akuma4u

what amp for 15 inch nightshade?

If you could get the sundown 3000 at a good price i would get it, and will allow you room for expanding or changing your setup without having to buy another amp, and just because it does rated power and then some does not mean you have to have the whole 3krms you could turn down your gain on the amp and be fine. its always good to have more power than needed and the sundown amps are very efficient, and with impedance rise you should be ok. But like said earlier deff add a couple of batteries and upgrade your electrical.

i would go with the ap3000d it does its 3000 watts at 2 ohms so you could eventually add another sub if u wanted to, or just keep ur gains down and have a little head room. plus its on the cheap at 300 bucks on ebay.

i would go with the ap3000d it does its 3000 watts at 2 ohms so you could eventually add another sub if u wanted to, or just keep ur gains down and have a little head room. plus its on the cheap at 300 bucks on ebay.

Actually he wont be able to add another sub to this setup unless he runs it at 0.5 ohms, his subwoofer is D1 ohm :Doh:

did u just order your nightshade?

because if so you could rpbably contact sundown and have it switched to a dual 2 model.

then you could wire it to 1ohm and save money on your amp :)

i bought this sub from a guy named gary for 375 dollars,. its very new, but i have no receipt or anything,. i dont know how i will get this upgraded,... i would buy the AP3000d on ebay but they WONT ship to canada :(

with a dual 2 ohm model I would have many more amp choices right?

Actually he wont be able to add another sub to this setup unless he runs it at 0.5 ohms, his subwoofer is D1 ohm :Doh:

yea but its a 2 channel amp, so u can bridge it together for 3000 rms at 2 ohms or u can run each channel at 2 ohm for about 1300 watts per channel.

yea but its a 2 channel amp, so u can bridge it together for 3000 rms at 2 ohms or u can run each channel at 2 ohm for about 1300 watts per channel.

Yeah I know that but you see he already wants to run 3000watts to one sub so that wouldnt be an upgrade if he got two subs.

it would be louder, bc running 1500 watts extra to 1 sub isnt gonna gain anything to the ear, but adding another sub with 1500 watts to each will def be louder to the ear.

can someone still tell me if i run more watts rms to this sub that can handle much more than 1500rms,. will it increase dB and/or Bass???

if the answer is no, then i will go for an amp that runs 1500-2000 rms @ 2ohms.

the only reason i want to run more than 2000rms is because I was told it will perform better and louder the more watts rms i give it.

it would be louder, bc running 1500 watts extra to 1 sub isnt gonna gain anything to the ear, but adding another sub with 1500 watts to each will def be louder to the ear.

No shit I understand that but if he wants to run close to 3000 watts to one sub when he upgrades im pretty sure he wants to run more than 1500 watts to each one, that is if he wants to upgrade.

running 500 watts more u wont even hear. it would probably make ur sub sound sloppier...stick to the rated rms and build a good box for it. you will be more than happy. 500 watts probably wont even gain u a tenth on the meter.

can someone still tell me if i run more watts rms to this sub that can handle much more than 1500rms,. will it increase dB and/or Bass???

the only reason i want to run more than 2000rms is because I was told it will perform better and louder the more watts rms i give it.

You still are not reading, there are a few post that answer this question already in the topic. Perform better wont be heard by ear, so it is useless. Yes it will increase db and or bass but it wont be noticeable to ear or worth the extra money in the price you paid for the amp and even the extra money you have to dish out to power a 3000 watt amp compared to a 2000 watt one.

No shit I understand that but if he wants to run close to 3000 watts to one sub when he upgrades im pretty sure he wants to run more than 1500 watts to each one, that is if he wants to upgrade.

alright i give up, im confused as hell and he already said he cant get that amp bc they wont deliver to canada lol, so lets just help him and get this post done lol.

You still are not reading, there are a few post that answer this question already in the topic. Perform better wont be heard by ear, so it is useless. Yes it will increase db and or bass but it wont be noticeable to ear or worth the extra money in the price you paid for the amp and even the extra money you have to dish out to power a 3000 watt amp compared to a 2000 watt one.

show me a 2000 watt amp that will run a dual 1 ohm nightshade at 2 ohms then...

damn i just realized theres like a block of messages i skipped reading on the 2nd page my bad. LOL

I forgot to mention kicker amps. I think it's their ZX series that are rated at 2ohms.