gadgeteer123

Best Loud SQ Sub

I have a Original Kove Armageddon sub woofer 1050rms 22mm xmax 89db sensitivity. I have heard a car that can hit 144db and i knew right away mine was as loud, so I know my sub is roughly 140db. I want The best SQ sub that can achieve this within the 1000-1600rms range, and I would like it to be the best SQ possible for under $400. It would be nice to have a flat response down to 30hz and I would like it to some extent be able to hit down to 18hz. My enclosure size is limited to a maximum of 4.0 cubic feet. Thanks

People do say that the SSA Xcon is designed exactly for this, but I do not have any personal experience with it.

thanks for the reply I will look it up. Any more responses to back him up or to suggest something else???

I looked up the ssa xcon and I love what I see but there is very limited info out there to verify if its what i really want.

Tell us more about what you really want.

Provide some realistic goals.

i want a sub woofer that is at least as loud as my old sub woofer which is a Kove Armageddon that i estimate hits 145db's, and I would like it to be of great SQ, I want accurate bass for all types of music whether its techno or rock, and i want it to be able to hit really deep, i'm not asking for incredible loudness at these deep frequency's i just want to be able to easily hear them, because my kove whenever it trys to hit anything below 25hz i can't even hear it unless i really focus on it. so i just want a deep bass response down to atleas 20hz but i want it to have good SQ and have a flat response curve for anything above 28hz.

Baised on your goals and listening preferences I recommend the SSA XCON in a low tuned enclosure a well.

so if i get the ssa xcon 15" should I put it in its biggest recommended enclosure size with it tuned to 28hz or what do you suggest?

so are you just trying to sell me a product or is this sub woofer as great as it seems? I can barely find any reviews and the only big review i could find had a lot of mixed responses on it.

so if i get the ssa xcon 15" should I put it in its biggest recommended enclosure size with it tuned to 28hz or what do you suggest?

They perform optimally in 4.00 Ft.3 tuned between 26 and 33 Hz.

so are you just trying to sell me a product or is this sub woofer as great as it seems? I can barely find any reviews and the only big review i could find had a lot of mixed responses on it.

I'm not associated with Sound Solutions Audio, no. You can't find many reviews because it's a newer subwoofer. There are several XCON owners on this forum you could talk too, would you like to contact them?

well I want a good comparison. before I discovered this sub woofer i had it rounded down to the Fi Q15 but now i want to know how much better this sub is, because I have heard the Fi Q15 and the ssa icon are about the same. so I just want to be sure, and how would I contact them??

well I want a good comparison. before I discovered this sub woofer i had it rounded down to the Fi Q15 but now i want to know how much better this sub is, because I have heard the Fi Q15 and the ssa icon are about the same. so I just want to be sure, and how would I contact them??

Check out the IA Flatlyne. However, if you want to hit atleast 145's you're not really going to find a SQ sub to do that. You might want to look into the Sundown Audio Z15 V1 that's on clearance or a Fi Bl...those are subs that will get loud and still sound good doing it.

Edited by mattd0344

so should I tune it to 28hz for good deep bass response and SQ or 26hz?

You can private message SSAudio, his name Is Mark LaFountain and he runs the company.

Here are some builds/reviews:

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/index.php/customer-rides/ssaudios-builds/gabs-bagged-300.html

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/index.php/customer-rides/alans-mazda-xcons.html

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/index.php/customer-rides/casflans-dodge-ram-xcon.html

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/index.php/customer-rides/acex3as-builds/acex3as-2-xcon-18s.html

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/index.php/customer-rides/ssaudios-builds.html

All of those people are members on here you could contact for further information.

Fi also makes an excellent product, and your right grouping the Q and ICON together, the only difference when it comes to the XCON is the power handling, at 1750 watts rated it takes quite a lot more power compared to the 1000 watt rated Q and ICON.

If i have to sacrifice some volume for true SQ that is ok, i'm just looking for the loudest SQ sub that still is a true SQ sub. I would think at 1700rms the ssa xcon would be able to keep up with my 1050rms kove Armageddon from 1999.

well I don't mind how much power it takes. I plan on upgrading my alternator anyways.

Wow I think the youtube videos themselves have me sold, thats a lot of car flex, especially with the windows down, my car only flex's with the windows closed. I think i'm gonna get one, but I still would love any more responses if you have any.

Wow I think the youtube videos themselves have me sold, thats a lot of car flex, especially with the windows down, my car only flex's with the windows closed. I think i'm gonna get one, but I still would love any more responses if you have any.

Well the low tuning I recommended will give you all that flex, I don't have much more to add. It being a new woofer there aren't tons of reviews about them, but everyone that does own one is very pleased.

Has anyone done a response curve on it yet?? i would love to see one.

I was playing with WinISD and I have come up with that a 4 cubic foot box with a tuning of 28hz would be best for me, thank for your help i will post the response curve i got in another post so other can see and hopefully it helps them.

I spy Robclay :peepwall: He's an XCON owner BTW.

how many other systems have you listened to that hit in the 140s? I really doubt you were hitting 145db.

I listened to one guy who had two 10 inch kickers and he said he hit 144db's with it, and thats what i compared it to. either, way i think the ssa xcon will do the job.