JammerJ

Component Set

I am looking to buy a new component set for my Jeep. I have a Sundown Audio 125.2 amp and i want to do a passive crossover setup. I want them to be loud but sound good as well, I am also selling my new set of CDT speakers, if anyone wants more info on the set I'm selling let me know. I am basically looking to spend $150-$250, if anyone has any recommendations please let me know.

Someone told me to buy these:

http://www.woofersetc.com/p2571/MM6--Polk-Audio-65"-Momo-Competition-Component-Set.htm

I'm wondering if anyone has used them or has a review on these

I am looking to buy a new component set for my Jeep. I have a Sundown Audio 125.2 amp and i want to do a passive crossover setup. I want them to be loud but sound good as well, I am also selling my new set of CDT speakers, if anyone wants more info on the set I'm selling let me know. I am basically looking to spend $150-$250, if anyone has any recommendations please let me know.

Someone told me to buy these:

http://www.woofersetc.com/p2571/MM6--Polk-Audio-65"-Momo-Competition-Component-Set.htm

I'm wondering if anyone has used them or has a review on these

Why are you selling brand new speakers to get the same thing again. Do the CDTs not come with a passive crossover? If not, why not active?

The speakers i have aren't as loud as i need them to be, and active would be too much money. My subs are much louder than my speakers and i can barely hear them, i need a set that can handle more power.

The speakers i have aren't as loud as i need them to be, and active would be too much money. My subs are much louder than my speakers and i can barely hear them, i need a set that can handle more power.

How do you figure that? Its simply taking away the passive crossover network and wiring the speakers straight to the amp. Then tune accordingly.

Yea but he has a 2 channel amp. Don't you need a 4-channel amp to wire it active? tweets on the front and mids on the rear channel?

I have not listened to those before. They look like they would be nice tho.

I like the Image Dynamics CTX65CS. Same price as those Polk at woofersetc too.

In that less than $200 price range I would take a serious look at them. They get loud and sound good doing it. Good tweeter for the money.

If the Id's look like something you would like, I have a set that has never been out of the box that I could save you a little $ on too.

Got me a a new 3way set up coming and will not have a need for the second set of these. :drink40:

I will be keeping the installed set for rear fill.

How do you figure that? Its simply taking away the passive crossover network and wiring the speakers straight to the amp. Then tune accordingly.

Well wouldn't I need another amp?

I have not listened to those before. They look like they would be nice tho.

I like the Image Dynamics CTX65CS. Same price as those Polk at woofersetc too.

In that less than $200 price range I would take a serious look at them. They get loud and sound good doing it. Good tweeter for the money.

If the Id's look like something you would like, I have a set that has never been out of the box that I could save you a little $ on too.

Got me a a new 3way set up coming and will not have a need for the second set of these. :drink40:

I will be keeping the installed set for rear fill.

Ya I saw those and those were my second option, I'll def. let you know if I decide to get those instead.

Yea and to make sure that you can set the crossover for your tweets either on the amp 2.5khz and up. or can do it on your deck as well somehow. That is the only problem that you need a deck with proper crossover settings and also the amp.

Yeah you would need another 2 channel amp.

Ya like I said, I want to go passive, active is too much money, I cant afford another amp, and it seems like too much of a hassle, plus i already have everything set up for passive. I just need a new speaker set.

Yes you would. Have you looked into a used 125.2? Like this. SAX125.2 used

I have a 125.2 already

But that is what car audio is all about, MONEY!

He means another one and offered the used one to you since you say you dont want to pay for another amp.

I have a 125.2 already

I know that. I meant buying another. If you have the money to buy more speakers, then why not an amp?

I have a 125.2 already

I know that. I meant buying another. If you have the money to buy more speakers, then why not an amp?

Basically because i dont want another amp, i said i want different speakers, not an amp.

But that is what car audio is all about, MONEY!

Oh trust me I know lol, I spent every paycheck this summer on car audio lol

Personally no set of speakers is going to keep up with your substage, especially if you upgrade to your future setup that is in your signature.

o

I understand, but all I'm looking for is a recommendation on what speakers to buy, or if the ones i posted are any good. I am happy with going passive, and would like to stay that way. If I was to buy another amp I would still need to buy another set of speakers because the ones I have cant handle the power i want to put into them. And I def. don't have the money for it lol.

Personally no set of speakers is going to keep up with your substage, especially if you upgrade to your future setup that is in your signature.

I would obviously need to upgrade again but thats waaaay down the road when i start pulling in some real money lol.

He knows he is not going to be able to keep up. All he is saying is he is trying to get his front stage as loud as possible so he could possibly be able to hear actual music.

He is not going active so stop forcing him to. He told you his price range of $150-250. There is no way you can go active with that kind of money. Active is not for everyone and even though it has its benefits it can also seriously f up the sound of your system if you don't know wtf you are doing or if you don't put the time to tune it in correctly.

The kid is simply asking what would people recommend for a set of speakers that get loud and sound good doing it in that price range with a passive crossover included. Nuff said.

You know we go through this with everybody who ask a question, we pull out all the stops and now that we now he doesnt want to go active for the money we moved on (nobody is forcing him neither). Just like we tell everybody else who comes on here asking about what component set to get, go out to shops and listen to see what you like. Somebody might come on here and say they like these speakers because there loud and you might not agree or vice versa. So this topic is up in the air until you find some speakers that fit your listening level output wise and sound preference wise.

He knows he is not going to be able to keep up. All he is saying is he is trying to get his front stage as loud as possible so he could possibly be able to hear actual music.

He is not going active so stop forcing him to. He told you his price range of $150-250. There is no way you can go active with that kind of money. Active is not for everyone and even though it has its benefits it can also seriously f up the sound of your system if you don't know wtf you are doing or if you don't put the time to tune it in correctly.

The kid is simply asking what would people recommend for a set of speakers that get loud and sound good doing it in that price range with a passive crossover included. Nuff said.

Thank you lol

Well you could also go use the search feature, see how many component set topics are created and see what we tell them. The exact same we are telling you know so all this could of been avoided with a little extra work on your own, check out the thread you posted this topic in and see the other topics made just like this one.