Sign in to follow this  
BMAN

Anyone on here ever run DB DRIVE

I am planning on doing 6 DB DRIVE plw12d2's in a 4th order enclosure because im getting a good deal on them. I was just wondering if anyone on here has ever used DB DRIVE before or seen a set up with them and what they thought. I have 2 right now on 600 watts ported and they don't really move at all and it metered somewhere around 138 (can't remember exactly). They are rated for 1,000 rms each and i had 1,000 going to the pair for about a week to see what they would do and it metered at 143.1 so they don't seem to be too bad. I talked to a couple people on other forums about these subs and everyone is saying that they are pretty impressive if you put 1,000 - 1,200 on each one but im just looking for some more input before i buy the other 4 and build the enclosure.

I am planning on doing 6 DB DRIVE plw12d2's in a 4th order enclosure because im getting a good deal on them. I was just wondering if anyone on here has ever used DB DRIVE before or seen a set up with them and what they thought. I have 2 right now on 600 watts ported and they don't really move at all and it metered somewhere around 138 (can't remember exactly). They are rated for 1,000 rms each and i had 1,000 going to the pair for about a week to see what they would do and it metered at 143.1 so they don't seem to be too bad. I talked to a couple people on other forums about these subs and everyone is saying that they are pretty impressive if you put 1,000 - 1,200 on each one but im just looking for some more input before i buy the other 4 and build the enclosure.

I have heard of the company but never heard any in person before. It sounds like they are working it out for you and your getting a deal so why not, in car audio you wont know till you buy and try.

im just tryin to find out if anyone has blown any or had any kind of problems with them.

My Friend has 4 10" kicker l5's running off a 1500 Watt Db drive amp.

It hits hard, and hes never had any problems with it.

As for subs i have never heard any,

Just heard subs perform on a db amp and the amps are good

Edited by Kent

im basically looking for reviews on any db drive product so thanks for your input.

im just tryin to find out if anyone has blown any or had any kind of problems with them.

That is really going to come down to user error more than company error since subwoofers play what you tell them to.

That is really going to come down to user error more than company error since subwoofers play what you tell them to.

i realize that but im still asking anyways just to see what people think of them.

theres some people on youtube running them they look more SPL oriented but they do look loud.

a local guy had 12 12's in a wall and was running DB drive and he got some pretty impressive numers, doing high 160's on music. and even higher on tones.

high 160's on music? are you sure? that is really impressive :droolcup:

yeah it was either 12 or 15 12's cant remember

he had like 20 or 30 kinetiks and two soundstream amps which were gigantic.

I've heard 2 15s in seal box Clarion 1500 amp inside a Honda Civic late 90s style (How did they do that I still wonder?) IMO they were pretty loud and sound good too

high 160's on music? are you sure? that is really impressive droolcup.gif

x2

high 160's on music? are you sure? that is really impressive droolcup.gif

x2

high 160's like 163 ithink at the time was his highest, i can't remember but i think it was atleast 20k in total if i remember right each were getting about 1666rms each

look up somebody by the screenname of "pimpin at my house"

He is a northeast dealer and user of their products. I havent seen him active here in forever but goes by the same name on other forums.

idk about the amps but the woofers when used correctly arent bad at all......... and saying that somebodys car was loud tells us nothing, i can get "loud" off 100w and a single 8 lol need clamped numbers of the amp to see if it puts out rated, you can use shit products and install them right and have good luck with them and get "loud"

On 1/9/2010 at 9:46 AM, BMAN said:

I have two 12’s hooked them up ran them in parallel to one ohm good hard hitting bass

12 hours ago, Baldhead james said:

I have two 12’s hooked them up ran them in parallel to one ohm good hard hitting bass

Welcome to SSA.  Post up some build pictures if you want. :)