warriorfb1

I need some help on what amp to buy!

hi, im new to this whole forum thing but i need some help. i recently purchased 2 15" incriminator lethal injections and have them powered by a hifonics 1600 watt amp right now, im wanting an upgrade on my amp and extra battery and need some help on making a choice.......my 2 choices are the sundown saz-1500d or the rockford t1500-1bd......i also need an extra battery but dont know what brand....please help me out if you can....also would like to hear of any other amplifier options you may have.

thanks

Well both amps will be an improvement and do rated power. I have used RF amps before and they have worked great. Have never used sundown but hear nothing but good things about there products and customer service.

thanks

both amps would be a good choice I would get whatever one you could get for less. As for the batt unless you are going to get an isolator you need to just replace the once under the hood and with those amps you should be fine with a good amg dry cell

Edited by 144dbFiBl15

I've owned 2 of the LI 15's and ran them off of the SAZ-1500D with a Deka 9A31 secondary battery. I had the big 3 upgrade with 1/0 wire, on a stock 110amp alt with minimal dimming at maximum listening level. This was with accesories going (headlights, air conditioner). In my opinion the Sundown is just a nasty amp for the money...my .02 :drink40:

I've owned 2 of the LI 15's and ran them off of the SAZ-1500D with a Deka 9A31 secondary battery. I had the big 3 upgrade with 1/0 wire, on a stock 110amp alt with minimal dimming at maximum listening level. This was with accesories going (headlights, air conditioner). In my opinion the Sundown is just a nasty amp for the money...my .02 :drink40:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Both amps are good choices, I dont deal with Rockford or Kicker amps due to there set subsonic filter that will make you design a ported box around its' setting. The Sundown amp has a variable sub sonic filter which can be changed or adjusted to your preferred tuning frequency. But beyond that it goes down to what fits in your budget but both amps will do the job and then some.

just like the others said, u can't go wrong with RF power series or Sundown SAZ-amps; i've used both, and they're awesome amps that do more than advertised power. and on a side note, i've had excellent customer service with Sundown.