gadgeteer123

Best Loud SQ Sub

Man, i run an Icon 15 and I love it in a 3.5 cu ft ported box.

It sound clear, accurate, and is loud, really loud. It is the first time I feel that I can listen to jazz in my car, not only rap.

The Xcon is in the same spot, but is really LOUDER !

I have one on his way : I'm waiting on UPS!!!

The Xcon seems to define exactly what you need : punchiness and accuracy !!!

You can play it in sealed or ported boxes (don't need to tune so low : 32hz should be good).

Go to the ssa section on this forum, you'll find some reviews.

Good luck!

If i have to sacrifice some volume for true SQ that is ok, i'm just looking for the loudest SQ sub that still is a true SQ sub. I would think at 1700rms the ssa xcon would be able to keep up with my 1050rms kove Armageddon from 1999.

Then you are going to sacrifice A LOT of output. There is nothing that will do what you want. Plenty of great sounding subs that get loud, but a true SQ beast nope.

You are misapplying the term SQ though, so don't worry about the Xcon will do more than you need in that regard.

well I want a good comparison. before I discovered this sub woofer i had it rounded down to the Fi Q15 but now i want to know how much better this sub is, because I have heard the Fi Q15 and the ssa icon are about the same. so I just want to be sure, and how would I contact them??

I've owned both. Unfortunately I didn't have a direct comparison. (12" Q in 2.3 ported at 32Hz and 10" Icon in XXX at 25hz)

The Q was in my car, the Icon for my buddies 90% music HT...So I can't give an unbiased answer, but if I had to pick between I think I would go with the Icon.

If your looking for the best of both worlds the X-Cons perform amazingly. I really can say enough about them and when in the right enclosure they really pound. Im working with 3.3 cuft after displacement for each of my 15s and tuning at 30hz. Im able to get a 14 at the headrest and a 150 on the windshield. Mind you these are more sq oriented drivers so that to me is amazing not to mention it peaks at 43. Also im not putting full power to them at all so im sure with a true 3500w they would really be nasty.

DosOne wrote this a couple of years ago:

Alright so I have had my system in for a couple of months now and I have finally had some time to really get to know it. Now that the hype of having a new system is over I am starting to listen to my normal music and not just rap, so thats stuff like 311, Eve 6, and Modest Mouse. And i have to say is that, it sounds amazing for being a 15. It keeps up with the fastest drum kicks and its clean and crisp. I could not be happier with the SQ of this sub. Before i had 2 10's and those were amazing for rock but this is just as good if not better, I got the benefit of being much louder and having lower notes but did not give up any accuracy!

Now for the SPL side of the Q. This baby is loud!!! I was totally blown away by how loud this driver will get. I went in with the idea of just having a really good SQ setup which i did, AND i got a spl score worth cometiting with! I couldnt believe it when i hit a 145.4 on my first run ever playing Lil Jon. Now I am just curious of what I can really hit after tweaking and playing tones. The only thing that could be better to me that what I have now is 2 Q 15's

Heres what Im Running

98' S-10 Ex. Cab

HU:Panasonic CQ-C7403U

Sub: Fi Q 15' d2

Amp: Hifonics BXI 1606d

Box: 4cubes @ 30 htz (by Scott)

Batt: Deka Intimidator

Dbs: 145.4 in the headrest (Throw it up)

Now some pics

install4.jpg

This is how it looks now

STA70948.jpg

If your looking for the best of both worlds the X-Cons perform amazingly. I really can say enough about them and when in the right enclosure they really pound. Im working with 3.3 cuft after displacement for each of my 15s and tuning at 30hz. Im able to get a 14 at the headrest and a 150 on the windshield. Mind you these are more sq oriented drivers so that to me is amazing not to mention it peaks at 43. Also im not putting full power to them at all so im sure with a true 3500w they would really be nasty.

Are your numbers 14 and 43 a typo or what are you talking about?

43 hz is where his box peaks at.

The 14 is either supposed to mean 140 or 14* :shrug:

43 hz is where his box peaks at.

i think i'll be satisfied with this subwoofer, either way I think it will be better than what I have and that what i'm aiming for.

Edited by Small Town Audiophile

hey guys its a 148 at the headrest haha.

Well I found the specs to my kove and i put them into WinISD and it seems to be decently flat on the response curve but anything below 40hz is just a big drop. so i know i'll be happy with this xcon

well I want a good comparison. before I discovered this sub woofer i had it rounded down to the Fi Q15 but now i want to know how much better this sub is, because I have heard the Fi Q15 and the ssa icon are about the same. so I just want to be sure, and how would I contact them??

You can private message SSAudio, his name Is Mark LaFountain and he runs the company.

Here are some builds/reviews:

Gabrials Bagged Chrysler 300

Alan's 2003 Mazda Tribute

Casflan's 2000 Dodge Ram

AceX3A's 2 18" XCONs

Mark LaFountain's 2007 Hyundia Santa Fe Limited AWD

There are two of us behind SSA. ;)

Just to add my .02. I have a DCON 10" that I tested in my sig vehicle and it was impressive. An XCON should just be plain loud and still sound good!

You can private message SSAudio, his name Is Mark LaFountain and he runs the company.

Casflan's 2000 Dodge Ram

AceX3A's 2 18" XCONs

There are two of us behind SSA. wink.gif

That's right Aaron and Mark ..... trink40.gif

or u can look at the AA Havoc ....(its like an upgraded Fi Q) :drink40:

Edited by Tyan

Casflan's 2000 Dodge Ram

AceX3A's 2 18" XCONs

There are two of us behind SSA. ;)

Right, we can't forget Aaron :P

I ordered a SSA xcon 15" dual 2ohm :woot: so once they build it I will see how it performs, and I will let you guys know what I think of it. I do have pretty high standards so if I end up thinking its awesome, everyone will, lol.

Congrats that you pulled the trigger on the Xcon.

I have the 12 inch icon and I was this close to getting the xcon. but holy shit the icon does above and beyond what I thought it was going to do. I can't believe the difference. It sounds sooooo good too. I can't wait for the beak in period to be over. I need to still do some tuning and adjustments to get everything on point. But yea I couldn't imagine a 15inch xcon. It would be too crazy for me!

Ya, well I was used to a fully powered, and perfectly fine tuned Kove Armageddon. when cranked, you could feel your hair move in the front seat and it would blow out a lighter in the front seat with the windows closed, and all the street signs appeared to be shaking.

I have the 12 inch icon and I was this close to getting the xcon. but holy shit the icon does above and beyond what I thought it was going to do. I can't believe the difference. It sounds sooooo good too. I can't wait for the beak in period to be over. I need to still do some tuning and adjustments to get everything on point. But yea I couldn't imagine a 15inch xcon. It would be too crazy for me!

:woot: :woot: :woot: