Sign in to follow this  
Tosh Henderson

1 15" xcon or 2 12" icons

Two Icons.

More information about your listening goals instead of those absurdly general ones would help. But it doesn't matter, I'd still suggest two icons.

4 cubes 2000watts which would be better combo .ported box in suv. Want hard hitting with clarity

Whichever one is installed correctly, it doesnt matter the output wont vary to much and both will give you want you want. It will all come down to the install and box so make sure that is top notch, then buy the subs that you have the money for. If you still cant decide then do a simple option that I did just get a quarter and flip a coin, thats all the advice we can give you. Anymore and then we are lying to you but nobody will be able to tell you which one is better, the only way to do that is by both and test it out then let us know. :drink40:

Icons ftmfw.

Two Icons.

More information about your listening goals instead of those absurdly general ones would help. But it doesn't matter, I'd still suggest two icons.

What he said ^^. Please add or provide a little more info, because with out knowing any parameters or goals of your install, the only factor we can go on is cone surface and power compression.

Don't forget that 2 Icons are more expensive than one Xcon.

But both will be good !

Good luck

Two Icons.

What he said ^^. Please add or provide a little more info, because with out knowing any parameters or goals of your install, the only factor we can go on is cone surface and power compression.

Daily driver. Rap,r&b, and clasic rock. What is your opinion on doing a 12" xcon and if I want more add a second would have for the 2 12's. Or would a little over 2k wts not do justice for a pair of xcons?

Two Icons.

Daily driver. Rap,r&b, and clasic rock. What is your opinion on doing a 12" xcon and if I want more add a second would have for the 2 12's. Or would a little over 2k wts not do justice for a pair of xcons?

Since there is no such thing as underpowering a sub I dont see why not, subs dont need there rms or more than there rms to shine or do there job.

I had my x-cons on 600-700wrms each for a long time and it does them plenty of justice man. When i went to the 3000d though it was another world. Went from a 147 on the windshield to a 150. Anyways here is a video of mine one a 1500D. http://www.youtube.com/user/MazdaCon

dammn i love watchin those kind of vids. Thats some crazy stuff there. I think that would be too much for me though haha. I so want a sax 100.4 now. That shit sounded so loud!

I had my x-cons on 600-700wrms each for a long time and it does them plenty of justice man. When i went to the 3000d though it was another world. Went from a 147 on the windshield to a 150. Anyways here is a video of mine one a 1500D. http://www.youtube.com/user/MazdaCon

Thank you for posting that. People have this impression that they need goobs of power to function. When in reality that is far from the truth. I wish I had shot a little video of the prototype Xcon 12 in a sealed 1.1 test enclosure with 240 watts on it, in our old Civic SSA test bed.