akuma4u

what amp for 15 inch nightshade?

Hi there

I just bought a 15 inch nightshade and need to pick an amp to run it. I want to get an amp that can run it at 2 ohms.

Money is a lil tight,.. I was thinking about a hifonics brutus that does 1700 at ohms or a Power acoustics that does 2600 at 2 ohms, these are affordable amps but i dont know how good they are or if they over heat

i would love some suggestions or links to amps that can run a 15 inch nightshade and get it LOUD without over heating or messing up the battery or alternator and is efficient and all that.. if someone is selling an amp that can push this sub please let me know.

thanks!!

What is your budget, maybe i could recomend some amps that would pair nice with that nightshade ;)

What is your budget, maybe i could recomend some amps that would pair nice with that nightshade ;)

umm 0-300/400 ? or around there... what u got? what can u recommend?

thanks!

1 sundown 3000d would be perfect but im pretty sure those are like in the 500-600 price range,...unless sumone is selling one for cheaper , if so, this is your chance to make a sale! :)

Edited by akuma4u

Hi there

I just bought a 15 inch nightshade and need to pick an amp to run it. I want to get an amp that can run it at 2 ohms.

Money is a lil tight,.. I was thinking about a hifonics brutus that does 1700 at ohms or a Power acoustics that does 2600 at 2 ohms, these are affordable amps but i dont know how good they are or if they over heat

i would love some suggestions or links to amps that can run a 15 inch nightshade and get it LOUD without over heating or messing up the battery or alternator and is efficient and all that.. if someone is selling an amp that can push this sub please let me know.

thanks!!

I hope you plan on doing the Big 3, buying a voltmeter and a battery to support this amplifier.

Hi there

thanks!!

I hope you plan on doing the Big 3, buying a voltmeter and a battery to support this amplifier.

TO BOTH GUYS

What amp are u referring to when you say "this amplifier"

yes i will be buying a voltmeter and battery for car and system and big 3 stuff,.. BUT the question is do I need to get a high output alternator or can I get by without it????

also,. will this 15 inch Nightshade run well on the 2000d or is it better on the 3000d???

Also, what is a a db r?? or the db or whatever other amp u mentioned i cant press back to find out what it was cuz i will lose all that I wrote lol

THANKS GUYS

Edited by akuma4u

db-r.com is a place that sells used Sundown Audio amps, thats all. It depends on what your stock alternator is, if you are trying to run the SAZ-3000D then yeah you will need a ho alternator. There is no point in trying to run double the rms to the subwoofer unless you know what you are doing, stick to its rms rating and you will still get the output it was intended for.

db-r.com is a place that sells used Sundown Audio amps, thats all. It depends on what your stock alternator is, if you are trying to run the SAZ-3000D then yeah you will need a ho alternator. There is no point in trying to run double the rms to the subwoofer unless you know what you are doing, stick to its rms rating and you will still get the output it was intended for.

the guy i bought the sub from said its best to run it at 2 ohms since the sub is designed that way,.. so i will need an amp that pumps enough power at 2 ohms for that sub,... how many watts rms does the 2000d and 3000d run at 2 ohms?? thanks

Edited by akuma4u

dude just get the 2000D. then there will be less strain on your electrical.

as for this; "will this 15 inch Nightshade run well on the 2000d or is it better on the 3000d???"

-i hope you do realize that the RMS of the nightshade is 1500. so therefore with a 3000D you'd be putting double it's rated power to it. don't get me wrong, sure you could do it, but by the questions your asking i don't think you should

the guy i bought the sub from said its best to run it at 2 ohms since the sub is designed that way,.. so i will need an amp that pumps enough power at 2 ohms for that sub,... how many watts rms does the 2000d and 3000d run at 2 ohms?? thanks

Go look them up and do some research to see what they do you could find this answer on your own then waiting around for someone to tell you. The sub must be a D1 ohm if thats why he said that, what voice coil configuration does it have?

as for this; "will this 15 inch Nightshade run well on the 2000d or is it better on the 3000d???"

-i hope you do realize that the RMS of the nightshade is 1500. so therefore with a 3000D you'd be putting double it's rated power to it. don't get me wrong, sure you could do it, but by the questions your asking i don't think you should

yes im mr noob to car audio thank u for noticing.

I was told by like 3 guys that the nightshade can handle and take WAY more than 1500 rms,. 2 guys tell me they give it 3000rms + and it still asks for more,.

I was told by like 3 guys that the nightshade can handle and take WAY more than 1500 rms,. 2 guys tell me they give it 3000rms + and it still asks for more,.

If you know what your doing, in the right enclosure and under the right circumstances and if you dont know what your doing then you wont have a sub for too long. It is not how much power that it can take but how much does it need, it only needs 1500 rms what it was recommended for by the manufacturer. If competiting then that is another story, 2000 rms wont be different or noticeable then 1500 rms. Stop listening to people thinking what they do you can do.

Go look them up and do some research to see what they do you could find this answer on your own then waiting around for someone to tell you. The sub must be a D1 ohm if thats why he said that, what voice coil configuration does it have?

yes it is D1 voice coil you are right... so will the 2000d be the proper amp for this sub?? or should i be looking elsewhere?

i like asking you guys here :)

lol my bad i did come off pretty bad. my fault.

but think of it this way. sure like i said i know the nightshade can handle that much power. but why risk it? and then that's just more power your vehicle needs to support. which means spending more money. and from what i read you're on a budget like most of us. it all adds up.

more power = more wiring, batteries, alternator, etc etc.

the 2000D will push that nightshade verrrry nicely

Get an amp that is capable of 1500 rms or more (if you want head room) at 2 ohms to power your Nightshade perfectly.

oh yea, shit, he ordered it in dual 1...

lol 3000D it is! or whatever else..

:peepwall:

lol my bad i did come off pretty bad. my fault.

but think of it this way. sure like i said i know the nightshade can handle that much power. but why risk it? and then that's just more power your vehicle needs to support. which means spending more money. and from what i read you're on a budget like most of us. it all adds up.

more power = more wiring, batteries, alternator, etc etc.

the 2000D will push that nightshade verrrry nicely

the question is... will the higher RMS = more DB and bass????

Get an amp that is capable of 1500 rms or more (if you want head room) at 2 ohms to power your Nightshade perfectly.

well yes ive already figured that part out , but if u see my original question, i need to know what amps i should be looking at,..

i was looking at the audiopipe 3000watt rms, hifonics brutus 2600, power acoustiks bamf 5000,..

well the more RMS means the more power something takes/puts out

which with the right installation would mean higher output = more DB/bass

i hope that made sense lol :ehh:

Yes it equals more db's and more bass that you WONT NOTICE (have you been reading anything that was posted), it wont be noticeable to your ear or anyone else's ear. It will barely be noticeable to the TL Meter and since you havent made a comment about competiting it wouldnt help in your case period. The more rms means the more money for batteries, then yes you will need an HO alternator and so on so if you dont have the money for all these upgrades then your wasting money and time buying a big ass amp. Get two SAZ-1000D, strap them together and call it a day or a SAZ-3000D and run it at 2 ohms.

could u please explain to me why to go with the 3000d rather than the 2000d ?

thank u my friend...

well yes ive already figured that part out , but if u see my original question, i need to know what amps i should be looking at,..

i was looking at the audiopipe 3000watt rms, hifonics brutus 2600, power acoustiks bamf 5000,..

I personally would only look at the Audiopipe or Audioque amps if you dont want to go the Sundown route, the other two amplifiers are even worth dishing out money for.

thank u my friend...

Because the 2000D only does 1000rms at 2 ohms and the 3000D does 1500rms at 2 ohms I believe.

thank u my friend...

Because the 2000D only does 1000rms at 2 ohms and the 3000D does 1500rms at 2 ohms I believe.

You are correct Mr. Jay-cee

did u just order your nightshade?

because if so you could rpbably contact sundown and have it switched to a dual 2 model.

then you could wire it to 1ohm and save money on your amp :)