Moneyload1

1 12" RL-p sealed 1.5 cuft or 2 12's in .70 cuft

Im building a box to fit in the middle seat of a dodge ram so this is what I could do 1 12" RL-p sealed in a 1.5 cuft box or 2 12's in .70 cuft stuffed with pollyfill. If I used 2 12's they would both get 750 watts. These box sizes are after sub displacement. What would you guys do.

Id do the sealed

I think both o his options were sealed. Could be wrong though. :nightrider:

Yeah the difference is polyfill. I think .7 is too small but I would talk with Mike and maybe consider some 8's, you should be able to get 3 of those bad boys in there. What ever you do pick the optimum box and let that determine the woofer.

I never thought about 8's I was hoping for the 2 twelves but I had 2 JL 10W3s in a truck box that was to small for them and the output sucked compared to one in a optimal box. If I could push the box to give 1 cuft to each sub would you do the 12's? Im kinda looking to get close to the output of the Brahma 15 that I had in the truck. A trio of 8's could be fun to......

I never thought about 8's I was hoping for the 2 twelves but I had 2 JL 10W3s in a truck box that was to small for them and the output sucked compared to one in a optimal box. If I could push the box to give 1 cuft to each sub would you do the 12's? Im kinda looking to get close to the output of the Brahma 15 that I had in the truck. A trio of 8's could be fun to......

if u could get the volume up to 1ft^3 per 12, it would work nicely. might lose some lowend, but overall output would still be nice. if u did the 1ft^3, i'd add the polyfill, help get some of the low end back.

if u do the 8's, all u'd need is about .25-.35ft^3 per driver for sealed. so u could possibly get 4 in there. that would give ya enough cone area to help make up for a little less xmax and keep the output close to the brahma. (in theory) but u won't be lacking anything that's for sure. these suckers are mini monsters!

oh, and 4 8's would only be slightly more then 2 12's!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

It's better to have one sub in proper airspace, then to try to squeeze two subs into too small of a space. Between 1 12 in 1.5cuft and 2 12's in .7cuft each, I'd go for the single 12.

However, 8's would be awesome. Really awesome.

I'd agree. I had one of the rl-p's in a .9ft gross box and it sounded great but output was lacking. I got another box which is about 1.3 and its a lot better. I'm gonna put 2 rl-p 12's behind the seat of my Ram off 1500-2000w.

Yep, probably wouldn't want to go with the 0.7 cu ft box on the dual setup. Find a way to get at least 1 cu ft + polyfill or preferably 1.25-1.4 cu ft per rl-p12. The 8's are an idea too, but it will be at least 30 days (possibly 60) before they are finished retooling and back in production. :ugh2:

I am running 1 RL-i 10 in ~.8 cubic feet after displacements. I have this box polyfilled to "give the sub a little more space" and it gets really low and has much more output then I anticipated. It sounds superb and I will definately keep buying Mike's products. 400 watts really makes the RL-i sing.

Maybe I will build the bigger box. I will just have to lose my arm rest, oh well I can make a custom one. I could build a plexiglass window on top so when you look down you would see the subs..... So many thoughts

Maybe I will build the bigger box. I will just have to lose my arm rest, oh well I can make a custom one. I could build a plexiglass window on top so when you look down you would see the subs..... So many thoughts

that right there would be just too sweet! i vote for this idea!!

that right there would be just too sweet! i vote for this idea!!

hey i've got a Ram, too and i'm gonna need something built for 2 rl-p 12"s. where are you located moneyload?

I did one 12" RL-p in 1.7 ft^3 tuned to 32hz in my Dodge Ram and replaced the center console. I was going to build a sealed box for 2 but it sounds like I won't have enough air space.