Sign in to follow this  
SynCity

soundstream Dtower?

i just had some weird dreams i was being bitten by blackwidow spiders on my left hand and woke up in a panic. (i'm terrified of spider). so it lead me to go to soundstreams website to look at what kind of amps they offer.

i see this D tower thing looks pretty sweet. anybody have any experience with it? i found a place on ebay that sell is it for 328 each. they only problem i really see with it is you cannot lay it down.

ebay D-Tower

also that cant be right... can it? direct 4 awg power?!

Edited by SynCity

i just had some weird dreams i was being bitten by blackwidow spiders on my left hand and woke up in a panic. (i'm terrified of spider). so it lead me to go to soundstreams website to look at what kind of amps they offer.

i see this D tower thing looks pretty sweet. anybody have any experience with it? i found a place on ebay that sell is it for 328 each. they only problem i really see with it is you cannot lay it down.

ebay D-Tower

also that cant be right... can it? direct 4 awg power?!

That is why they call it a tower, towers dont lay down. They are mad for people with space issues of want an amp to fit standing up instead of sitting down.

Next time go to there website for more information, then post a question (your answers are on there site).

okay... i really didnt ask if i could lay down or not, i understand the whole tower idea. but does that explain the users views on the product?

What users' views?

unmm i think he is asking how does this amp proform, he is looking for a review from someone who might have used this amp or maybe another soundstream amp.

i have personally never used one mainly b/c i am scared of spiders like yourself! but i am sure someone on here has used this amp brand and maybe this actual model you are intersted in!

from the pic it looks to be pretty beefy, and yes it would seem that it accepts 4gauge wire so you would ask yoursefl, self can this amp do what i need? or should i maybe invest in some 1/0 to 4awg reducer to ensure it gets the power it needs!! lol!!

but hang tight i am sure somone has used this amp before!

22xx watts rms on 4G wire will even if this thing was 100% efficient (imposable) that wire would still be too small....I would not take the chance. proly wont do real numbers

22xx watts rms on 4G wire will even if this thing was 100% efficient (imposable) that wire would still be too small....I would not take the chance. proly wont do real numbers

x2, if any amp that claims it can put out 1200-1500 watts or more and only has 4 gauge inputs than that should of been a sign to you not to get it.

You can lay it down. It says so in the owner's manual. It's no different than any other amp. Soundstream's quality the last few years has gone downhill so this probably won't do rated power.