nikesoccer275

RD Alpha v2 15 vs. new RE XXX 15

2-3 mth old thread, but dont sleep on RD products nor SSA. Am good friends with ppl that use both products. All I can say is dont jugde a book by its cover, dont speak what you dont know, and try both before talking S$!t like ive heard lots of ppl do on this and many other sites. Both products are great quality, its just user decision on what they want. Just my 2 cents.

This applies with anything you want to buy worth any value. You seek what other people say, would you buy car worth 30 grand that will only last 100,000 miles and will need constant maintenance? or would you buy a quality car that could last double that with minimal upkeep?

RD is very very shady. Personally customer service for me is 90% of the appeal to me 10% of the product. If something breaks (and its inevitable) I want to be able to have a quick response and be able to get things repaired in a timely manner.

He wasn't speaking on customer service, he was speaking on performance.

2-3 mth old thread, but dont sleep on RD products nor SSA. Am good friends with ppl that use both products. All I can say is dont jugde a book by its cover, dont speak what you dont know, and try both before talking S$!t like ive heard lots of ppl do on this and many other sites. Both products are great quality, its just user decision on what they want. Just my 2 cents.

This applies with anything you want to buy worth any value. You seek what other people say, would you buy car worth 30 grand that will only last 100,000 miles and will need constant maintenance? or would you buy a quality car that could last double that with minimal upkeep?

RD is very very shady. Personally customer service for me is 90% of the appeal to me 10% of the product. If something breaks (and its inevitable) I want to be able to have a quick response and be able to get things repaired in a timely manner.

Based on the mix and match parts for some of the drivers, entire amp model failure, recalled amps, and drastically over ratted amp model and high failure rate of another, I think that is more then enough to speak on their product performance.

Based on the mix and match parts for some of the drivers, entire amp model failure, recalled amps, and drastically over ratted amp model and high failure rate of another, I think that is more then enough to speak on their product performance.

I don't know anything about RD besides what I've read in this and a few other threads so I'm sure you're right. I'm not claiming to know much about the subject.

wolf said that RD was a great product, people disagreed and went on to cite customer service problems and "shady" dealings to support their argument. If you're arguing about a product's performance give reasons to persuade someone to agree with you. I really have no opinion one way or the other, but this type of arguing is pretty prevalent on car audio forums. Two or more people will be arguing about something but it's as if they're not reading each other's posts and replying with the same rhetoric over and over. A lot more can be learned from a substantive argument.

I guess we thought it was rather common knowledge how often their stuff fails.

Look up any release where they allowed people to buy ahead of time and see the results. Read the thread with the complaints and realize that not only are the complaints customer service related, but also based on the fact that the product failed miserably. Then realize that they don't design jack and just re-badge some design, bid it out to a ultra low cost chinese build house and then claim quality. Internet shady and shitty products altogether.

I agree that everyone went off on dealing with the company and not directly the product, but there is no separation in my mind. If you have shady service, 9 out of 10 times it is because you have a shady product. At least this holds true for internet companies. Perhaps exceptions, but not so many...

I don't know anything about RD besides what I've read in this and a few other threads so I'm sure you're right. I'm not claiming to know much about the subject.

wolf said that RD was a great product, people disagreed and went on to cite customer service problems and "shady" dealings to support their argument. If you're arguing about a product's performance give reasons to persuade someone to agree with you. I really have no opinion one way or the other, but this type of arguing is pretty prevalent on car audio forums. Two or more people will be arguing about something but it's as if they're not reading each other's posts and replying with the same rhetoric over and over. A lot more can be learned from a substantive argument.

I was not arguing, just wanted to reinforce why the two brands should not be used in the same sentence. ;)

I guess we thought it was rather common knowledge how often their stuff fails.

Look up any release where they allowed people to buy ahead of time and see the results. Read the thread with the complaints and realize that not only are the complaints customer service related, but also based on the fact that the product failed miserably. Then realize that they don't design jack and just re-badge some design, bid it out to a ultra low cost Chinese build house and then claim quality. Internet shady and shitty products altogether.

I agree that everyone went off on dealing with the company and not directly the product, but there is no separation in my mind. If you have shady service, 9 out of 10 times it is because you have a shady product. At least this holds true for internet companies. Perhaps exceptions, but not so many...

Agreed.

I wouldn't support either product. Customer service sucks on both companies!!!! I have stated b4 on this forum that I had a 12" XXX reconed and it took months to get back. I have credit at a store that sells re audio, so I bought the NEW XXX 15 that was supposed to be at the ces on Jan 10, I believe.... It's feb 15 and I still haven't received it...... Rd has never answered my phone calls or responded to my emails.....

You can buy re audio on ebay for pretty cheap, if you look at the XXX, there are alot of refurbs.... Just like kicker and mtx's which I would never buy again.....

Like others said on this forum, get a product from this store that has been proven.....

Just state it you want it to get low or just loud since SQ is all preference.....

^ Good points!

Cannot beat the customer service provided by SSA and all the vendors on this forum!

Forgot to mention that the reconed XXX I got back from re audio/ Greg/ usampfreak never worked!!!!! I'm just gunna send it into PAP and see what they can do with it..... :drink40:

I would still buy a us amps amp, but subs...... HELL NO

Forgot to mention that the reconed XXX I got back from re audio/ Greg/ usampfreak never worked!!!!! I'm just gunna send it into PAP and see what they can do with it..... :drink40:

why not send it into Scott the one who designed the woofers at RE?

I would send it to Fi as well, as Scott designed that woofer.

Am not talking about RDs customer service, we all know that it sucks ass, thats a given. What i was taking about was their products that I have seen first hand. I know guys that have been running their subs/amps without problems for a few years now. I personally am running a 15" FI Q on a AQ 2200 amp. Am not saying that I am going to buy a RD product ( But I had considered it at one point, but the CS screwed it all up). But i must say that SSA does have a pretty quick turn around time with returned equipment, and my hat goes off to them. But i was just giving my opinion from my personally experience, and for the most part I thought that what forums were about. Didnt really expect to get bashed for sharing, but ill know better for next time.

Maybe its as good as their amps. If you want a paperweight, go for it.

Custom paperweights rule, what are you talking about :peepwall:

Am not talking about RDs customer service, we all know that it sucks ass, thats a given. What i was taking about was their products that I have seen first hand. I know guys that have been running their subs/amps without problems for a few years now.

That is the exception. Perhaps you should volunteer to be first in line to try their next mistake.

Yea well, this is a open forum, I will say what ive seen. If you've got a problem with the guy for whatever reason thats your problem, sort it out with him. You shouldnt cry about it in ppl posting what they have seen and experience.

Yea well, this is a open forum, I will say what ive seen. If you've got a problem with the guy for whatever reason thats your problem, sort it out with him. You shouldnt cry about it in ppl posting what they have seen and experience.

That is the problem, people keep trying to get it sorted out, and they are still awaiting drivers, recalled amps, recones, replacement units, etc. etc. and they is either no response or lies. The fact that the product quality has fallen off a great deal, the customer service cannot get any worse, and the lies that are perpetuated just boggles my mind that people still think (not saying you, just people in general) it is a good idea to buy product from that "company". He is not attacking you, he is more so talking about the product and the company.

Look around to see how many forums RD has been banned from for their SHIT buisness practices and SHIT products. Yea there may be some people that got lucky and have not had any issues with RD product. But the ones that have been scammed far out weigh the positive. RD sucks and always will.

I would buy from WalMart before buying from RD!

Look around to see how many forums RD has been banned from for their SHIT buisness practices and SHIT products. Yea there may be some people that got lucky and have not had any issues with RD product. But the ones that have been scammed far out weigh the positive. RD sucks and always will.

Apparently now there is a fraud investigation going on. :Doh:

Apparently now there is a fraud investigation going on. Doh.gif

Well that should put the final nail in the RD coffin! woot.gif

Apparently now there is a fraud investigation going on. Doh.gif

LOL. I heard about that. Heard a few stories, thats sad man.

He is not attacking you, he is more so talking about the product and the company.

Exactly. Just because your friends have been lucky it isn't an attack on you, but definitely on RD.

i have never owned, seen or heard an RD product. With that being said, in reading all of these comments, I'd buy from eDuh before i would ever consider RD. Customer service is what makes or breaks a company, other than their product line. Especially when you take into account a lot of guys on these forums compete or at least are heavy users of their systems......things wear out, mistakes are made at times, and things just break. Without customer service to back up even a great product, the company will fail because you can't just make a great product and be done with it, you have to back it up. With hearing also that the product line from the get go is crap, that just makes for a definite no no on buying anything from them. Why do you think so many people feel the way they do about ED? A lot of people have been screwed by a lot of shady internet companies and even with the fanboys out there, real customers saying they were wronged hurts a company 10x's more than 1 good comment on a product or service.

As for Scott at FI reconing the new split coil xxx's, I've asked him to for me and he says he doesnt have the tooling to do it, at least I believe thats what it was. Something he needs to do the job is unavailable to him. Which sucks, because I'd love to get mine reconed to use for HT use. At least he can recone my old sx15 for use in my 2nd vehicle.

I'm going with sundown audio/fi audio/secondskin for most of my new system, because they all have great customer service backing up even better products.

whenever i know im going to be in a bad part of town i usually slap a RD sticker on my car to deter the robbers from stealing my shit.... :shrug:

i have never owned, seen or heard an RD product. With that being said, in reading all of these comments, I'd buy from eDuh before i would ever consider RD. Customer service is what makes or breaks a company, other than their product line. Especially when you take into account a lot of guys on these forums compete or at least are heavy users of their systems......things wear out, mistakes are made at times, and things just break. Without customer service to back up even a great product, the company will fail because you can't just make a great product and be done with it, you have to back it up. With hearing also that the product line from the get go is crap, that just makes for a definite no no on buying anything from them. Why do you think so many people feel the way they do about ED? A lot of people have been screwed by a lot of shady internet companies and even with the fanboys out there, real customers saying they were wronged hurts a company 10x's more than 1 good comment on a product or service.

As for Scott at FI reconing the new split coil xxx's, I've asked him to for me and he says he doesnt have the tooling to do it, at least I believe thats what it was. Something he needs to do the job is unavailable to him. Which sucks, because I'd love to get mine reconed to use for HT use. At least he can recone my old sx15 for use in my 2nd vehicle.

I'm going with sundown audio/fi audio/secondskin for most of my new system, because they all have great customer service backing up even better products.

That is when you know they have reached rock bottom.

whenever i know im going to be in a bad part of town i usually slap a RD sticker on my car to deter the robbers from stealing my shit.... shrug.gif

LOL