sundownz

Nightshade v.2 -- New Personal best score !

are those sp1700 16volt batteries? and awesome score btw!!

Edited by CrazyKenKid

people ask me all the time.... why do you run 15's and not 18's........

i always tell them the same thing... people expect an 18 to be loud.... every one knows someone with 15's and can say DAMN SON I THOUGHT SO AND SO"S SUBS WERE LOUD...... its the WOW factor. THATS A 15!!!????

jacob... for real.. i need some V2's

i like the awe factor of people seeing an 18" sub in a freaking 2 door focus lol.

people ask me all the time.... why do you run 15's and not 18's........

i always tell them the same thing... people expect an 18 to be loud.... every one knows someone with 15's and can say DAMN SON I THOUGHT SO AND SO"S SUBS WERE LOUD...... its the WOW factor. THATS A 15!!!????

jacob... for real.. i need some V2's

That's why I rock 12's ;)

are those sp1700 16volt batteries? and awesome score btw!!

They are 12v -- I put my XS Power D1000s back in for 16v.

These D1000s are troopers... 2 of them are 5-7 years old, another 2 are 3-4 years old, and the other two are 2-3 years old... and all of them hold a charge like new.

UPDATE:

I have moved to 16v but still around the same score... figuring out why.

My impedance rise is insanely low with the D1 coils and the amps at 0.25 each... I may need to use D2 coils *laughs*

0.25 actual DCR per amplifier with a rise to 0.8 per amplifier -- little on the low side! When I kick it one more click past the 155.9 - 156.0 level the amps get protect happy.

I need to re-build with a D2 which would give me 0.45 per amp actual DCR and should net 1.44 per amplifier... which based on earlier testing can still give me around 14,000 watts from the pair of 4500s on 18v.

I may also just throw four 3500s in there at 0.5 each -- that could do it :)

I'm looking forward to this, 156 is dumb loud for a single sub.

I may or may not be at the limits of the sub yet -- if the four 3500s don't get any louder then the sub simply cannot be forced to move any farther, period *laughs*

If that is the case it will probably take a Neo driver of some kind to get me louder than I am now (that could inspire me to work on my Neo).

Do it! I want to see the difference between v1 and v2 :popcorn:

PS : Don't forget to test my ampy :) A vid will be awesome to watch too.

so what was the purpose of the 12volt batteries then? jsut for kicks to see what kind a numbers you could get on 12v's compared to 16-18volts?

so what was the purpose of the 12volt batteries then? jsut for kicks to see what kind a numbers you could get on 12v's compared to 16-18volts?

I had been running 12-volts for a while since I took the 16v out last time... basically seeing what I could do on 12v.

Now that I feel like I maxed that out I went back to 16v.

I had been running 12-volts for a while since I took the 16v out last time... basically seeing what I could do on 12v.

Now that I feel like I maxed that out I went back to 16v.

16v ftw ;p!

So what happened to this. Any testing on same power, just new vs old Nightshade?

I threw the 3500s in but 156.1 is the best score I can get -- sub cannot move any farther.

Thats amazing that a single 15 is hitting 156 and also taking +/-14000watts!!! Great Job Jacob!!!

Thats amazing that a single 15 is hitting 156 and also taking +/-14000watts!!! Great Job Jacob!!!

:+1: very impressive, Jacob! keep up the good work. Sundown FTW!

I threw the 3500s in but 156.1 is the best score I can get -- sub cannot move any farther.

what is the estimated power of the (4) 3500s you used based on 16V system @ 0.5DCR per amp?

I really have no idea how much I can get out of them on my electrical system. If I had unlimited electrical it would be over 20,000 watts -- but I only have six batteries.

Chances are I only saw 11-11.5kw so far on the one sub as I saw it wasn't getting any louder.

I was able to clamp the 156.1 power on the two 4500s and it was right over 10kw.

Summertime was the last I heard.