wof131s

FI Q on AQ2200D

Will a 15" Fi Q with BP power be ok on a AQ2200D amp at 2 ohms (1300 watts) or will that be to much power?

that's fine but in reality, you could even have it wired at 1 ohm and still control the amp and possibly preout voltage levels from the head unit to prevent overpowering a speaker.

It's now how much you have but how you use it.

I bet you could wire it to 4ohm and still kill it... it's all in your control in how you use your equipment.

that should be within the specs with BP option, it allows to handle 300-500 more watts, make sure you're not clipping it. be wise with your gains and set it with an oscilloscope or a DMM

that should be within the specs with BP option, it allows to handle 300-500 more watts, make sure you're not clipping it. be wise with your gains and set it with an oscilloscope or a DMM

got a question for you what or who told you to set with a dmm. reason is i know for a fact that you can set it by ear or by osiloscope never ever use a dmm. reason is it give's false readings even with paek hold set on it. see the ac as we know it that the amp out puts is realy a pulsated dc that is considedered ac. the problem with calling it dc or ac is there incorrect it has trates of the two stuff like. polarity and can form a sine wave etc... if you try to use peak hold on the dmm it is not accraute as the o-scope to get it on the verge of cliping and you can not dectet this with the dmm, this is unless it has a oscope feature on it. this is why they say you should over power with the amp and set to the distortion method so to bring the gain up slowly till distortion is heard and remove gain till no distortion is heard. sorry not trying to be a prick just try to help on bad old habbits ask around it true.

got a question for you what or who told you to set with a dmm. reason is i know for a fact that you can set it by ear or by osiloscope never ever use a dmm. reason is it give's false readings even with paek hold set on it. see the ac as we know it that the amp out puts is realy a pulsated dc that is considedered ac. the problem with calling it dc or ac is there incorrect it has trates of the two stuff like. polarity and can form a sine wave etc... if you try to use peak hold on the dmm it is not accraute as the o-scope to get it on the verge of cliping and you can not dectet this with the dmm, this is unless it has a oscope feature on it. this is why they say you should over power with the amp and set to the distortion method so to bring the gain up slowly till distortion is heard and remove gain till no distortion is heard. sorry not trying to be a prick just try to help on bad old habbits ask around it true.

It is easier to find a true RMS DMM than an O-Scope. . .

DMM is fine as long as it is True RMS and you have a nice 50 Hz sine wave.

But I do not disagree. . . I set everything by ear. Only time I use the DMM is to set multiple amps so the are all the same. It also becomes difficult to hear distorion playing music at 160 dB. :)

...It also becomes difficult to hear distorion playing music at 160 dB. :)

That's my excuse too ;)

Holy crap really???

I can't believe you actually think that is true, lol.

reason is it give's false readings even with paek hold set on it.

Flat out wrong, a dmm measures voltage. Not falsely either.

see the ac as we know it that the amp out puts is realy a pulsated dc that is considedered ac.

Again wrong it is 100% AC and not DC. The rest of your mumbling about polarity and sine really makes absolutely zero sense and is not only unintelligible but completely inaccurate. Other than the fact that indeed you cannot determine clipping with a DMM, but can on an oscope.

And in this case the OP would be fine to set the gains with a DMM as he is going to set them well below the power capability of the amp and therefore by default it won't be clipping....that is unless the AQ amps are even worse than I think they are.

I would also agree with Brian that by ear or O-scope is better than a DMM, but in this case it won't matter.

Sean +1.gif

Sadistic_customs :poop::banhim:

<----:smileyho:

Sean +1.gif

<----:smileyho:

X2*10202020202

Ok, i know that this is a noob question but with a HU that puts out 4 volts, and running the amp (AQ 2200D) at 2 ohms, what would be my target voltage to get the full 1300 watts out of the amp. Am going to uses a DMM and a 50 Hz test tone to set the gain, cant get my hands on an oscilloscope , thanks.

Ok, i know that this is a noob question but with a HU that puts out 4 volts, and running the amp (AQ 2200D) at 2 ohms, what would be my target voltage to get the full 1300 watts out of the amp. Am going to uses a DMM and a 50 Hz test tone to set the gain, cant get my hands on an oscilloscope , thanks.

Click me to learn how to set your gains with a DMM!

How To: Set your Amplifier Gain - SSA Car Audio Forum

that's fine but in reality, you could even have it wired at 1 ohm and still control the amp and possibly preout voltage levels from the head unit to prevent overpowering a speaker.

I bet you could wire it to 4ohm and still kill it... it's all in your control in how you use your equipment.

So what your saying is its ok to wire the sub to 1 ohm as long as i used the formula given in the link above and take it easy on the volume? Lets say with the BP power the sub could do up to 1500 watts rms. To be on the safe side i could set the gain to 37.4 volts with a DMM and run the sub at 1400 watts rms?

Edited by wof131s

So what your saying is its ok to wire the sub to 1 ohm as long as i used the formula given in the link above and take it easy on the volume? Lets say with the BP power the sub could do up to 1500 watts rms. To be on the safe side i could set the gain to 37.4 volts with a DMM and run the sub at 1400 watts rms?

Yes you can run it at 1 ohms and be fine, you just have to be weary of how you control the volume knob. There is no problem in having some headroom, you just gotta be able to be able to notice signs of stress in your woofer and turn it down if you notice any thats all.

x2

Also, a smaller enclosure will help with power handling ... (smaller having PROPERLY CONSTRUCTED before it)

Edited by Don Ganso

Ok, i know that this is a noob question but with a HU that puts out 4 volts

I'd bet you'll never see 4v on your headunit and either way it doesn't change how you set anything.

Ok, i know that this is a noob question but with a HU that puts out 4 volts

I'd bet you'll never see 4v on your headunit and either way it doesn't change how you set anything.

Well am just going with the mfg specs. Pioneer is known to make pretty good HU.