lilredfocus

dynomat xtreme or second skin

is this stuff worth the money...really? ican get the door kits, 20sq, for $44 out the door and this stuff is 90 or the the same amount

IMO second skin is better than dynamat. and is worth the money

but i don;t really understand this part.. "ican get the door kits, 20sq, for $44 out the door and this stuff is 90 or the the same amount"

what do u mean?

but i don;t really understand this part.. "ican get the door kits, 20sq, for $44 out the door and this stuff is 90 or the the same amount"

what do u mean?

Pricing

1 Sheet - 1.67 sq. feet x $10.01

Door Pack - 13 sq feet x $59.87

Trunk Pack - 20 sq feet x $89.87

Bulk Pack - 36.50 sq feet x $159.87

Shop Pack - 80 sq feet x $289.87

2 Shop Packs - 160 sq feet x $549.87

seond skin pricing i can buy dynomat xtr 20sq ft for 44 out the door tax included

what do u mean?

Pricing

seond skin pricing i can buy dynomat xtr 20sq ft for 44 out the door tax included

Yeah SecondSkin is better but if your worried about price like it seems you are then go for the cheaper product.

what do u mean?

Pricing

Yeah SecondSkin is better but if your worried about price like it seems you are then go for the cheaper product.

i NOT worried about the price but why pay double if its not worth double the price. if i was worried about price i would have double the system u have...even though i probably paid half u did. (i have hook ups everywhere) =)

Yeah I doubt it, plus you dont know what I paid for what I have or where I got it from. Second Skin is heavier, thicker and overall better than Dynamat.

Yeah I doubt it, plus you dont know what I paid for what I have or where I got it from. Second Skin is heavier, thicker and overall better than Dynamat.

thats the answer i was lookin for...not a cocky answer about what i can afford

thats the answer i was lookin for...not a cocky answer about what i can afford

I dont know what you were reading but it definitely wasnt a cocky answer about what you can afford. It is funny how people take your words and put a meaning or their interpretation on what or how you said it. If you would of did your research on the two product then you could of answered your own question before posting it on here. Considering I thought you did (but I was wrong), it seemed like you were worried about price not like you couldnt afford Second Skin at all (but if that is how you took it then that is on you).

dynamat extreme and the regular damplifier are somewhat comparable. i think the foil on the second skin is thicker but overall they are similar. Damplifier Pro is obviously thicker then damplifier and dynamat extreme so it is a much better product BUT if you are looking at price you would want to compare the dynamat extreme with damlifier

1 Sheet - 2 sq. feet x $7.51

10 sq. feet x $29.98

20 sq. feet x $55.98

40 sq. feet x $98.98

80 sq. feet x $193.98

160 sq. feet x $359.98

i've worked with both in the freezing ass winter.

second skin needed no heat gun. it stayed as tacky as it was when i had it in the house. it's also much easier to work with. it forms easier around things and it more flexbile in my opinion. the dynamat is stiff and looses its tackiness when cold. and cuts the fuck out of your fingers. unlike second skin.

and after applying dynamat to the whole top half of my trunk lid. it still rattles like a muthaf'er. along with the other places i put it.

so if price isn't a problem. get the second skin.

hope that can make your decision a little easier.

Where did you find dynamat xtreme for that cheap? For that price I'd get the dynamat. I have some dynamat in my car right now and it does great. I also am receiving 20sq ft of Damplifier Pro on Monday so I can see how they really compare.

Of the two mentioned, I would prefer the higher quality SS.

Neither. SDS is where I'd shop. Link in my signature. Best bang for the buck and best advice as well.

Second Skin. Don't listen to M5 he's admittedly biased.

Sort of like the pot calling the kettle black.

If you want me to go there I will. I am biased. Ant is doing everything in his political power to make sure he is the only supplier on the internet. This includes giving people bad advice, selling product for applications it isn't suited for, buying web forums and hiding behind them as sources to promote his product, as well as being generally not interested at all in the state of this forum even though this section is "his".

Don from SDS on the other hand has always helped (even though he has no forum here), will not recommend product that isn't suited for the job, markets appropriate solutions and is generally a great guy. Add to the fact that he basically taught Ant a good portion of what he knows which Ant has proven he can't digest completely and yes you can say that I am biased.

I am also biased for another reason. I happen to work in the industry that does material testing for the manufacturers for all deadener products for OEM installations, which sort of gives you a fundamental understanding and background relating to deadener and acoustic based products. Having a degree in Physics with a concentration in Acoustics doesn't hurt either.

KickinAudio's bias is different. His is based on friendship. Go ahead and choose, take the reference from someone's friend or based on a bias that has developed due to the behavior of the person/company being discussed. I know which one is more valuable to me.

Damn Sean it's smackdown time!:popcorn:

:ohsnap:

Lots of good info in this thread. Some horse shit as well.

When comparing the products Second Skin is very hard to beat.

Damplifier compares very well with Dynamat Extreme

Both have a 4 mil foil

Both weigh .45 lbs per sq foot

Both are around 1.5 mm (though DE is slightly thicker our adhesive has a higher rubber content so it weighs a bit more)

These are both very solid performers

Damplifier Pro is an absolute beast.

6.5 Mil foil

2 mm total adhesive

HIgh rubber conten adhesive

Our SPLT tiles have the thickest foil in the industry; 10 mils

The adhesive has an uber high rubber content a low filler content.

Absolute beasts.

Just make sure that when you compare our products to anyone elses, you chose the right one to compare against.

ANT

Just make sure that when you compare our products to anyone elses, you chose the right one to compare against.

Agreed. And definitely make sure you choose the right specs to compare with and not what some marketing people are promoting.

I've always used Dynamat and have had no issues with it and it did just what I wanted it to do....but I don't pay retail on it either :P

Second Skin. Don't listen to M5 he's admittedly biased.

KickinAudio's bias is different. His is based on friendship.

Easy with the fallacies there kiddo. I've been involved with car audio for 10 years, so I speak based on experience. No e-thugging here.