Is it just me or has the website been running REALLY slowly lately? I'm on here and CA.com at the same time most days and suddenly about a week ago I've had a hard time with this site loading completely and being EXTREMELY slow... the little green box in the top center of the page that says "Loading..." never goes away anymore either.... I've been through everything in explorer and its just as slow in FireFox and on my other two computers.... just wondering if it's my going crazy or if anyone else has had problems....

Is it just me or has the website been running REALLY slowly lately? I'm on here and CA.com at the same time most days and suddenly about a week ago I've had a hard time with this site loading completely and being EXTREMELY slow... the little green box in the top center of the page that says "Loading..." never goes away anymore either.... I've been through everything in explorer and its just as slow in FireFox and on my other two computers.... just wondering if it's my going crazy or if anyone else has had problems....

yea, running kind of slow for me also... i think they might be doing updates or something

sounds like your computer is clipping.

Turn the gain down by rolling the wheel mouse back a little and you should be good.

Yea, the auto loading feature isn't working yet.

the auto loading feature was working fine for me before it started running slow......

Indeed updates are happening, it'll get better. :)

We are always working behind the scenes on the site to make it better. Somethings are big noticeable changes, others go unseen, some work fine first time through, others bugger up a number of other things and take a bunch of work to get things all working at normal levels again.

Thanks Denim for explaining.... I love this site and when it slowed down on me I was affraid the Spammers/Viri or something else bad may have affected it like the problems CA is having so bad anymore... I was just fretting at the very thought of even attempting to find another site comparable to this one...

Thanks Denim for explaining.... I love this site and when it slowed down on me I was affraid the Spammers/Viri or something else bad may have affected it like the problems CA is having so bad anymore... I was just fretting at the very thought of even attempting to find another site comparable to this one...

I just disabled the recent topics feature. That should speed up the site for many people. Part of the issue is that we (Mark & I) want our site to be as feature packed and different from others as possible, as so many sites are straight out of the box and look beyond boring. That is an issue because of all the modifications we have been doing, the site has become very 'heavy'. We are on a dedicated server, so all things under the SSA umbrella are not effected by other sites. Hope that helps clear it up a little more. :turkey:

Seems fine to me!

The problem was solved nearly 3 months ago. ;)

:peepwall: