frosty42069

DODGE CALIBER

Does anybody got a build log on a caliber...if so post it...might post a picture of my setup but all i got is some piece of shit 12" kicker cvrs in a 4.4 cubic feet box...only upgrade so far still even have the stock piece of shit radio plan to upgrade to a touch screen double-din....and plan to upgrade to an 18" fi bl or btl...

l_d58f7a7c99c94179a8f84e4bb66e3686.jpg

l_a51264a9d83148b1a98fca1e54fe0a79.jpg

this is all i got so far generic car audio at its finest...the ma is blown just fillin space right now...first box build still gotta put in some inputs explains the wires through the port lol...got the other kicker on the way it'll be installed when i return to louisiana...however its an 07 and thats an 05 so i'm still not gonna be matching lmao

Edited by Brandon Frost

l_d58f7a7c99c94179a8f84e4bb66e3686.jpg

l_a51264a9d83148b1a98fca1e54fe0a79.jpg

this is all i got so far generic car audio at its finest...the ma is blown just fillin space right now...first box build still gotta put in some inputs explains the wires through the port lol

Why two different subs?

i was given two subs...one ma and one arc audio...the arc audio blew i put the kicker in there....then the ma blew...i'm gonna have another cvr in there just different years...eventually i'll have them both the same years

Why are your subs blowing, have you figured that out instead of shelling out more and more money on subs to have them do the same thing.

the arc audio was just a piece of shit to begin with...and the ma was old and had been through hell plus i think i wired it wrong...i have had that kicker in there for a few months wire at 8 ohms bridged and have the amp turned most of the way up and its been fine...

the arc audio was just a piece of shit to begin with...and the ma was old and had been through hell plus i think i wired it wrong...i have had that kicker in there for a few months wire at 8 ohms bridged and have the amp turned most of the way up and its been fine...

I would turn down the gain settings on that amp or you will have another blown sub....thats my .02

well the amp only produces 600 rms at 4 ohms bridged so it shouldn't produce enough at 8 ohms to blow that kicker should it? it's supposed to handle 400 rms and i have it turned down a little bit to be sure not clip the sub...i think i need a capacitor bc at times my amp doesnt seem to be producing enough power

Edited by Brandon Frost

well the amp only produces 600 rms at 4 ohms bridged so it shouldn't produce enough at 8 ohms to blow that kicker should it? it's supposed to handle 400 rms and i have it turned down a little bit to be sure not clip the sub...i think i need a capacitor bc at times my amp doesnt seem to be producing enough power

If the gain setting is maxed out then the amplifer could be clipping

Well considering how high you got the gain you could be sending clipped signals to it, do you have the bass boost on?

Your gain control is all the way up and your bass boost is up 3/4, that is a bad deal and will cause problems such as subs messing up and eventually your amp if your pushing it passed its limits.

i'll tune in for a caliber build. got a magnum my self (got it for the whole reason of audio).

Does having 2 different subs sound like crap?

Edited by SynCity

i cant really tell the difference but its probably terrible for the subs bc if one is hitting harder than the other its gonna be pulling or pushing the other one sometimes and i don't imagine thats good if its against the way the speaker is supposed to be going in accordance with the voice coil...but that ma isn't working right now

Why do your sub is wired for a 8-ohm load?

It would be better to have it at 2 ohms and to turn down the gain on that amplifier.

Turn the bastboost OFF please!

It doesn't matter what ohm your speakers wired at, if you got everything maxed your still clipping the sub. like Notorious said wire it to 2 ohms and turn the gain down. Also you should use little to no bass boost. Oh, stay away from caps too get a small Kinetik 600 or something similar you will get way better results from an extra battery than you ever will from a cap.

recently got a new rockford fosgate p1000-1bd and i have it wired to 1 ohm no bass boost gain a little over half.