Frostedflakejake

Component Set Help

So i'm trying to find a good component set for my 2004 explorer. The stock speakers are 6X8's.

when it comes to components speakers, i don't really know much of anything.

i need 2 sets, (4 speakers together) and my price range is near $150 a set. (perferablly lower, of course :shrug: )

i was looking at the Infinity Kappa's 680.9's. anyone have any experience with these or other Kappa components?

I got a 18" btl and a saz3000d, so i really need to get rid of the stock speakers.

no rush though, i still have to buy an Iraggi Alternator and a Kinetik for the car before i start on components. (but they should come quick, im selling alot of stuff on craigslist)

I'm looking mainly for something with good sound quality.

an amp that you suggest being under $300 would be great too :popcorn:

head unit is an Alpine 9886

Thanks!!!

With $600 dollars for components, I'd spend it all on 1 pair for the front and make sure you install them well.

Sean (M5) is the man when it comes to front stage, listen to him ;)

There is really no need to replace the backs. Believe me, I have a 2003 Lincoln Aviator which is basically the same as your Explorer. I installed both and you cannot even hear the backs. Just invest in a set for the fronts.

With $600 dollars for components, I'd spend it all on 1 pair for the front and make sure you install them well.

He said he needs 2 sets of components at 150 $ for each set.

So 300 $ total !

That should be enough for a good set (in the USA).

He said he needs 2 sets of components at 150 $ for each set.

So 300 $ total !

That should be enough for a good set (in the USA).

And $300 for an amp. Still part of the front stage so his budget is $600. He left off deadening and such so I figured we'd have to pull it out of the budget already given. Either way definitely gave us $600 to play with.

i DO have sound deadening actually!! it was a christmas gift. 36ft^2 of second skin audio dampflifier pro!

but just the front stage... that would be excellent actually. hopefully i could save some money.

any suggestions????

i've heard the kappa's.....imo, they're a little more on the harsh side (lots of highs). but everyone has different tastes in sound, so i'd recommend listening to a bunch of speakers and choosing what sounds best to you. and of course, a proper install will help them sound good too.

Look into Image Dynamics CTX65 $180 shipped from Woofersetc.

Loud and clear. That would save you some money for deadener and materials to seal up those doors.

Very nice set of components for less than $200, IMO.