rkinman

Big 3 / Amp electrical question

I was about to place an order for my big 3 wiring and the ought gauge wiring for my my 1200D.

Really dont want to order a surplus here. Trying to keep the price low as possible.

The amp combo kit that im getting comes with 17 feet of ought gauge. I am sure that it wont take 17 feet to reach the amp so I may have some left over cable.

Not sure how many feet it usually takes to do a big 3 in a engine. Any thoughts would be nice. I am considering buying 10 extra feet. If you think I can do it with less that would be great.

also thinking of getting x2 of these battery terminals LINK to terminals. I am assuming the big 3 will take 1 cable for the alternator, the amp will take the other for the positive terminal. But Im not sure about if the car electronics power wire will squeeze in there as well. The negative terminal will fit both ought gauge cables for the big 3.

So, how am I looking so far?

Get a piece of string or tape measure and measure how much wire you will need to (that is how I did it).

Get a piece of string or tape measure and measure how much wire you will need to (that is how I did it).

X2, also dont make the mistake i made and do your ground wires first to make sure you have enough! ground is more importent then the power!