Sign in to follow this  
DnK

xcon sound quality comparable to an icon,fi q or aa havoc??

i want a sub with good output and good sq, by the rms numbers it seem slike the xcon will get plenty loud for me but im worried about the sound quality. so id like to kno if anyone has heard an fi q, ssa icon or havoc or anything along those lines and heard a xcon too and if the sq is comparable? thanks.

i want a sub with good output and good sq, by the rms numbers it seem slike the xcon will get plenty loud for me but im worried about the sound quality. so id like to kno if anyone has heard an fi q, ssa icon or havoc or anything along those lines and heard a xcon too and if the sq is comparable? thanks.

I have heard the xcons and man they sound great.. Awsome output and i still cant get over how great they sound. I also own a pair of icons and think of it as a mini xcon haha great output and sound qaulity as well... as for the others u mentioned im not sure

Any driver put in the recommended enclosure and built well will make any sub sound good. If you want sound quality then you wouldnt be worried about a sub right now you would be worried about your front stage first. Subs arent comparable since they are usually made with a different goal in mind, what one will think is good sound quality may not be to another person.

ive heard an 18" xcon, a 18" fi q, and i have a 18" death row.

the xcon sounded way better then the q.

my death row i think sounds just as good if not better then the xcon.

Any driver put in the recommended enclosure and built well will make any sub sound good. If you want sound quality then you wouldnt be worried about a sub right now you would be worried about your front stage first. Subs arent comparable since they are usually made with a different goal in mind, what one will think is good sound quality may not be to another person.

well the way i see it, i like the q, i like the icon, and if you like the q or the icon and tell me u heard the xcon and its better, then were in the same boat and we must have the same taste so sound quality to him sounds just the same to me :)| and people who go for an xcon or anything i listed usually all have the same idea in mind. an sq driver that goes loud, or a loud driver with good sq.

Edited by DnK

I dont even understand how this is relevant, if you know an Icon and Q sound good and has some good output then why even be worried about the Xcon. It is the Icon's older brother so whatever the Icon can do the Xcon can do and more with ease.

All of the drivers initially asked about will have very good results in the correct enclosure and install. The trick is finding which model is the best suited for you.:)

Get the Xcon, you will love it. :)

It's more weight than the Icon, and need a solid box(double baffle, bracing,...).

The Xcon will give you more bass than you should need!!! Unless you're a basshead like me!!!

It's a much more powerful Icon. ;) still very very accurate bass!

SSA, FI, AA are both great companies with great products. hard to say whats the best. i got a pair of xcons and i love them to death. xcon can handle some watts too and sound good doing it also. get what suits u best like aaron said.

I dont even understand how this is relevant, if you know an Icon and Q sound good and has some good output then why even be worried about the Xcon. It is the Icon's older brother so whatever the Icon can do the Xcon can do and more with ease.

i never knew that the xcon took after the icon. all i knew was that it had good output and that ssa tends to make good sq products. so relax a little

Agree with things people have posted before this, but just an fyi to you- a sub's power handling has absolutely nothing to do with its sound quality. Nor does a high number even mean it will get loud.

i never knew that the xcon took after the icon. all i knew was that it had good output and that ssa tends to make good sq products. so relax a little

Im very well relaxed, it just would help if you did some research first and read up on each sub you will notice the Xcon is all about sound quality:

ICON Series Subwoofers

XCON Series Subwoofers

That is why there are reviews on this site and even reviews under the SSA section on this forum talking about the Xcon and its output matched with sound quality.

Jay is only of the more relaxed guys on the site. Anyway, the Xcon does not really take after the Icon. They are different in design, only shared parts are surround and basket. The Xcon is the sound quality choice for those people who want to push their output limits also. The Icon has some good xmax, but the Xcon takes it to another level. So the Xcon is like the Icon on the juice, but it took a different path to get there. ;)

Agree with things people have posted before this, but just an fyi to you- a sub's power handling has absolutely nothing to do with its sound quality. Nor does a high number even mean it will get loud.

Quoted for a reason. ;)

To add to it, I wish I had more people demo the Xcon in the sealed box I had it in with only 240 watts. It would have helped get rid of this perception that just because it is ratted for 1750, does not mean in the slightest that it needs it. Along the lines of having a 911 GT3, just because it can do 180+mph, does not mean you need to drive it that fast to still get insane performance. ;)

this xcon is a fairly new sub so it was hard to find anything on it, so i figured id get some help here. and ya i guess not every sub that has high wattage is going to be loud but i bet the majority of subs do and i know ssa makes good stuff so i didnt have many doubts with the loundess of this sub. thanks to the helpful people who didnt have a problem with my question.

Edited by DnK

Quoted for a reason. ;)

To add to it, I wish I had more people demo the Xcon in the sealed box I had it in with only 240 watts. It would have helped get rid of this perception that just because it is ratted for 1750, does not mean in the slightest that it needs it. Along the lines of having a 911 GT3, just because it can do 180+mph, does not mean you need to drive it that fast to still get insane performance. ;)

send me an xcon and i would run it sealed off of 240 watts lol.

Quoted for a reason. ;)

It took me awhile to understand this perception also, I always thought you had to get an amp to match the subs rating it must be getting that from the amp to perform well. After a few years of installation and understanding that subs sound just as good on small amounts of power too that I learned you dont have to have the sub seeing enormous amounts of wattage to perform.

Quoted for a reason. ;)

It took me awhile to understand this perception also, I always thought you had to get an amp to match the subs rating it must be getting that from the amp to perform well. After a few years of installation and understanding that subs sound just as good on small amounts of power too that I learned you dont have to have the sub seeing enormous amounts of wattage to perform.

Headroom is a good thing, but not required. :)

You can run a sub with less watts it can afford, but with 240 watts rms you will not reach all the potential of an xcon ! It will play very well, but will not be so loud.

What we must say, is that an xcon does not need 1750 watts to play. Mine plays very well with 1000 watts, although I'm sure it will be louder with 1500 watts (I'll try that someday, when money comes).

I prefer my xcon rather than my icon on 1000 watts : no loss at all on quality, but big advantage in perceived power (hope you see what I mean, it's heavier bass !!).

I can not tell you how impressed i am with x-cons. Ive owned many drivers all have had there pros and cons. I can really find none when its comes to the x-con. It really is a masterpiece. If your looking for the best of both worlds then id go as far as to say look no further. Its sq is simply amazing and the output will blow your mind. I need to get a new video to show you guys the amount of output the are capable of and i wish i could let you hear in person how good they sound doing it.

has anyone experienced any problems with the xcon yet?

The only ones that have come back were damaged in shipping or user abuse. ;)

has anyone experienced any problems with the xcon yet?

The only ones that have come back were damaged in shipping or user abuse. ;)

Pretty much how must subs get damaged anyway, almost 80% or better is user error.

If you hear ludacris-how low with an xcon you'll never want another sub. The drop to the low sounds so good and pounds so hard its incredible and thats comin from a 2.75cu box. I might pee myself in a couple days when i got 4cu's.