Sign in to follow this  
Dutchie.

Electrical to back the 15's

I am getting 15's very soon. Two aq hdc3's off of a 2200d.

My electrical now is a 200amp alt, 1/0 big three, and yellow top under the hood.

All this is on a diesel engine, that of course runs at lower rpms than a traditional gas engine.

I have the smallest pulley I can put on the alternator already installed, and am scared the voltage may

not be enough to back this system.

Would another battery be needed? If so which one, and for the best price? By the way, this is a daily setup.

If i remember right, every ~1,000 watts an additional 70 amps is pulled.

that should help!

^^ That's the most intelligent thing I've ever heard Maxxsonics say lol

I know right? They have a ton of good informational videos. I've learned a lot from them surprisingly. They water it down to a normal persons thought process without leaving out key information.

So I'll need a battery with at least 100ah, which the yellow top SHOULD cover. I want to be completely sure about this though.

EDIT: Great video by the way. Thank you.

Edited by Dutchie.

No problem!

I thought the Yellow tops were only rated at ~55AH? unless it's a larger sized battery. But for the most part i've only seen the yellow tops around here that are 55AH, look into some Deka Intimidator 9A31 (100 ah)for $187.81 or the XS Power batteries (D2700) 103AH for $299.00. Shizzzon explained to me that the Deka's have a lower float value than the Xs batteries.

Edited by Julian

No problem!

I thought the Yellow tops were only rated at ~55AH? unless it's a larger sized battery. But for the most part i've only seen the yellow tops around here that are 55AH, look into some Deka Intemidators or the XS Power batteries.

I was looking at the XS batteries because of what shizzon was saying, but I couldn't find prices on any of the batteries.

More AH never hurt anyone lol. I'm going to have ~3 Deka's for my Saz-3000d :)

More AH never hurt anyone lol. I'm going to have ~3 Deka's for my Saz-3000d :)

Haha and the pocket to pay for it. I need my money. I'll just get what's needed. No more, and certainly no less.

Edited by Dutchie.

Touche, i'd rather be safe than see my amplifier overheat and smoke due to low voltage.