Aaron Clinton

Home Audio Forum's Launch Membership Contest

~~ Home Audio Forum Membership Contest ~~

Hello all. To celebrate the official launch of Home Audio Forum , we are hosting a membership contest. The idea of the contest is to get the word out about an all new home audio / home theater forum for every do-it-yourself'er out there, a site for beginners to the elite. Everyone is welcome as long as the attitude is checked at the front door. A site to learn and share about past, present, and future goings on in the home audio industry and every ones home audio projects. We have spared no expense in building and preparing this forum in terms of design, lay out and optimization, this is because we know it is going to be the home audio place to be. And unlike most other contests or give aways on other forums, the winners will actually receive their prizes.

Contest Steps:

Step 1>

In the upper right hand corner of the forum page, you will see a link that says "Invite Friends" as seen in this image:

gallery_2_4_248194.png

Step 2>

When you click the 'Invite Friends" link, all you have to do is put in their name and email address as seen here:

gallery_2_4_75285.png

Step 3>

Repeat as many times as you like.

Step 4>

At end of contest, tabulate converted invites with 10 or more posts.

Contest goals / info:

To have the most Converted invites with 10 or more posts per invitee by end of the contest, on Jan 31st.

Contest Rules:

• To invite people you know are interested in or enjoy home audio that will become a member of the forum.
  • Converted invites that are just spam posts, do not count!
  • Converted invites that are just multiple accounts of the same user, does not count!

Contest Prizes:

Gift Certificates to either Parts-Express.com or Madisound or Sound Solutions Audio Store.

1st place: $125 gift certificate to your choice of the above stores.

2nd place: $100 gift certificate to your choice of the above stores.

3rd place: $75 gift certificate to your choice of the above stores.

Contest Eligibility:

Any Home Audio Forum registered member

Any Home Audio Forum moderator

Contest Result info:

To clarify, a converted invite, is an invited member that has registered. After the contest is over, everyone who is participating will check to see how many converted invites with 10 or more posts (as specified above), have been completed. So it is quite simple, the top 3 people at the end of the contest win.

Welcome to the new home of home audio on line.

siteoverview.jpg

Is this part of SSA?

Is this part of SSA?

Nope, this is totally seperate. Run by us, just a different topic based forum. You will see SSA ads on it though.

Is this part of SSA?

Nope, this is totally seperate. Run by us, just a different topic based forum. You will see SSA ads on it though.

I will get the word out, as I have friends who are in to home audio.

I will get the word out, as I have friends who are in to home audio.

:drink40:

what will make this forum stand out to where members from other home audio forums would want to join?

what will make this forum stand out to where members from other home audio forums would want to join?

better layout, more active admin's, and a calmer less "snooty" forum environment then others.

Many of the same reasons this place has been a success. ;)

:woot:

Does there have to be a certain post amount before you can add friends. I don't have an invite friends link. Also my comp freezes up everytime i go into HOTS i don't know if that's the site or just my comp but just letting you know

Does there have to be a certain post amount before you can add friends. I don't have an invite friends link. Also my comp freezes up everytime i go into HOTS i don't know if that's the site or just my comp but just letting you know

We are having no issues on our end with the HOTS. When you mean add friends, do you mean the little "+" sign below the users avatar or invite friends?

We are having no issues on our end with the HOTS. When you mean add friends, do you mean the little "+" sign below the users avatar or invite friends?

I'm refering to where it shows your user name, and yes the "invite friends" button. I have the "manage friends" and "manage ignored users" but nothing after that. On the pic u have at the top of the thread it shows you have that "invite friends" for the contest so that's why i was wondering if you had to have a certain post count to do that or something.

I'm refering to where it shows your user name, and yes the "invite friends" button. I have the "manage friends" and "manage ignored users" but nothing after that. On the pic u have at the top of the thread it shows you have that "invite friends" for the contest so that's why i was wondering if you had to have a certain post count to do that or something.

Let me look into that.

Let me look into that.

I just made a test account with 0 posts and the invite friends link is there. Maybe try clearing cookies and signing out and then back in.

I don't have a sign out button either. Will it sign it out automatically after awhile?

I don't have a sign out button either. Will it sign it out automatically after awhile?

Can you possibly take a screen shot?