :(

wof131: I dare you to do the same thing with SSA. I'm aware of one person that Mark and Aaron wouldn't warranty a subwoofer for, an XCON that was abused.

wof131: I dare you to do the same thing with SSA. I'm aware of one person that Mark and Aaron wouldn't warranty a subwoofer for, an XCON that was abused.

I'd rather buy subwooders from a shady crack dealer than RD, just look on other forums and you'll see it's just not an SSA biased thing.

:No:

I appreciate your input, but please try not to associate or compare our products with theirs. That company has screwed and burned countless customers, while Mark and I bust our butts, 7 days a week on constantly making SSA better. And because we don't like to our customers or push product on people, or have hype or fan boys, we don't sell near the numbers of that company. Quite shameful, that this industry breeds "brands" that thrive on filling gullible or inexperienced minds full of lies and BS to push their product. I don't want to be be remotely compared to, or even in the same sentence with another "brand" that has done the horrible things RD has, such as selling broken, faulty or fried products as new.

RD is great quality ?

Based on the business practices of RD, rd and ssa shouldn't be in the same phrase.

"oh, we're going to call back all the amps and you have to take a hit because of our fuck-up"

I replied before I saw your post, but yeah that is horrible. At this point, I just feel sorry for the people who are either too blind or are just clueless and still think it is a good idea to buy their products.

You have to give it to them, they supplanted eDuh for the top spot and they are barely holding off T3, but not by much, for that title. :suicide-santa:

I kind of have to agree with wolf, it looks as though he's kind of playing devil's advocate. A lot of a company's reputation in this hobby seems to be, in essence, propped up by supporters who haven't used their product. Not saying any company is good or bad. Not saying it doesn't seem to be common knowledge that RD isn't a company to deal with because of previous dealings but a lot of what I've read at least doesn't seem to about the product itself.

With the previous paragraph being completely objective I'll say that personally I would never use RD in my own vehicle based on what I've read, doesn't matter to me if they make the best equipment in the universe, based on what I've read I just wouldn't give them any business.

This applies with anything you want to buy worth any value. You seek what other people say, would you buy car worth 30 grand that will only last 100,000 miles and will need constant maintenance? or would you buy a quality car that could last double that with minimal upkeep?

RD is very very shady. Personally customer service for me is 90% of the appeal to me 10% of the product. If something breaks (and its inevitable) I want to be able to have a quick response and be able to get things repaired in a timely manner.