HiFonicsHorder1

Blues Production Sub's. . . . . . . Remember

Blues Production Sub's  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Anyone Remember These Sub's

I still love the Tri-Sobaric (SP) design! That box had excellent SQ! I still have a new pair of the 4 ohm 6.5" and a pair of the 1" titanium dome tweets.

How did I miss this one? I use the Dual Tri-Sobaric from one of my GN installs as the sub in my home theather (it's all Blues). I took it out to build a "lighter" setup (a ported 12, GN go faster). Don't worry if you've never heard of a Dual Tri-Sobaric, Ray and I built it at his shop many years ago (I think Rich was there also). I can't remember if it was the 1st or 2nd one ever built. But a modded 5002 (running 8 ohm mono) sure could make that box wail. We built it ported lower (28 hz) than the standard Tri-So box (36 hz, i think). It shakes stuff off the walls in the house (my wife hates that). :drink40: I'm running an old Onkyo amp on it that's rated 150x2 @ 8 ohms, so I figure I'm getting about 225x2 running it at 4 ohms stereo.

Dude, this is not a fluke in one vehicle, there are like 6 vehicles running around with the new Blues stuff and they all sound excellent, and that is not the opinion of one person but a very impressive group of well known people ,that is getting larger every day. This is not a one contest event or one judge opinion either, these system continue going different places and winning and turning heads. Again as before I challenge you to go find one to listen to, but its doubtful you could hear good sound, if you have to have computer tell you it sounds good. You just need to sit back, shut up, and let this equipment and time put you and your pompous ass in its place. If you don't like it you don't have to be in this thread go crawl back under your rock.

First, get the sand out of your vagina.

Second, all you've accomplished thus far is to demonstrate your ignorance and complete lack of understanding of the usefulness of objective measurements and the problems associated with subjective opinions. I'm sorry you don't understand this, but that's not my fault so there's no sense in getting pissy about it with me.

How do you think most speakers on the market are designed? By one guy sitting around tossing together parts until he stumbles upon something that sounds subjectively "good" to himself? No, there is extensive computer simulations and direct objective measurements made before they are brought to market. But all those dumb objective measurements are useless, so why bother, right?

The work of a couple guys you may have heard of, named Thiele and Small, form the basic set of parameters used to describe every loudspeaker produced and are used extensively to determine performance related to enclosure type and volume, among other things, without having to go through and build infinite alignments and testing each one individually. But objective measurements are useless, right?

How lost we would be if it wasn't for objective measurements. And how lost you are because you don't understand this. :rolleyes:

And, actually, you are the one who just came here. So I suppose if you don't like it, you can go crawl back under your rock :P

Objective opinons and slam dunks are too different things, The people that have heard them have far more capabiility and right to say how they sound or if they are worth the price, than he ever does to say anything about something he knows nothing about or ever listened to. THATS MY POINT! He has NO basis for any opinion on them at all. I'm out here!

Show me where I stated an opinion of them. Find one sentence where I stated an opinion of their performance, other than saying they'd better perform well given their price tag. Beyond that, all I said is that I'd be far more interested in seeing some objective measurements rather than listening to he-said she-said subjective statements about how great they are as those opinions are of no actual value regardless of who they came from, and that the "proof" presented so far of how great they are isn't really any "proof" at all.

Now, don't you feel stupid for getting all worked up and acting like an idiot over something I never said?

That's a knowledge smackdown by our resident supergenius, otherwise known as Brad. :P

Yea, I think Ray has a couple of factory Trisoberic Boxes left.

I wish I could get one or two for my home theatre system ... We tried them out when we were building my truck, they sounded amazing!!! My truck was running out of battery power too fast.

I wanted the trisos in my truck, but the ISO-kits just "looked cooler" to me.

6APPEAL, I think the double triso box needs to come out of retirement(along with the Grand National)!! :drink40:

WOW!!!! How refreshing it is to go to a blog where the argument is about the objectivness of sq and the human ear and NOT about how many teeny boppers hair we can stand on end!!!!! LOVE IT!!!!!!! Impious is very correct, everyone has a different concept of what sounds good! Lord knows ive had plenty of issues with judges and so forth in the past telling me my cars dont sound good and the way i normally delt with that was i didnt go back to shows they were judging! But most judges know they have a certain criteria they are to go by to judge a vehicle. For instance, Ive been a USACi judge since 1989 (went to the first finals that year, it was in a barn in Dallas Texas). I was 16 and had no idea what good sound was!!! But over the years i learned from other judges and people who are knowlegable in sq how to judge and what to listen for. BUT MY OPINION OF WHAT SOUNDS GOOD SOME TIMES DIFFERS FROM WHAT USAC OR ANYONE ELSE SAYS SOUNDS GOOD!!!!!! Thats why i made the offer for him to hear them. And anyone who knows me knows ive fought for years to take the subjectivity out of the hands of judges(even worked with a local computer guru to attach mics to the head of a maniquin connected to a program that could detect optimum stage in a vehicle. 6appeal and i have discussed this tons of times in the past)but a computer cant determine wether a system sounds good ONLY the programmer of said computer which in turn means that ONE PERSON DETERMINES IF OUR STUFF SOUNDS GOOD!! vicious cycle huh!!! And the theille smalls comparison, im sure they even had an opinion on what actually sounded good, i mean surely they had to use their ears before they came up with those parameters we love and use every day!!!!

This is an argument that will probably surpass the ages of time but its a fun one aint it!!! oh and by the way impious, can you send me info on that vw you talked about? Ive heard of the car just never got to see it. I thought i was the only guy to go to a gunfight with a knife(I won at USACi World Finals with a Toyota Corolla with no amps and no subs in '96 and '97 all off the power of the head unit). and by the way please excuse the spelling!!!

I wish I could get one or two for my home theatre system ... We tried them out when we were building my truck, they sounded amazing!!! My truck was running out of battery power too fast.

6APPEAL, I think the double triso box needs to come out of retirement(along with the Grand National)!! :drink40:

I have one of those factory Tri-Sobaric boxes. It will be the sub in another room's small system I'm putting together. A Tri-So's would look really cool if the front is done with some 1" plexi for the box front with some led lighting. Rich and I have talked about doing this.

The dual Tri-So will probably stay put in the home theather. Jimmy and I are cooking up some sick ideas for the sub stage in the GN. So, that means the GN is coming out of retirement, but the $6000 estimate for paint has put a crimp in the plans. Working on getting a spare mostly stock motor/trans in it now.

I have one of those factory Tri-Sobaric boxes. It will be the sub in another room's small system I'm putting together. A Tri-So's would look really cool if the front is done with some 1" plexi for the box front with some led lighting. Rich and I have talked about doing this.

The dual Tri-So will probably stay put in the home theather. Jimmy and I are cooking up some sick ideas for the sub stage in the GN. So, that means the GN is coming out of retirement, but the $6000 estimate for paint has put a crimp in the plans. Working on getting a spare mostly stock motor/trans in it now.

You can always send that motor and trans to me and we can put it in the MGB! :ohnoes9: Of course, the body would probably twist in two from the torque....oh well.....I guess I'll have to be satisfied with my 0-60 time measured by a CALENDAR!

On the subject of Triso boxes....how many would you like to build? ;)

Talk to Mike, he's the one with the crazy idea (like you) of building a tri-so wall. :trippy: Get a camper shell/snugtop for your truck and a good case of metal mites. :drink40: Maybe TJ should do that instead of all those 15's he's planning on. :ohnoes9:

Talk to Mike, he's the one with the crazy idea (like you) of building a tri-so wall. :trippy: Get a camper shell/snugtop for your truck and a good case of metal mites. :drink40: Maybe TJ should do that instead of all those 15's he's planning on. :ohnoes9:

Actually Chris Underwood had the idea of an "ISO-TRISO" wall.....basicly instead of using 2 eights and a 10 you would use 4eights and 2 tens with all the speakers in an iso formation!!!!! Fs would be somewhere below 20hz and would only need a cubic foot of air! And yall call me the crazy one! I probably dont need to mention the power handling capabilities(i mean its six motor structures driving one enclosure) Gives a whole new meaning to 6appeal huh johnny!

Talk to Mike, he's the one with the crazy idea (like you) of building a tri-so wall. :trippy: Get a camper shell/snugtop for your truck and a good case of metal mites. :drink40:Maybe TJ should do that instead of all those 15's he's planning on. :ohnoes9:

Actually Chris Underwood had the idea of an "ISO-TRISO" wall.....basicly instead of using 2 eights and a 10 you would use 4eights and 2 tens with all the speakers in an iso formation!!!!! Fs would be somewhere below 20hz and would only need a cubic foot of air! And yall call me the crazy one! I probably dont need to mention the power handling capabilities(i mean its six motor structures driving one enclosure) Gives a whole new meaning to 6appeal huh johnny!

Mike....think we can talk TJ out of 4 cu.ft. of air? We have the technology.....we can rebuild him....better, stronger, faster....

:doit:

Mike....think we can talk TJ out of 4 cu.ft. of air? We have the technology.....we can rebuild him....better, stronger, faster....

:doit:

>> Better, faster, stronger. << ;)

nah nah nah nah nah nah.....it's been awhile since I saw that show.....thanks for helping an old dog remember Denim! :drink40:

So I assume that you buy the speakers seperate and and a "kit" and mount them together yourself?

If so any one have a picture of the kit?smile.gif

I haven't really ever studied the effects of the iso setup, GREAT, now theres something else to add to the list.tongue.gif

Not sure if the ISO-kits and Trisoberics go back into production. We are all talking about old drivers. Please keep a check on the blues site to be sure. Thanks ...

Not sure if the ISO-kits and Trisoberics go back into production. We are all talking about old drivers. Please keep a check on the blues site to be sure. Thanks ...

I know you'all are talkin' bout yur old subs.peepwall.gif Just curious. (I read the whole topic)

Here ya go J-Road....this is one I was going to put in my truck. I didn't use it because it was too tall after I got the thing together and since the new drivers couldn't be used this way we (I) decided to scrap it.

gallery_7289_352_229780.jpg

gallery_7289_352_218038.jpg

gallery_7289_352_502461.jpg

gallery_7289_352_433961.jpg

gallery_7289_352_443328.jpg

gallery_7289_352_513752.jpg

The 8's see roughly .66-.70cu. ft. each and the space between the 10 and the 8's is as small as possible. If you look close, you will see that there is only ONE way the drivers will go in the box. Hope that's what you were looking for! :drink40:

Looking for a supplier for the iso-kits should be out soon. As far as the triso's go, the new drivers wont work in that style enclosure( with the old drivers the characteristics of two eights EXACTLY matched that of one ten and the new drivers dont) trust me, we tried and i cried when that happened. As for TJ's truck, yea i can get 4 cubes (considering the box in it now is 20) but i cant get replacements and even though between you, ray, johnny and me we have the largest surplus of those old woofers i aint willin to take that chance(besides you wont give yours up)!!!and if you did they would go in a certain black prelude way before that heavy chevy!hahahahah!

I was actually interested in the iso setup on the VERY FIRST post, the one you guys have in your rides.smile.gif

The triso is cool also though, I could only imagine that alot of modeling go's into building one of the triso setups. I seen a stroker for the first time the other day also, it was cool TOO, as I LOVE Nostalgic items.biggrin.gif

I was actually interested in the iso setup on the VERY FIRST post, the one you guys have in your rides.smile.gif

The triso is cool also though, I could only imagine that alot of modeling go's into building one of the triso setups. I seen a stroker for the first time the other day also, it was cool TOO, as I LOVE Nostalgic items.biggrin.gif

Yea thats a 10" iso-kit. We should be able to reproduce those a little later in the year! or you might can talk sq_mgb out of one of the FIFTY hes got!

Yea thats a 10" iso-kit. We should be able to reproduce those a little later in the year! or you might can talk sq_mgb out of one of the FIFTY hes got!

I don't have that many....yet.;) I do have the drivers to make at least 8 Triso's! :ohnoes9:

And J-Road....if you ever want to try a Stroker, let me know. I have a couple of 12's and a 15 NIB. :woot:

Awesome!!!smile.gif

I will definetly have to make it to a show you guys are at someday.biggrin.gif

As far as the triso's go, the new drivers wont work in that style enclosure( with the old drivers the characteristics of two eights EXACTLY matched that of one ten and the new drivers dont) trust me, we tried and i cried when that happened.

And that's EXACTLY the reason why I hesitate to put the dual tri-so back in the GN. Replacement drivers would be really tough to get. Besides, the dual tri-so lives a pretty good life in the home theater. No heat or cold extremes, no one pounding on it all the time with a modified 5002 trying to drive the 8's through the back of the 10. Plus the box will not fit unless I take the trunk torsion bars out. Been there, done that, major PITA to get back right. :No:

Though I'm pretty sure Rich would give up enough drivers for me to do a new dual tri-so in the GN. :puzzled: Do a nice trick box with a plexi front, shiney paint on the interior and led back lighting. :woot: Though I would really hate to build something that Blues cannot offer with the new product line. :shrug:

But FIRST, I have to get the Iso-10 in the truck. And it looks like I may not get started until I get back from Buick Nationals next month. Can someone say, no room in my shop? Too full of Buick stuff. I figure if I can get Mike or Jimmy for a couple of days, we could knock the box out, have it tuned and ready to be upholstered or painted. I would like to have it done by Scrapin' the Coast. :suicide-santa: