smullen

Question on the FI BTL 15 Enclosure size???

On the FI BTL 15" Fully Loaded, but for Daily/Music,

Specs state 3cu to 5 cu tuned to I don't remember like 35hz... Whatever it is...

This will be powered by a SAZ-2000D... Lets assume I have the electrial system to back it up...

How much difference will I see between a 3 cu enclosure and a 5cu??? Not sure if it matters, but I am wanting to do Sub and vent facing up, vent furtherest to the rear..

I wish I could hear it both ways... Well I guess I could, but I don't want to spend the money on two enclosures...

Usually the smaller side of the enclosures means the more power you could use on the sub, I would go for an enclosure 5ft^3 tuned to whatever you desire.

Larger enclosure will play lower, have a flatter response overall, and be more efficient. But it can sound a bit less accurate and more boomy.

If you aren't sure what to do, make a 4 cube box.

The reason why I was asking was I was concerned with not having enough space...

hehehe I want to much, I want all the bass, but I do not want to give up my whole cargo area for the Audio system...

Car audio is usually filled with compromises. So you'll have to make some.

Ok using RE Box calc

I think this will fit, I'll have to measure one more time... But assuming it does...

Hows this look for the 15" BTL???

Box Width 32

Box Height 25

Box Top Depth 15

Box Bottom Depth 15

wood thickness .75

Square port Width 3 < ---- This gonna be a big enough area???

Square port length 2 8"

Square port area is 70.5

Box vol is 4.592 (sub takes up .21) = 4.382 cu after sub displacement

tuned freq is 36.27~

I think I'd like the tuning a tad lower, but will I really be able to tell? This is for music... Rap, Jazz, R&B, Some rock, Alternitive, techno... etc...

Thoughts?

Or would I be better off stepping back down to the 12" BTL?

Edited by smullen

Using the dimensions you have above, go ahead and make the port 30-32" long. ~4 ft^3 of airspace tuned to 34-35 Hz. Will work great.

Using the dimensions you have above, go ahead and make the port 30-32" long. ~4 ft^3 of airspace tuned to 34-35 Hz. Will work great.

Forgive my ignorance, as I'm less than a Newb when it comes to figuring out port specs...

So when you say make the port length 30-32", you mean the value where I currently have it set to 8 giving me 24.5??? So I change it from 8 to 14 and now I get 30.5???

If so sweet... I try to do some more final measuements in the truck to make sure soon as I get get out there durring daylight... I work alot and travel around St. Louis Missouri and Illinois alot... Never now where I'll be and when...

Use these external dimensions that you posted:

Box Width 32

Box Height 25

Box Top Depth 15

Box Bottom Depth 15

wood thickness .75

Make the port 3" wide x 23.5" high.

Make the port 32" deep. That is an L shape. Run the "side" port wall into the box so it is 3" from the back wall. Add a second piece that will run parallel to the back wall (3" away from it) that is 17" long. This gives a port length of 32".

Leaves you with ~3.9 cuft tuned to 35 Hz. Will work great. I have run BTL's in 2.9 cuft tuned to 35 Hz and they sounded great.

On the FI BTL 15" Fully Loaded, but for Daily/Music,

Specs state 3cu to 5 cu tuned to I don't remember like 35hz... Whatever it is...

This will be powered by a SAZ-2000D... Lets assume I have the electrial system to back it up...

How much difference will I see between a 3 cu enclosure and a 5cu??? Not sure if it matters, but I am wanting to do Sub and vent facing up, vent furtherest to the rear..

I wish I could hear it both ways... Well I guess I could, but I don't want to spend the money on two enclosures...

i have my set in 4cubes each tuned to 33 and it sound great on all music. make sure u brace the crap out of the box and use a double baffle

hey since wereon this subject lol can you guys help me out too my box i want is similar just 36x15x26 how long should i make the port and stay with the 3" wide port also?