Sign in to follow this  
haydenlake

A great box program, super easy to use

I just though I might make a post about this guy's website I found. He's an active member of a few different forums and it looks like he knows his stuff. So put down your beer and pencil and just start clicking.

If it looks like the program isn't functioning it is probably becuase you are asking for a F3 that is too low for the size of the box, etc.

It even tells you the dimensions to cut, how easy is this?

Later,

b

http://www.accelerator-pedal.com/l-ported-box.htm

That things great. I wonder how accurate it is. Also, how does the port width work? I tried one box for fun and it just assumed a port width of 2. hmmm...

That things great. I wonder how accurate it is. Also, how does the port width work? I tried one box for fun and it just assumed a port width of 2. hmmm...

Yeah, I was hoping there was an option to manipulate the vent area. I sent the guy an email but he hasn't responded yet (I'll let you know later if there is an option). The best way I've figured out to increase port area with this program is to increase the height of the box. Sometime this might not be practical but who knows.

later,

b

Yeah, I was hoping there was an option to manipulate the vent area. I sent the guy an email but he hasn't responded yet (I'll let you know later if there is an option). The best way I've figured out to increase port area with this program is to increase the height of the box. Sometime this might not be practical but who knows.

later,

b

when i enter calcs it shows coloured pannels gives measurements but i dont see how the port is venting,looks like its sealed at one end?

ok i got it,i guess tuneing to 18 hz in a 2 cubit foot box gives me a port of 198 inches which is why it was waaaayyyyyyyy off the page!

someone check that calculators accuracy for me please,if its accurate i dont think i will be able to resist building a few boxes!

ok i got it,i guess tuneing to 18 hz in a 2 cubit foot box gives me a port of 198 inches which is why it was waaaayyyyyyyy off the page!

someone check that calculators accuracy for me please,if its accurate i dont think i will be able to resist building a few boxes!

Hey eric I just ran the math for a 2 cuft box tuuned to 34hz (diver disp .18) external width 30" External height 13.5. And my math came out very close (at 2.186) (note I rounded a tiny bit and this is perfect since the driver displaces .18) so I'd say its legit, another guy on a forum said he just followed exactly what it said and he really liked it.

-oh one more thing, keep in mind if you are going to use bracing you should def include this in the driver displacement collum

I sent the guy an email but he hasn't responded yet (I'll let you know later if there is an option).
Have I responded yet? My email is all kinds of whacky with my spam filter more sensetive than a $20 car alarm.

To everyone: the original algo looked for either 10 square inches of port per cubic foot or a 9:1 ratio between height and width, whichever is greater. I designed it for newbies with low-powered woofers to make the smallest possible enclosure that fits the user's desire while minimizing port noise. Least common denominator, dumbed down, etc.

Version 2 is available, fixing the "2 cubic foot tuned to 18hz makes a whacko port" issue and allows for 50% more port area through a "High SPL" option.

I also have a thread at my forum for version 3 suggestions. Since four people in total (literally, including myself) post to my forum, I have a clone thread in Sounddomain's subwoofer solutions forum**.

The two most requested suggestions are a double baffle option and for the user to input desired vent area.

Since my original target users are newbies, I also have plans for a mini-calculator for driver basket/magnet displacement.

** I don't want to poach forum users, so feel free to leave feedback here, too. I check my server's referral logs weekly.

I sent the guy an email but he hasn't responded yet (I'll let you know later if there is an option).
Have I responded yet? My email is all kinds of whacky with my spam filter more sensetive than a $20 car alarm.

To everyone: the original algo looked for either 10 square inches of port per cubic foot or a 9:1 ratio between height and width, whichever is greater. I designed it for newbies with low-powered woofers to make the smallest possible enclosure that fits the user's desire while minimizing port noise. Least common denominator, dumbed down, etc.

Version 2 is available, fixing the "2 cubic foot tuned to 18hz makes a whacko port" issue and allows for 50% more port area through a "High SPL" option.

I also have a thread at my forum for version 3 suggestions. Since four people in total (literally, including myself) post to my forum, I have a clone thread in Sounddomain's subwoofer solutions forum**.

The two most requested suggestions are a double baffle option and for the user to input desired vent area.

Since my original target users are newbies, I also have plans for a mini-calculator for driver basket/magnet displacement.

** I don't want to poach forum users, so feel free to leave feedback here, too. I check my server's referral logs weekly.

Welcome to SSA!!

Hi Ya Beerman, thanks for your contribution

yeah man thanx that is quite useful for us who cant afford other stuff