///M5

What is your favorite breakfast?

the best breakfast to me might be bisctuts and gravy with eggs benetict.

I love that.

FAK now I needs it!

O_O

mmm biscuits and gravy (with sausage in it of course). Eggs also obviously good and can be made a million different ways. I also love pancakes- blueberry, chocolate chip, or regular ol' buttermilk (can also use semi-exotic syrups, like right now my favorite is butter pecan. Also have some apple syrup). If you have any little ones around a little older than yours they might like chocolate chip pancakes with the chips in a smily face. Or mickey mouse pancakes (two extra little dobs of batter up top for ears). Hopefully kids these days still recognize Mickey Mouse's silhouette, ha.

I also like the fruit idea, as that is not only healthy and tasty but adds color to the mix, and a wide range of color makes things more exciting.

Bacon gravy > Sausage gravy if you ask me

oh and leftover shredded BBQ meat is amazingly good in an egg scramble, odd as it may sound

Not a big breakfast fan but could maybe do a side of bread pudding with vanilla sauce.

Eggs benedict with counch fritters.

My mother always makes this sweet breakfast roll. Basically it's a bunch of rolls that rise together in a bundt pan. She pours this carmelized cinnamon sugar over it and adds chopped pecans on top of that. They're called "sticky buns" and they are soooo good. If you google it, it'll show you kind of what they look like probably a recipe too.

Its pretty old school and my family makes it still on occasion. Dont really know it by any other name then "shit on a shingle". Im sure you have heard of it. Tastes awesome but it has to be very hot. As soon as the gravy begins to cool, it tastes a little different to me. Maybe I'll make tomorrow. Thanks for the idea.

I also like the fruit idea, as that is not only healthy and tasty but adds color to the mix, and a wide range of color makes things more exciting.

Fresh pineapple with almost any breakfast items.

oh and leftover shredded BBQ meat is amazingly good in an egg scramble, odd as it may sound

Yes, I have used ribeye for this, very good.

I have always enjoyed a breakfast wrap/burrito I guess you could say. Egg, cheese, salsa, ribeye shreds or pan fried J.D. sausage, all wrapped in a flour tortilla. Substitute salsa for any strawberry/ grape jelly or even yogurt.

Also, a German friend of mine who lives in the north loves a Hollandaise(sp) sauce breakfast. Toasted english muffin halves with sliced ham, a poached egg per english muffin half, topped with the Hollandaise sauce leaves a thick, filling treat on a plate. Not all Hollandaise sauces are created equal however, some packs say to add water when quality ones require milk, I guess you could always substitute a water requirement for milk. Find Hollandaise in your local grocery near the spices maybe. Its in a little pouch like an old school Kool-Aid powder.

I have a 100 year old recipe for Biscuits & Gravy, I modified it for use with Bob Evans Sausage, the gravy comes out so think you can eat it with a fork.

The Buffet at Golden Corral is awesome for bksft, when back home in MI, I have to gorge myself at Big Boy.

Deep fried french toast sounds good, here in Indy the state fair wore ppl out on deep fried food, I think next year they will just deep fry a stick of butter and re-package it as a Twinkie.

The Buffet at Golden Corral is awesome for bksft, when back home in MI, I have to gorge myself at Big Boy.

I believe it! Some friends and I went to GC for dinner a couple weeks ago, first time I had ever been there, and I was pretty impressed with their food. Soo much selection and everything that I had was good. It's like Disneyland for fat people!!

What did you decide on making Sean?

A pre-breakfast cappuccino, obviously, followed by:

A pancetta, spinach, & scallop benedict (homemade Hollandaise, poached egg on a English Muffin.)

I integrated Dylan's baked potato idea in my hasbrowns and made fresh potato pancakes with some loaded toppings integrated.

Matt's Christmas Chile idea I turned into Kiwi slices topped with Pomegranate seeds. Super festive and pretty looking :)

I made fresh Mimosa's with some Roederer and Clementines that I processed through the Vitamix for OJ.

Blueberry, blackberry, mango, & banana smoothies.

And for desert a Breve with some Panettone bread. Figured it rounded out the holiday meal.

Thanks for the ideas guys!

A pancetta, spinach, & scallop benedict (homemade Hollandaise, poached egg on a English Muffin.)

I integrated Dylan's baked potato idea in my hasbrowns and made fresh potato pancakes with some loaded toppings integrated.

Matt's Christmas Chile idea I turned into Kiwi slices topped with Pomegranate seeds. Super festive and pretty looking :)

I made fresh Mimosa's with some Roederer and Clementines that I processed through the Vitamix for OJ.

And for desert a Breve with some Panettone bread. Figured it rounded out the holiday meal.

Aww...those smoothies sound delicious

hell I had some microwaved instant oatmeal :lol2:

Aww...those smoothies sound delicious

I see you went with the smoothies, the rest of the breakfast just sounds delicious :droolcup:

New Poontang Pie!

New Poontang Pie!

Ah men to that! It's been a loonnngggg 2 weeks since I busted a nut :(

Biskets and Gravy and of course a Salted pork product....

Sean has never asked a question on SSA. All he has done is help every single one of us with our problems. People need to help him with HIS problem now!

Thanks. I wouldn't call it a problem though, but instead an opportunity. This thread is not only about Christmas but expanding my ideas for breakfast in general. Anything that you all really like I feel I should add to my repertoire or at least try it twice to see if I'll like it. I am good with all other meals, but pretty generic around breakfast / brunch time.

That just sounds extra smart for no reason :ehh:

I'm way late for christmas, but i personally like Eggs In a Nest :woot::)

Bacon gravy > Sausage gravy if you ask me

Bacon based gravy with sausage > either

:D

I don't know how I didn't think of this.... I love hollandaise sauce. I don't get eggs benedict when I go out often though as I am always too hungry for small plate. I do love it on my omlettes.

x2 I don't put it into a scramble but it's one of the best things you can have for breakfast with runny yolk

a couple Percocet, of course.....HA HA

I like the good old traditional 2 eggs o/m, bacon, home frys, sourdough toast, not very healthy but I only eat it a couple times a month.