thebiggmann12

I need some computer knowledge.

1 gb dual channel Gskill RAM, AMD 3200+ singlecore but its at 1345mhz fsb. Foxconn NVIDIA nforce 4 motherboard ,7.1 surround, firewire,4 usb out back, PCI -Express, Huge copper thermaltake cooler sittin on a AMD athlon. direct x 10 ATI HD2600xt graphics card....help!!!lol what does all this mean and is it a good computer?

good for what price and what are you looking for or compared to what? :suicide-santa:

the guy says its a good computer for gaming...says it does like 145 fps on some game called s.t.a.k.e.r? lol idk what the hell hes talking about but he wants to trade me for my 10" Bl that im selling for 200 bucks. i would like to start playing some video games online but if the computer isnt worth it then i wont get it.

if u are gettin it for no more than 150 then i'd say get it, otherwise turn away.

The Foxconn boards that are capable of using that processor mostly support just Athlon FX chips and older.

What you have is a Sempron Socket 939 chip. IT might\should be 64bit which is good but those boards max out around 4gb on the memory so it's kinda pointless for 64bit purposes.

It depends on what you wanna do on the computer.

If u plan on doin some new age gaming.. skip it.

Those boards do not support newer technology and will limit you right off the start.

If your goal is just to have a pc to use, then it's fine.

Yes it can do gaming, just don't get too attached to it for gaming.

GSkill memory is pretty damn good when OC'ed. That FSB speed appears to be OC'ed which is makin me wonder what the settings are.

Get in the BIOS and see what the processor runs at temp-wise after 60 seconds. It should be idling kinda low like around 100F-115F.

If it's idling lot higher than that, the cooling system needs maintenance or replacing. I would then put it under load (Prime95)once in windows for about 60 seconds with a temp monitor such as coretemp.

If temps approach or exceed 67C, STOP the stress test and recheck OC settings which probably exist and cooling system.

Also, check and see if the board can shut the system down if it overheats too and if it can have it do it right around 70C.

This is all i can tell u without knowing what it's to be used for.

1 gb dual channel Gskill RAM, AMD 3200+ singlecore but its at 1345mhz fsb. Foxconn NVIDIA nforce 4 motherboard ,7.1 surround, firewire,4 usb out back, PCI -Express, Huge copper thermaltake cooler sittin on a AMD athlon. direct x 10 ATI HD2600xt graphics card....help!!!lol what does all this mean and is it a good computer?

i would pass on that computer now days you can a quad core or dual core cpu that cpu is outdated, 1gb of ram are u serious you can build a better computer for that 200$

pc games that only support single core systems will perform awesome on chips like these that are OC'ed.

Newer games that support dual core will still allow you to play with this system... but i imagine under intense video demands, if this board doesnt' support PCI-2x16, then i wouldnt dump any money into upgrading video.

i plan on using it for gaming, he says it works great for gaming and that he can run it using full graphics.

i just checked out the requirements to play that game...

Minimum requirements is a single core system around 2ghz and 512mb of ram...

That's a joke nowadays because games today require a LOT more than that.

IF he's gettin 145fps with that pc, then he definitely isn't running in High Definition... There's no way.

damn, I posted then took a shit and now the answers fall out. lol.

um... the answers fell into the toilet? :trippy:

damn, I posted then took a shit and now the answers fall out. lol.

its crap.

im a gammer. 3x glad playing WOW.

US RANK 10 CLAN for QUAKE 3

Was in a US top 50 clan for CS.

Gskill ram is about the best thing going for that box.

But due to only have 1 gig it fails I run 8 gigs in my desktop But Most gamers should be running atleast 4 gigs.

GL www.newegg.com if you wana have a real PC . It's easyer to build then a sub box.

well he said he would throw in the hd graphics card if i wanted it...so im guessing it was with his old graphics card which i have no idea what it was.

all i kno is im having a hard time selling or trading this thing and im about to trade it to this guy with the computer and figured i would ask for a second opinion. good thing i did

well he said he would throw in the hd graphics card if i wanted it...so im guessing it was with his old graphics card which i have no idea what it was.

its still crap.

pshhh... I run all my computers vented, and yes they are louder that way, :)

Yea, if that game can run with only 1gb fo memory, then that's not a true game in nowadays games.

The new call of duty MW2 uses 2.2gb of memory just on typical idle use and over 3gb during gameplay.

For someone with only 1gb, you'd be runnin that game in 100% swap file... then the game would run slllloooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwww

Here's a hint for gaming-

Build it great, OC the hell out of it, FSB and memory speed increases 1st, then oc the hell out of the cores....

Lastly, get the biggest dual channel kit you can get (4gbx2) for example.

the more sticks you use in an OC machine, the harder it is to OC the RAM and the voltage levels set in the BIOS must be dispersed to all dimms rather than just a pair and things start to get twitchy.

If you need more than 8gb, get some FAST ass memory! The less you gotta OC when filling up the dimms the better on the stability.

Lastly, get more memory than u need, then SHUT OFF Virtual Memory and have a field day.

did you say 10" BL? hehe. I may have to think about that.

And Vial, building a sub box is a lot easier than building a gaming computer. :D

i dont know, i do both. Good thing there isn't OC competitions locally or it may be a challenge.

lol i havnt understood anything u guys have said other than its crap. phi...u interested? pm me if so. Thanx guys for your help. i wont be getting that computer then.

let us know your budget and what games you want to be able to play at High/medium/low settings. I or someone else could probably make a list of items you could buy from a online shop within your budget.

Building a gamer pc is easy, there are a couple of rules but nothing difficult to master.

I run a OC'ed amd 6400+ dual core, gtx 275, 900W psu, couple of hdd's in a maxi tower. I could build pc's in my sleep. ;)

lol i havnt understood anything u guys have said other than its crap. phi...u interested? pm me if so. Thanx guys for your help. i wont be getting that computer then.

Good Choice, that computer is crap, also the only HD cards you want now a days if you plan on gaming is the 5000 series, or go for Nvidia (I recommend it ;))

let us know your budget and what games you want to be able to play at High/medium/low settings. I or someone else could probably make a list of items you could buy from a online shop within your budget.

Building a gamer pc is easy, there are a couple of rules but nothing difficult to master.

I run a OC'ed amd 6400+ dual core, gtx 275, 900W psu, couple of hdd's in a maxi tower. I could build pc's in my sleep. ;)

Nice! im running a intel Quad Core Q9550S i plan on OCing it but i just dont trust my self, im also running a EVGA GTX285 OCed only by like 30Hz but still is a much better Experience.

u want to OC something.. get in touch with me.

I'll tell ya how to do it safe. All i need to know is the brand and model of your motherboard and the memory modules u are using, model number specifically.

From there... i need to know your current cooling solution on your processor and how it was installed on your processor.

I have a Q9300 that is set to run stable on an everyday basis - 24\7 from 2.54 to 3.33ghz on aftermarket cooling. runs no hotter than 57C on gaming.

I tried to go higher but due to my memory speed needs to be dropped for slight tweaks.. it's not worth it for my purpose.

I can get it higher but what i do.. processor speed isn't as important as memory speed.

when im ready to build a computer i will definately get at you. right now im jobless so purchasing stuff is difficult.

no problem, custom is always the best. You are in control of anything that happens and can fix it with ease... plus it's just so much better. you'll see when u do your first one.

ill send you a pm, just so you can ponder on how awesome my computer is, lol. jk but i think it is bad ass.