I know to add up all my amps fuses and the total is my in-line fuse size. My question is about fusing at the db block. I've read in a previous thread on here to fuse under never over( i.e. 180A = 150A). I have an amp (US Amps USA-150) that requires fusing at 75A. It has 2 inputs for positive and 2 inputs for the ground wires. Can I use a 40A + 30A = 70A fuse in my db block or will it affect anything being different sizes and under the fuse rating? Thanks and have a Happy New Year!

I know to add up all my amps fuses and the total is my in-line fuse size. My question is about fusing at the db block. I've read in a previous thread on here to fuse under never over( i.e. 180A = 150A). I have an amp (US Amps USA-150) that requires fusing at 75A. It has 2 inputs for positive and 2 inputs for the ground wires. Can I use a 40A + 30A = 70A fuse in my db block or will it affect anything being different sizes and under the fuse rating? Thanks and have a Happy New Year!

Thats a good question. I would think it would be either 35 and 35 or 70 each. Im really not to sure though.

When I lived in Alaska, the car audio shop that did one of my installs had the inline fuse at 80A and the db block had 2 x 40A = 80A. After reading the posts on this forum, I'm not sure if that was a good idea... :ehh:

The fuses are to protect the wire, not the amp. So as long as the fuse under the hood is at or less than the current carrying capacity of the wire, it's fine.

As for the D block, the electricity will roughly go down each wire to the amp equally regardless of the fuse rating. However, with the 30 amp rating under half of the amplifier rating, it's very possible that that fuse will blow. Then all the current will be going down the wire with the 40 amp fuse, and that will blow also. But it won't harm your amplifier.

I would just do 30 and 30. Your amp will most likely never see full capacity anyways. And if it does blow, you could just go to 40 and 40. Just my $.02.