Sign in to follow this  
jellyfish420

new kicks

i'm redoing them. the tweet is gonna be in them this time and i'm molding them to the actual kick panel from the car....

one question though...should i seal of the backside of the tweeter hole? or just leave it like that?

10148911pf.jpg

10148921kz.jpg

10148937iw.jpg

Leave it like that...

there won't be any air that leaks around the tweet? do i caulk the tweet in.

second question...should i cut a hole in the factory kick panel, as if to vent it into the inner fender, sort of IB...

You can caulk it in.

Better safe than having an air leak.

Some guy had his mids vented into the out side fender

there arent any backwaves on a tweeter...why would you need to seal the back off. its sealed with its own enclosure ;)

anyway, if you are chaulking it in place are you going to use your mounting hardware, one of mine was "misplaced" id be happy to give you a few bucks ofr shipping via paypal or w/e.

dude just fiberglass a little wall inbetween the tweet and the mid...

problemo solved

there arent any backwaves on a tweeter...why would you need to seal the back off. its sealed with its own enclosure ;)

anyway, if you are chaulking it in place are you going to use your mounting hardware, one of mine was "misplaced" id be happy to give you a few bucks ofr shipping via paypal or w/e.

ya i'm using it..sorry :(

i got the fleece wrapped this morning...

it was hard as fu(k. i'll have pics later.

i ran into some problems today. stretching the fleece turned out to be a bit(h!!!

i covered it in resin, let it sit for an hour and came back out to check it. it wasn't even drying a little bit. so i mixed up some more resin w/ like 3-4 times as much hardener than needed and painted that over top to harden all of it. i got done, and not even a min later the resin in my cup started boiling! i never seen it do that before. it was kinda cool. anyway, they're not looking to pretty right now, i got a few wrinkles. when the resin was almost dry i tried to pull as many of the wrinkles as i could up to the center of the ring so i could just cut them out. in the second pic you can see where i had to cut the material, and piece it together.

10149022vs.jpg

10149034yu.jpg

Not pretty.

Id say do them over.

Is that even fleece ?

It looks like silk

is that mold of the floor under it?

BTWyou have to pull it untill it wont strech anymore and you have to secure it well, lots of ductape with a bead of rubber cement around the edge seems or work :)

is that mold of the floor under it?

BTWyou have to pull it untill it wont strech anymore and you have to secure it well, lots of ductape with a bead of rubber cement around the edge seems or work :)

supa..no its not fleece. the fleece wasn't working for me.

thats a curtain :ph34r:

no mold of the floor, cause these aren't gonna be on the floor. that is the factory kick panel. i couldn't pull it super tight, actually i left it kinda loose. cause the factory panel is kinda flexible. and if i would of pulled it tight and glassed it. the factory panel would of warped, and i would of never got it back on the car ;) i use 3M spay adhesive. i haven't found anything that works better.

got on one layer of matt. notice a couple of stratigicly placed air bubbles ;)

they are kinda bridging the gap between wrinkles. the next layer will strengthen the bubble. i'm feelin better now, they're starting to take shape :D

10149040th.jpg

10149053jw.jpg

i think it was like $50. it is what was left over from my boss' kids box i did for the 2 RE 8's. he told me i could keep it, cause he didn't know how to fiberglass. what he didn't realize was it was the 2nd UNOPENED gallon. LOL so i got a whole gallon for free.

when i do buy it i go to the boat store w/ a gallon bleach bottle and they fill it for $35 :D

thats gonna take a lot of bodyfiller and a lot of sanding with low grit..

MORE PICS!!! see it don't look that bad :P: the second pic... i didn't account for the dash coming down that far. so the 3rd, you can see i patched in a piece of material. and now were back in the running.

p.s. i did all that cutting w/ a pair of sissors :D

10149081fi.jpg

10149093yx.jpg

10149120qa.jpg

Do i detect a piece of wal mart wire

Do i detect a piece of wal mart wire

hell yea!!!

50ft spool of 16ga for the componants :finger:

did you notice on the second pic on this page. the crappy 5.25 in my driver kick. i had to send one back to RE, and i needed something to put in there. it just sounded so lopsided w/o it

i think it was like $50. it is what was left over from my boss' kids box i did for the 2 RE 8's. he told me i could keep it, cause he didn't know how to fiberglass. what he didn't realize was it was the 2nd UNOPENED gallon. LOL so i got a whole gallon for free.

when i do buy it i go to the boat store w/ a gallon bleach bottle and they fill it for $35 :D

Sweet.

$35 isnt shabby for a gallon of resin

you dont even want me o pus up pics of the sub for my computer...lmao