loudnobnoxious

ICIX Woofer Comparison

I got this from over at Sound Domain.

Ben Milne is getting together a bunch of woofers and testing them. So far SS's RL-P is going to be a part of the lineup.

Here's the thread.

http://www.icixsound.com/vb/showthread.php...43&page=1&pp=10

Honestly, Ben is saying the upper echelon of subwoofers. The driver to fill the space in such a testing environment should be the LMT enabled RL-S.

I really hope that the RL-S gets in the testing and not the RL-P. If Ben decides he won't let it fly because it's not out at this very moment he's going to be missing out on testing something that is sure to be well talked about in the future.

I think he posted over there that the LMT wont be tested... too bad but Im also glad the RL-P will be included. That is assuming Mike wants to participate :dancingsmilie: (wtf - all the smilies on this site and not one crossing fingers smilie... :()

I would love to see a soundsplinter product put in a large woofer comparsion, it would really make a statement for sure, well those of us who own it know that by now, but I don't think that this is a good test to put it in, there is too much negativity surrounding it already and it has not even started, plus it is being hosted by another company, right there I question the integrity of the comparsion, plus the spotty history of the man who is carrying out the test,

the great 8 challenge done by Lylod and Nick and their crew of jackals was a very good test, because it was done in a very professional manner and it was done by people who are not working for a company in the industry

there is too much negativity surrounding it already and it has not even started, plus it is being hosted by another company, right there I question the integrity of the comparsion,

:+1:

I hate seeing tests performed by competing companies....very hard to take them as being factual or unbiased.

Send them all to A2K or Klippel for testing; but don't have it done by a competing company. Doesn't matter which company it is, or the history of that company. As much as I like Mike and SS, I'd say that same thing if he wanted to "host" a challenge like this.......

there is too much negativity surrounding it already and it has not even started, plus it is being hosted by another company, right there I question the integrity of the comparsion,

:+1:

I hate seeing tests performed by competing companies....very hard to take them as being factual or unbiased.

Send them all to A2K or Klippel for testing; but don't have it done by a competing company. Doesn't matter which company it is, or the history of that company. As much as I like Mike and SS, I'd say that same thing if he wanted to "host" a challenge like this.......

+2

I disagree with the comments here. There is not a single eD woofer in the comparison and it will be a blind test. It seems just as fair as any other test you can conduct. Even if you despise Ben, he is not the only one judging. All boxes will be built to manufacturers recommendations and once again the tests are blind tests. THe only thing I could see eD having against ss is that they are TC woofers. lol. I think its a pretty cool idea and the results will be interesting. :)

I pretty much feel the same way as denim & squeak. While it would be a nice avenue for additional exposure, something has me on my guard. I was approached by Mr. Milne two days ago about this and have been mulling it over since. To make matters worse, this thread has only served to reinforce my initial hesitation in the matter! shiftyeyes.gif:Doh:

I'm still up in the air on it, but it may not be feasible anyway since they are using the 1ohm Nine.1 setup and I only have a couple D2's left which have already been requested by customers. Not to mention, all the tests taking place at eD, and half of the test group (even if they won't be judges) are directly affiliated with eD as owner and employee - it just doesn't feel how I'd like it to feel. I'm not trying to say anything about the integrity of the people conducting the test, as frankly their business is their business.. but I am simply a skeptical person by nature and I can't easily change that!

Hell I actually think what frightens me most is that perhaps I'm not ready to take such a step into the spotlight yet shrug.gif

I like keeping things as simple and as under-the-radar as possible.. but only time will tell on this one.

Low-Pro all the way baby! :poop:

This is a tough situation for you Mike!

BTW, they also have a jbl bpx2200 being donated by jbl and a behringer 2000 that can be used if necessary. :)

no eD subs, but an IDMAX. and guess who builds the eD subs now?

it'll be biased. it's ben milne for pete's sake..lol....

and he won't let the soon to be publicly available rl-s in? or the uber? which can be bought by the public for $999 thru tcsounds directly..(as told to me by a lil birdie)

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

dood eDuh is sooooo gonna crus the competition...that is because they eD will, by default, get 3 drivers instad of just one because it is being held by the con himself...

really fomr all the chit ive heard about him, i dont care what he does...i send ICSX a good nasty e-mail for junking up my mailbox with this crap when my IP is banned from there... :D

.i send ICSX a good nasty e-mail for junking up my mailbox with this crap when my IP is banned from there... :D

:lol2: sweet!

and u know eD is trustworthy when he had to create his own forum to keep from getting bashed...adn then bans ppl who do bash him.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Stinkin eDmos !

Kill em all i say

Kent, dont you love little birdies

lol..yep..i likes when littlie birdies whisper stuff...lol..

but this little birdie will probably smack me for calling him a lil birdie...hehe

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I think my little birdie is out with the flu

BTW...see the other thread about this...where ever it is...

THe cronies where lurking on SIN and stole my idea...

"Elemental Designs

Stealing Other Peoples Chit Since 4 Evah

Including RebadgeD:

-Subwoofers

-Componet Sets

-Sound Deadening

-Ideas For Comparison Competitions

-and Other Unmentioned chit

and We've Been Denying It From Day 2"