warriorfb1

How much can it really take??

i recently purchased 2 15" incriminator lethal injections which say they only take 600 watts rms......just wondering if this is true or not because im lookin to upgrade to a bigger amp but dont want to overpower them, i currently have a hifonics 1600 watt brutus ran at 1 ohm to them with all stock electrical.

whats the best amp for me? considering the sundown saz-1500d which is supposed to put out around 1900 at 14 volts

thanks

oh and also what battery should i put in the rear??

They can take what is recommended that is why the company put the recommendations on the subwoofer (if you have to ask then stick with 1200 rms). They dont need all there rated power or double there rated power to perform well and give you the output they were intended for. If your not competing or anything then I would stick with 1200rms but maybe jump up to 1500rms if you just feel you need to. But your box, settings and install will determine how much these subs can truely take. If you know how to control your volume knob, set your gains right and can listen/smell or see signs of stress in your woofer then I would throw more power on them but if you dont have the experience then dont do it. If you get the SAZ-1500D then you dont have it turned all the way up and just because your throwing 1500 watts at it doesnt mean your sub will receive all those watts since music is dynamic. Just my .02 since you dont want to damage your equipment.

you'd probably be fine with the SAZ-1500D. being careful with the gains and volume knob would make sure of this.

as for a battery for the back.. what's your price range? there's a good amount to choose from.

XS Power, Deka, Kinetic, Optima, and so on...

you might also need to upgrade the Big 3.. which is what i'd do first. before the battery for the trunk.

What size alternator is in your car?

stock alternator

price range is no more than 200$

stock alternator

That still doesnt tell me what alternator is in your car, how many amps is it?

well all other things aside just to answer your battery question now

the Deka 9A31H is what you want from www.remybattery.com (right now the site isn't working so try again later i guess)

excellent excellent battery for the price.

thanks

i dont know.........how do you check how many amps it is?

Do some research on your car online or call the dealership, look for a place that sells stock parts for your car and see what the size stock amps they offer.

just for reference, I have 2 15" LI's on a Sundown 1500 (ported) in my car, and my cousin has a pair of the 12's on a Hifonics BX2000d (sealed)

I have a pair of LI's powered by an SAZ-1500D on stock electrical. They take the amp like a champ. But an extra battery would not be a bad idea. Definitely do the Big 3.

wow i dont think i can take the chance of puttin them on anymore than the saz-1500

wow i dont think i can take the chance of puttin them on anymore than the saz-1500

Dangerous statement. It is all about how you set the gains.

Just an FYI. Going from their rated 600wrms to a 750wrms amplifier will gain you NO audible output increase. To your ears they will be equally as loud. No reason to put more than a SAZ-1500 on them and even then you should set your gains the right way for the drivers in the enclosures that they are in.