frosty42069

DODGE CALIBER

the box is terrible but i love the amp and the speakers are good value. however, not good quality. I think i should find something better but i definately have to rebuild that box if not

good to see the install getting cleaned up. good work!

Nice looking box and amplifier, you should be beating now :drink40: (yeah the CVR's are great but the CVX's are better). Any videos of it in action? Why dont you like the box?

i messed up when i built the port and made a few miscalculations and my port boards aren't behind my baffle board and i didnt seal it properly and i think the tuning is messed up because some songs you can barely tell are hitting

Edited by Brandon Frost

does anyone have experience with polk audio 6x9s? I'm going to upgrade the door speakers soon and want to know what coaxial would be best.. i know a component system would be preferable but idk if i want to go through the trouble.

personally i would hunt down a set of pg rsd 6 or 6.5 in components and make a baffle for them.. very easy to install and if you dont want to dick around with mounting the tweeter somewhere just put it next to the mid on the baffle. imo theres not reason to by coax's if u can get a decent pair of components for about the same price.

i owned a pair of db 6x9s and the pg's imo sounded better, had better midbass, and benefit of being a component set really improved the stage.

so even though the speakers are both by your feet they still sound better than a coaxial speaker

well it would depend what we are comparing here, basically the advantages of a component set are: better crossovers and independent mounting location of tweeter. if your willing to install a new set of speakers in your doors but too lazy to not mount the tweeters in different places to get a better stage then why bother going thru the trouble of replacing the speakers at all.. but if you want to make a better investment in your car stereo get a component set like i mentioned. maybe you will find that the tweeters sounds good next to the mid, you still have the advantage of a better xover.

the only advantage there is to buy coaxs, imo, is that you can find them cheap as an upgrade from stock.... period

if you worried about cutting your car up to mount the tweeters try this out.... go to walmart and get some velcro with the adhesive backing and stick the tweeter in the surface mount cups (using the velco patches on the back to stick the tweeter where u want them). put the tweeters close to the edge of trim panels so u can hid the wires without cutting a hole for them. (try different locations)

well my car has a stock mounting location in the dash up by the window for tweeters but they were not offered in my model. I would like to place them there but i don't know how to get them the wires there. I was considering having a car audio shop do it but i kinda like doing my own work because its a learning experience but i don't wanna tear stuff up. since i know the people at the shop i may see if i can help with the install so i can know how to do it later.