Sign in to follow this  
ric

what sub is available for this?

hi guys, i would like to ask for some options to look at. need some inputs here,

what sub would be good for a .5 - .6 enclosure / 200-500rms / decent lows / good SQ, sounds good even for metal, rap, hiphop, etc.

( so something with a little SPL on it)?

so far only things i see are PG RSDc 10", RE SR 10", and RE REx 10"

do i have any other options on this?

good price would be around $200 and highs on $300 for a pair.

so $100 - $150 each...

Edited by zitric

hi guys, i would like to ask for some options to look at. need some inputs here,

what sub would be good for a .5 - .6 enclosure / 200-500rms / decent lows / good SQ, sounds good even for metal, rap, hiphop, etc.

( so something with a little SPL on it)?

so far only things i see are PG RSDc 10", RE SR 10", and RE REx 10"

do i have any other options on this?

good price would be around $200 and highs on $300.

Ive heard these are excellent in small enclosures. SS RLi10 The 8s fit the enclosure space you are looking for a little better though.

@jay-cee

ENCLOSURE RECOMMENDATIONS:

Sealed: .75 cu.ft.

Sealed: .90 cu.ft. optimal

this would be in net, the my req of .5 .6 will be out...

@ bigrank916

sorry my mistake, updated now, the price would be for a pair already... really limited on space, budget and i need 2 for the total install looks.

im placing one on each side of the tail lights in the trunk.

Well since you said up to 500 rms, going with a smaller box it will handle that power better but it was just a suggestion since I didnt feel like going out there searching every company and looking at all subwoofer enclosure recommendations (that is your job to do). Then come back with a list and we can help you narrow it done.

Why do you need to have such a tiny enclosure? What/Where is this sub going into/going?

@ jay-cee - im not asking anybody to research for me, im asking people who might have experience good subs that goes on those tiny enclosures. ok, if among the 3 i posted, whats your bet?

@ Don Ganso - its going to be placed in a trunk behind the tail lights. one on each side, trying to get the most out of the space available in the trunk.

If you fiberglass it you may be able to get some more room out of the space you have available.

was thinking of really doing that, im just afraid coz i dont think i have the skills for that. im not sure on how to strengthen the enclosure that way unlike with mdfs.

anyways, the size ive mentioned above is using a 3/4 mdf wood.

was thinking of really doing that, im just afraid coz i dont think i have the skills for that. im not sure on how to strengthen the enclosure that way unlike with mdfs.

anyways, the size ive mentioned above is using a 3/4 mdf wood.

Check out fiberglass forums.com or look at some build logs (there are a couple of people on here who show a kinda step by step process on how they did there fiberglass if interested). I never done it before but the process doesnt look to difficult after researching it, I think I will have trouble mixing and wanting things to look perfect.

Oh yeah I would use .5" mdf in your case and it will be fine.

thanks jay-cee. do you think the .5 mdf would be strong enough? specially for a sub with 500watts and i think 18mm of xmax? wouldn't the enclosure break?

thanks jay-cee. do you think the .5 mdf would be strong enough? specially for a sub with 500watts and i think 18mm of xmax? wouldn't the enclosure break?

........Highly doubt it, unless you burp the damn thing at 3kw and shoot the soft parts through the back glass, which ain't gonna happen.

.....Or is it? :)