basshead123

kicker subwoofers?

Has anyone heard the licker l7 12 inch speakers, is it a good product?

yeah i have heard the kicker L7's from 10''s in a sealed box up to the 15 in a vented box. The L7 is not bad it has alot of lows but the mids are kinda missing I own the round version of the L7 called the Cvx it gets low and plays mids well but they are to main stream and ppl say they sound like crap but if your looking for deep bass they are not bad at all.

I own a Kicker Cvx 15 and a kicker zx1000.1

yeah i have heard the kicker L7's from 10''s in a sealed box up to the 15 in a vented box. The L7 is not bad it has alot of lows but the mids are kinda missing I own the round version of the L7 called the Cvx it gets low and plays mids well but they are to main stream and ppl say they sound like crap but if your looking for deep bass they are not bad at all.

CVX > L7

CVX > L7

I rock two CVX "12s in a single cab F150 and they shake the seats :) Just need a bigger amp i like the kicker's Sure they are main stream but nice :)

I'd go with cvx over an l7, personally i think they sound horrible, everyone i've heard has had a lot of mechanical noise, etc. never really sounded that great.

I have owned several sets of CVR's throughout the years and have enjoyed them. Heard a couple L7 setups and it seems they are 1 note killers. Seemed to me they didnt play the low end spectrum very efficiently but killed if you had it dialed in to a single freq.

what? what mids?

I have owned several sets of CVR's throughout the years and have enjoyed them. Heard a couple L7 setups and it seems they are 1 note killers. Seemed to me they didnt play the low end spectrum very efficiently but killed if you had it dialed in to a single freq.

That is a box problem, the L7 is a capable sub.

Mids aren't supposed to come from a sub, ever.

Depending on your goals the L7 can be a great sub. I am an SQ head when it comes to cars, but I chose an L7 for my sisters boat as for the space it was going to give me the most output in the range that would make her happy.

I'd go with cvx over an l7, personally i think they sound horrible, everyone i've heard has had a lot of mechanical noise, etc. never really sounded that great.

x2 once you get it in the box you want it don't unscrew them. there is a trim plate that breaks loose once you unscrew it. all it is is glued down only way to fix it is drill a hole and put a screw in it. that is the mechanical noise i have herad from them.

what? what mids?

im talking bout 50hz to 80hz i have my low pass filter at 80hz the cvx picked it up the L7 didnt..

I like Kicker subs, if I were to buy mainstream I would buy Kicker (used CVR's and CVX's in the past and loved them).