JammerJ

Component Set

Another thing to think about is either raising his budget for a better set of components but some will tell you that it will be hard to find the mid-bass he is looking for in a 6.5" speaker also (not saying that cant do it but a bigger midbass speaker would help with the lack of midbass). What is he looking for from his midbass speakers, just louder midbass?

Just wants it to not pop and sound decent. Like there is literally no midbass at all in these speakers. They are popping off of nothing. I told him to look into the image dynamics 5x7 comp sets. SQ is not the primary factor but is important so these should do wonders under his budget. I gotta see how much I can get them from my dealer in the bronx. Maybe around $250 which would be worth waiting and spending the extra cash.

Well fuck it if you think speakers with more power will help then go for what you know, kinda pointless to ask for help and not use it wisely. These guys know what they are talking about, if they say you need deadening then get it because eventually your gonna need it anyway. But good luck

*Oh yeah the power levels of a speaker dont determine jack shit, so buying speakers with more power does not guarantee to you will be louder at all.

We have tried everything that was mentioned on this thread except for the deadening, and I still have the same problems. There is no mid bass.

The stock backs have more of a clean midbass and louder midbass than the front cdts lol.

Both are undeadened.

Well fuck it if you think speakers with more power will help then go for what you know, kinda pointless to ask for help and not use it wisely. These guys know what they are talking about, if they say you need deadening then get it because eventually your gonna need it anyway. But good luck

*Oh yeah the power levels of a speaker dont determine jack shit, so buying speakers with more power does not guarantee to you will be louder at all.

We have tried everything that was mentioned on this thread except for the deadening, and I still have the same problems. There is no mid bass.

Damn that is crazy, I put my Eminence Alphas(true midranges) on High Pass Frequency at 30Hz and was getting some midbass from them. Maybe it might be those components after all. Hope you get this figured out ASAP.

Another thing to think about is either raising his budget for a better set of components but some will tell you that it will be hard to find the mid-bass he is looking for in a 6.5" speaker also (not saying that cant do it but a bigger midbass speaker would help with the lack of midbass). What is he looking for from his midbass speakers, just louder midbass?

Just wants it to not pop and sound decent. Like there is literally no midbass at all in these speakers. They are popping off of nothing. I told him to look into the image dynamics 5x7 comp sets. SQ is not the primary factor but is important so these should do wonders under his budget. I gotta see how much I can get them from my dealer in the bronx. Maybe around $250 which would be worth waiting and spending the extra cash.

Those ID's won't help.

Deadening will help but not completely.

It will help WAY MORE than those ID's.

The stock backs have more of a clean midbass and louder midbass than the front cdts lol.

Both are undeadened.

Then there is an install issue and YES that includes deadening.

I would be there is also a setting or two that is jacked on either your amp or headunit. If I were you, I'd post all your settings up here way before I spent any money.

Also curious what frequencies you are lacking in midbass and how you determined which ones they were.

Those ID's won't help.

Deadening will help but not completely.

It will help WAY MORE than those ID's.

Both are undeadened.

Then there is an install issue and YES that includes deadening.

I would be there is also a setting or two that is jacked on either your amp or headunit. If I were you, I'd post all your settings up here way before I spent any money.

Also curious what frequencies you are lacking in midbass and how you determined which ones they were.

Popping occurs on mainly techno and hip hop where there is a good amount of midbass. I do not know what frequencies those are. Vocals are fine, kick pedal drums are fine. Pretty much just techno and hip hop beats is where they lack and pop.

Great idea posting the setting on everything. Josh you need to get on that. If not I will do it Saturday night.

Please include the method used for setting the gains.

I'd also run some test tones and see where the "popping" occurs.

Ya I wish my elbow didnt crack my rockford fosgate 3sixty.2 cd. It had like 100 tracks on it with sweeps and whatnot so we could see where this thing started sounding like crap.

Ya I wish my elbow didnt crack my rockford fosgate 3sixty.2 cd. It had like 100 tracks on it with sweeps and whatnot so we could see where this thing started sounding like crap.

Just get some sweeps from shizzzon, that is where I got mine from (they are in a link in his signature).

Ya that is what I plan on doing. I was so pissed when I cracked the cd. That is the day everything bad was happening to me. Like my amps fuses were popping, bluetooth wasn't connecting, amongst other things. Just added to my day lol.

Damn that is tough but that is car audio for ya, either it doesnt want to work out for ya (whether it is one thing or many things). I dont even want to know what they will charge for a replacement cd if you wanted one.

i suggest he re audio re series they get pretty loud and never distort their around 165$

i suggest he re audio re series they get pretty loud and never distort their around 165$

Terrible recommendation. I had 2 sets of the xxx's and all I can say is that they did not get loud at all for the power that was put to them. Very inefficient. They did sound half way decent.

Any updates to this?

No lol. His amp cuts out at all volumes randomly. We are trying to figure out where this short is. It's hard because it is randomly occuring. I have a feeling that there is a short in the speaker wires. We need to disconnect one channel from the output of the amp and test to see which it is. If both then I do not know what to say.