Doctor Q

(4) 10" SSA Dcons

First of all I want to apologize because this post is LONG overdue, but finally it is here. I have been enjoying this setup since the summer, but thought I was going to be going to get something else installed and so I was waiting to make this thread until I did, but I have not found anytime and its not really a priority in my life right now to finish this... I'm satisfied for now and probably over christmas break will finish....

So I purchased (4) SoundSolution Audio Dcons in the 10" size and a Sundown 1000D. I had a custom box built but due to having to put it in my trunk, I had to decrease the size... the box was designed by Shizzon (thank you immensely) and built by Freeman's Audio in Hickory....

Here are some pictures of the build, some final, some in progress... and a few more to come.... Also threw in a picture of my 15% tint for the hell of it...

For the subs, they are loud enough for my satisfaction and sound wonderful. Ofcourse, if i had time, money, and invincible ears, i would build a louder system (and have thought about it) but it is louder than my friends can stand and loud enough to damage my hearing so ive decidied this is enough for now and within a matter of time, i will probably loose interest in being loud anyway and just want the sound quality aspect.....

arrival day. hell ya

0810091150.jpg

0815091720.jpg

0814092304-2.jpg

this is before i put on the final black suede plate and the amp...

0814092231-1.jpg

this is before even the red suede

0814091714.jpg

shot of inside the box of the port and bracing.

0814091708.jpg

bare box.

0814091707.jpg

15% tint all around...i will never own a non-tinted car again.

0609092046.jpg

very nice looking set up. glad you're happy with it. Those subs have some really great output for being "little guys"

Very nice and clean install! I love my DCON 10" which is in the wifes car.

thanks guys and yes they do... most of the people that get in just assume because of their size it wont be loud at all but oh hey, there are four.. maybe itll be a little bit louder than i think and then i turn it up and they're begging me to turn it down haha.

all in all im very satified and my only regret it i wish there was some way we could have fit a box the size of the original design but the skeleton that was made to that original size was not getting in the trunk in any way so i had to sacrifice some or build an optimum box but not use all the subs...

thank you sundown audio and thank you soundsolutions audio and thank you to everyone on the forum who helped me plan this, especially shizzon.

Glad to see another happy Dcon install! :drink40:

This looks good !

one little question (silly maybe, but, you know, we learn everyday !) : How is the output with this kind of instal when the back seats are up?

Do you loose a lot? I feel like the seats are going to block/stop the bass too much.

This looks good !

one little question (silly maybe, but, you know, we learn everyday !) : How is the output with this kind of instal when the back seats are up?

Do you loose a lot? I feel like the seats are going to block/stop the bass too much.

The same as any other trunk system with the seats up, not as loud but when the seats are down it will be louder.

hey notorious, jay-cee pretty much got it.... it is definitely noticeably louder with the seats down 99% of the time I have them down.... the only time I put them up is if I am carrying more than one person (not often) or going snowboarding sometimes I put them up....

but i love it and would do it 1000x over.... much preferred over my last setup where I had a 15" Fi Q in my trunk firing toward the back..... there is much more sound inside of the cabin with my current setup and also A LOT less rattling.

p.s. I should FINALLY have everything done late next week and will post pics up when i find time so stay tuned.

p.s. I should FINALLY have everything done late next week and will post pics up when i find time so stay tuned.

What else are you doing to it or upgrading?

D Con look to be a great sub for the price

I completely agree. :)

What else are you doing to it or upgrading?

nothing to do with the sounds, just aesthetics.... finishing up the trunk.

sometime this upcoming weekend ill get some pics (unfortunately probably phone pics) and try to get a video if i have time to go find an open lot somewhere.

aww man you had me excited for a minute, but working on the car FTW!

haha sorry man. i would but im fresh outta cash ONCE AGAIN... this hobby will steal ur cash like its nothing. especially on a teenager's income. :o

haha sorry man. i would but im fresh outta cash ONCE AGAIN... this hobby will steal ur cash like its nothing. especially on a teenager's income. :o

do you have full size photos of this install you can email me for the rides pages?

support@soundsolutionsaudio.com

do you have full size photos of this install you can email me for the rides pages?

support@soundsolutionsaudio.com

the only pics i have are off my phone which is like a 2 mega pix camera.... ill try to snatch my dads camera this upcoming weekend and take some if u want?

Ok FINALLY I got some videos up. I got a few more but want to find a better way to upload these. The sound is not reproduced well and it doesnt sound very loud but I can assure you its pretty loud. Just from doing these videos my ears were hurting and buzzing for awhile. Also, I have never driven these subs this far. Especially on the lower notes, im usually more careful but after each video I smelled the subs/port and got nothing... also subs and amp got luke-warm at best... not hot at all. Also, the flex... you can see some of it, but alot of it you cant see from these videos. Everything flexes and vibrates (mirrors, rearview mirror, windows, side panels, trunk, windshield moves some, and the doors come in and out but you cant see most of this on video. Subs are outstanding. I got some more pictures ill post too... Enjoy

I couldnt find a good place to upload, both photobucket and youtube were being wierd so i used motion box or something like that... Also, sorry for my voice, i just woke up and just getting over a cold. And im too lazy to edit otherwise id make these a little nicer haha.

This just runs over what I have as in audio equip and tint... nothing important really:

MOV01137.MPG from alexp073 on Motionbox

Here is the first video.... Fell the Bass II, its a bass test and also All Black (slowed down in audacity):

MOV01138.MPG from alexp073 on Motionbox

Alrite... here is the second video. This is just playing test tones in 5hz increments from 55hz down to 20hz both inside and outside the car:

MOV01139.MPG from alexp073 on Motionbox

This video shows the air being moved, i used red wrapping paper. Used Iced Up by Gucci Mane (slowed down on audacity):

MOV01141.MPG from alexp073 on Motionbox

Hope you enjoyed. Whenever I have time again Ill take more with more songs. I meant to do a different All black. I have an even more slowed down version. Flex shows some in the video but trust me its way more in reality. Also sounds wierd on video. Very proud and happy customer here though.

Alex

"Doctor Q"

Here are some pictures....

My Ride

DSC01123.jpg

Four little monsters

DSC01131.jpg

SSA knows what they're doing

DSC01132.jpg

Nice ass shot (ill get a night pic later with the neon)

DSC01135.jpg

Similar to the second shot

DSC01117.jpg

Dustcap

DSC01118.jpg

And my favorite shot of the day... (damn that seatbelt)

DSC01116.jpg