HiFonicsHorder1

Blues Production Sub's. . . . . . . Remember

Blues Production Sub's  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Anyone Remember These Sub's

I hope they gave you a discount ehh.gif

I have heard them and they are worth every penny, they make the Focal K2 components look silly, and that stuff costs 1899.00. The Focal 6 inch has a Fs of like 79 Hz and if you look at their response curves they roll off below the 90 dB reference line around 145 Hz.. The Blues 6.5 has a Fs of 41 Hz or less, they are saying 41 but if you go to their site and look at the LMS graphs they show the Fs is more like 37 Hz.. The Blues will play loudly and cleanly too, most other SQ drivers fall apart at high volumes. The Focal three way set up can not cover the same musical range as the Blues either. The Blues 6.5 has a very smooth midrange and does not need a midrange driver to cover that area. I got to hear one system today in a chevy truck at a show in Fordice Ark., and I and everyone else thought the subwoofer was on, the guy just had the two way system playing and it was ungodly the low bass that came out of those doors and he still had excellent midrange too. He played 45, 40, even 35 Hz test tones and those 6.5s took every bit of it, and he wasn't ashamed to use the volume control. He also played music with organ notes and music and it did not take away form the upper frequencies for those 6.5s to make the low freqs too. They sound very dynamic and natural, and they are doing it in their vehicles without ANY DTA, processors, suround sound or anything, even showed us all that the eq was off and the radio was in bypass mode. My buddy went to jackson Ms a couple weeks ago and heard 3 or 4 vehicles with the Blues stuff in it, he used to be a car stereo dealer and he says the same thing about the Blues stuff. Hell, ask Todd Crowder what he thought he was there and it blew him away from what I saw. Mike the judge that judged the guys truck asked him how in the world are you getting that kind of midrange out of a woofer that can go so low. I think the guys name was Richard that had the truck, he was from somewhere in Missouri.

Oh yeah, and god when he turns the subwoofer on! It is a true subwoofer, he had it crossed at less than 50 Hz, and it would go to any low freq you wanted it to, it shook the truck and could go so low on some notes that you couldnt hear it but felt it. I know I'm buying a set as soon as they release them!

I talked to Ray at Linear Power and the Blues sight will have more information as time goes by, they were being asked to put info up about the product and this is just the start of the site.

I wouldn't laught to hard at these guys, they seem to be on top of what they are doing.

way to go SQ_MGB!!!hehe.

Thanks guys....I appreciate all the positive comments. I was at Fordyce and showed the truck to several people, I just wish I would have had it all dialed in. Due to a pinched wire (my crappy, rushed install) I lost a preamp the Monday before the show. I changed it out for my spare that isn't matched for left/right balance or my head unit output voltage so I wasn't as good as I could have been, but it was ok.

I still have to get the speaker angles right, but that's just time spent over many days coming. As M5 said, the dash is not my friend and he's right. Changes in angle that I can't see make a difference in the stage and image. It's just going to take more time to get it right.

Thanks again everyone for all the well wishes, it makes all the time and effort worth it.

Hey guys! Just reading all the posts about Blues and ill say this-I wouldnt have any other sq speaker on the market in my car. Ive delt with Blues Linear Power and Ray since i could drive! Both Randall and Rich are friends of mine(and if they dont mind me saying ive been involved with both their vehicles) and they both display the product well. Congrats to Rich on his firsts this weekend.

Subjective opinions about performance aren't all that useful.

I'd be more interested in seeing some independent objective measurements.

WUT UP MIKEY !!! Long time no talk dude ... Give me a call when you get time.

Subjective opinions about performance aren't all that useful.

I'd be more interested in seeing some independent objective measurements.

Seems like ANYONE that hears them are very impressed, maybe you need to get out and find a show that one of the Blues cars is going to. I have heard and SEEN some mighty big names in car audio listen to them at show and walk away very impressed, including the judges. One person is 24 time world SQ title holder Todd Crowder.

I know a couple of these cars are going to be back in Hot Springs Arkansas next weekend if anyone want sto hear them. Idrove to Fordyce Ark, last weekend jsut to hear a truck from Missouri with the equipment in it and it is VERY impressive, more so than any Focal system I have heard. I know I had to go to a show and hear them for myself after my buddies from North Miss. went to a show in Jackson Ms and came back and told me the stories of the new Blues and Linear Power equipment, now I don't have to go on what I am told, I have heard it for myself.

Ears are better than ANY spec on paper! The proof is in the pudding baby! I am sure if anyone wants to hear the speakers al lthey have to do is find a contest one of these guys are going to, they are hitting all the shows they can and turning heads everytime.

Not to mention from what I have read on here and heard people talk about, one of the first vehicles they through together last year with then old and prototype equipment took 4th place overall for SQ at world finals, way ahead of some much more expensive and elaborate equipment and vehicles.

Again better not doubt these guys too much, they are going to show everyone a thing or two before they are done. They are just getting ready to ship the first product, and you guys are trying to slam dunk them without ever hearing them.

Mike Flannagan your skills were VERY EFFECTIVE with building of my truck. For that, I thank you ... :drink40:

Also, May I Mention ...

TJ Lacharite - 1991 chevy 2500 series, one of very few vehicles in USACI world finals SPL competition that could play music all day the whole weekend and still hit over 150 dbs in his class !!! 2 15s in a enclosure tuned around 57 htz running Linear Power amps, blues 8s & tweet combo ... VERY IMPRESSIVE !! :woot:

Edited by Cablguy184

Good to hear from you too Randall. Ben real busy with my new job the band and Ray!! I didnt forget about TJ just forgot to mention it!! Impious is right got to hear them for yourself!! Ill be in Hot Springs this weekend with TJ and Richard so maybe i can show you myself. I will say this if you dont like them you would be the first so far!!!! and who **** im glad you were impressed to. Hope you can come out and play sunday too.

Hey guys! Just reading all the posts about Blues and ill say this-I wouldnt have any other sq speaker on the market in my car. Ive delt with Blues Linear Power and Ray since i could drive! Both Randall and Rich are friends of mine(and if they dont mind me saying ive been involved with both their vehicles) and they both display the product well. Congrats to Rich on his firsts this weekend.

Thanks Mike! I appreciate all the advice you've (along with Ray) given me on how to build this thing, I just wish I lived closer!

Looking forward to seeing you guys this weekend in Hot Springs, hopefully I can continue to do well. Can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve with some of the builds coming up! Mike Darville gave me some really good advice in Kansas City and did his best to educate me on things to listen for and how to make my truck sound better. I just hope I can convey the gratitude I have for all the help I've received and I hope I haven't left anyone out that's helped me through this install.

Thanks everyone for all the help and well wishes, see ya at the shows! :drink40:

Thanks guys....I appreciate all the positive comments. I was at Fordyce and showed the truck to several people, I just wish I would have had it all dialed in. Due to a pinched wire (my crappy, rushed install) I lost a preamp the Monday before the show. I changed it out for my spare that isn't matched for left/right balance or my head unit output voltage so I wasn't as good as I could have been, but it was ok.

I still have to get the speaker angles right, but that's just time spent over many days coming. As M5 said, the dash is not my friend and he's right. Changes in angle that I can't see make a difference in the stage and image. It's just going to take more time to get it right.

Thanks again everyone for all the well wishes, it makes all the time and effort worth it.

No kidding that the dash is not our friend. We've (Ray, Jimmy, me) have been messing with tweeter position for 3 weeks with not "great break through". Haven't been able to enlist Mike yet because of our schedules. Going to the new 6 and new x-over is a great help, but not there yet. Ray and I messed with it a couple of hours Sunday afternoon. Jimmy and I bounced ideas for 2 hours Monday evening. Not there yet, but I have a set of pillars full of screw holes. :trippy:

Be sure to let me know if you do have a breakthrough! And thanks for all YOUR help too in getting my truck ready for the shows. :drink40:

No kidding that the dash is not our friend. We've (Ray, Jimmy, me) have been messing with tweeter position for 3 weeks with not "great break through". Haven't been able to enlist Mike yet because of our schedules. Going to the new 6 and new x-over is a great help, but not there yet. Ray and I messed with it a couple of hours Sunday afternoon. Jimmy and I bounced ideas for 2 hours Monday evening. Not there yet, but I have a set of pillars full of screw holes. :trippy:

Use velcro for temporary mounting locations to avoid having multiple screw holes in your panels and pillars.

Seems like ANYONE that hears them are very impressed, maybe you need to get out and find a show that one of the Blues cars is going to. I have heard and SEEN some mighty big names in car audio listen to them at show and walk away very impressed, including the judges. One person is 24 time world SQ title holder Todd Crowder.

I know a couple of these cars are going to be back in Hot Springs Arkansas next weekend if anyone want sto hear them. Idrove to Fordyce Ark, last weekend jsut to hear a truck from Missouri with the equipment in it and it is VERY impressive, more so than any Focal system I have heard. I know I had to go to a show and hear them for myself after my buddies from North Miss. went to a show in Jackson Ms and came back and told me the stories of the new Blues and Linear Power equipment, now I don't have to go on what I am told, I have heard it for myself.

Ears are better than ANY spec on paper! The proof is in the pudding baby! I am sure if anyone wants to hear the speakers al lthey have to do is find a contest one of these guys are going to, they are hitting all the shows they can and turning heads everytime.

Jason Ewing once scored the highest in his class in the sound quality portion of a fairly major competition with stock VW speakers. Does that mean OEM VW speakers are some of the best speakers on the market? Worth $900 a set? The proof is in the pudding, right?

"Ears" are inferior to objective measurements. That is indisputable. Your ears are prejudiced and subjective. Your ears are inaccurate measurement devices. Likewise, attempting to make a comparison between speakers when listening to them in different environments is a completely useless endeavor. You aren't listening to or comparing the speakers; you are listening to the entire system including installation, tuning and environment and basing your decision off of your personal opinion of what sounds "good" among other issues. That is not a valid or valuable comparison. Last, the competition format is not a format designed to compare individual components in a car audio system. How one fares in a car audio competition with a particular set of speakers is not necessarily an indication of the superiority of that particular speaker brand or how that speaker brand compares to other speakers on the market.

Dude, this is not a fluke in one vehicle, there are like 6 vehicles running around with the new Blues stuff and they all sound excellent, and that is not the opinion of one person but a very impressive group of well known people ,that is getting larger every day. This is not a one contest event or one judge opinion either, these system continue going different places and winning and turning heads. Again as before I challenge you to go find one to listen to, but its doubtful you could hear good sound, if you have to have computer tell you it sounds good. You just need to sit back, shut up, and let this equipment and time put you and your pompous ass in its place. If you don't like it you don't have to be in this thread go crawl back under your rock.

Hey guys, NOVEL IDEA lets ALL cut our ears off, stop listening to our stereos and only let computer equipment listen to it. Our ears SUX!!! Its not about listening to music and enjoying good sound, GOD has spoken here, we better listen to him! I myself have heard some pretty crappy equipment that looked good on paper and with a marketing guy telling me how good it should sound. What better way to demonstrate a product as to go out and put it in different vehicles and let people hear it., that's better than a sound room since that is not a car environment, and yes graphs, charts and specs can give you a general idea of how something SHOULD sound but it's not neccessarily the way it DOES sound. They are good for spotting a major problem but specs can not determine sonic, dynamic, natural, spatial sound reproduction, THATS what a piece of paper CAN'T tell you!

God,

I'm glad I started this thread!! :popcorn:

Should have the wiring harness in the Coupe in the next couple weeks then I will begin the install of my pair of ISO-10's that will be pushed with Power From The Gods Series VIII Zues.

It will be tricky though since the trunk is so small and there is a 15lb NX bottle,6 channel Aphrodite, & the Zues.

I will post pics when I begin.

Thanks for All the responses.

Dude, this is not a fluke in one vehicle, there are like 6 vehicles running around with the new Blues stuff and they all sound excellent, and that is not the opinion of one person but a very impressive group of well known people ,that is getting larger every day. This is not a one contest event or one judge opinion either, these system continue going different places and winning and turning heads. Again as before I challenge you to go find one to listen to, but its doubtful you could hear good sound, if you have to have computer tell you it sounds good. You just need to sit back, shut up, and let this equipment and time put you and your pompous ass in its place. If you don't like it you don't have to be in this thread go crawl back under your rock.

You Mad?

Nothing wrong with having an objective opinion.

Objective opinons and slam dunks are too different things, The people that have heard them have far more capabiility and right to say how they sound or if they are worth the price, than he ever does to say anything about something he knows nothing about or ever listened to. THATS MY POINT! He has NO basis for any opinion on them at all. I'm out here!

Edited by whodat

God,

I'm glad I started this thread!! :popcorn:

Should have the wiring harness in the Coupe in the next couple weeks then I will begin the install of my pair of ISO-10's that will be pushed with Power From The Gods Series VIII Zues.

It will be tricky though since the trunk is so small and there is a 15lb NX bottle,6 channel Aphrodite, & the Zues.

I will post pics when I begin.

Thanks for All the responses.

Sounds like it's going to be a tight fit with all the "junk in da trunk". I guess the amps could serve as bottle warmers.

Edited by 6APPEAL

Use velcro for temporary mounting locations to avoid having multiple screw holes in your panels and pillars.

Sticky stuff don't like any surface that has every been Armor All'ed. Been there tried that, it will not stick. Rubbing down with alcohol or cleaning solutions don't work. The Armor All type products are absorbed into the pores of the plastic. The set with all the holes is an old set. I also have the set that came in the truck and a new set in the boxes. Not my 1st rodeo.

hifonics .... what you planning to tune your box to ?? I have 2 seperate chambers set up at 8 ohms ... Just wondering ...

Hey guys, NOVEL IDEA lets ALL cut our ears off, stop listening to our stereos and only let computer equipment listen to it. Our ears SUX!!! Its not about listening to music and enjoying good sound, GOD has spoken here, we better listen to him! I myself have heard some pretty crappy equipment that looked good on paper and with a marketing guy telling me how good it should sound. What better way to demonstrate a product as to go out and put it in different vehicles and let people hear it., that's better than a sound room since that is not a car environment, and yes graphs, charts and specs can give you a general idea of how something SHOULD sound but it's not neccessarily the way it DOES sound. They are good for spotting a major problem but specs can not determine sonic, dynamic, natural, spatial sound reproduction, THATS what a piece of paper CAN'T tell you!

Ok, relax a little. He was not saying anything bad about the Blues speakers. He was speaking in factual terms that apply to all installs. And he is right about our ears. In the big picture, the total install is the impact of the end result. Meaning two different people can have the exact same vehicle and equipment, but that does not mean the end sound will be the same. There are so many factors at play, yes the quality and engineering behind a driver is very important, but there are a great deal of other installation variances that over ride that in the end, hence his example about the VW speakers. :)

Sticky stuff don't like any surface that has every been Armor All'ed. Been there tried that, it will not stick. Rubbing down with alcohol or cleaning solutions don't work. The Armor All type products are absorbed into the pores of the plastic. The set with all the holes is an old set. I also have the set that came in the truck and a new set in the boxes. Not my 1st rodeo.

Your definitely right about that, I have tried to attach things to my dash after putting armor all on it months before and it still wouldnt stick. Well I tried, hopefully you can find some replacement panels or just fix your current ones. I hope you get the tweeter placement situated.