flemmz76

ssd looks great but would the Q be worth the difference

Hey whats up (rookie ) here. so im in oregon and no one has even heard of FI but I found it and it looks well worth the $. I have a nice 1.7 cuft slotported box tuned to 34hz , thats per sub...... Had some12"-d3 that did good but just could not handle the pma1200da amp i was running so im buying FI for sure , but I need some help on whitch would work out for me the best..The SSD or the Q? What I want is some brain shakin bass thats intence but also a sub i can listen to with music not just rap. My budget is right at the SSD 12, but if I stretch my wallet I could get the Q 12 .... But would it be worth it for what I want???? I read that PB power would make your sub prone to (peaking) is this something that I want or not? My amp is a alphasonik pma1200da , 2000 x 1 at 2ohm but with my stock alltinatore at 85 amps I am not close to making that many watts, but I will replace it someday.. Would love some input from everyone on Fi subs thanks a mill.....................

I would recommend the SSD in your case. The Q is built for SQ and while it does do really good on output the SSD is geared more toward what you're wanting to acheive. Otherwise you should just save up a few more $$$ and go to the BL series, designed to give much more output over the Q or SSD series. If you go with the SSD series be sure to get the BP option to handle that amp. Although a pair of dual 1 ohm 12"BL's would really be at home on that amp @ 1 ohm.

Edited by Alton

If you want louder, or to add more power bypass the Q and get the BL or BTL.

I have family in Eugene actually ;)

Hey thanks for the input it helps... So do you guys know why the xmax is so high on the Q?

Hey thanks for the input it helps... So do you guys know why the xmax is so high on the Q?

Fi:

read up on the subwoofer it tells you on the main webpage of their site

Ya I read it but like the Q series it says SQ sub with great low octives and that sounds perfect to me...While the ssd is for a daily driver and thats me to a T.. So maybe the SSD with BP so I can abuse it like I do every other sub, in respects to its limits... How about this 1 bl12 in 3cuft slotportedat 34hz with 2000 watts or 2 ssd12 in 1.7 cuft each slotported at 34hz with 1000 watts each.. So many options I love car audio..thanks

SSD or BL, the Q isn't for you. Ignore the Xmax spec as in your application that won't be a concern.

SSD is a great sub man. I have an SSD 18 and couldn't be happier :D

I highly recommend one. They get plenty loud, and work great with all my music. (copper coil option only)

SSD is a great sub man. I have an SSD 18 and couldn't be happier :D

I highly recommend one. They get plenty loud, and work great with all my music. (copper coil option only)

Flatwound coils perform great as well ;)

I have no personal experience with them myself but I have heard that the Q is a hell of a sub more geared towards SQ but can get loud. If it were me, I'd get a Q over the SSD

I have no personal experience with them myself but I have heard that the Q is a hell of a sub more geared towards SQ but can get loud. If it were me, I'd get a Q over the SSD

That is the type of post that leads people to believe the Q is also an SPL woofer. They buy one and the next day they make a thread titled "Why did my Q catch on fire?".

im trying to test that theory as i am giving my Q18 3x rated power. no real reason why im doing it, but its survived 6 months so far at that power level.

btw, DO NOT TRY THIS it works well enough with 800rms. no need to try what im doing

And you've proved over and over that your opinions are dubious and now you are giving it on something you have no experience on...perfect :(

So i plan on getting a SSD 12 ,, so i read up on getting the flat wound coil.i think i should but when it says ( peaking ) i take it that it will perform harder, it will peak its performance... I found nothing on BP power, so are these the same or what? should i get both or just one of these options and if so which one.. thanks for the info the more the better............

So i plan on getting a SSD 12 ,, so i read up on getting the flat wound coil.i think i should but when it says ( peaking ) i take it that it will perform harder, it will peak its performance... I found nothing on BP power, so are these the same or what? should i get both or just one of these options and if so which one.. thanks for the info the more the better............

BP option is a cooling option.. Basically it adds a machined aluminum compression plug to the pole which helps channel the air from under the dustcap around the coil for better cooling. generally speaking there will be an increase in power handling from 200-500 Watts depending on the application..

Honestly.. If you are gonna put say a 1000 watt amp on this sub, then the BP option is a bit of over kill.... If you got a 1500+ watt amp and limited knowledge of electrical upgrades (or the amp isn't efficient) where voltage drop may occur and you're a volume knob pusher then grab this option....

SSD is a great choice, they can take 1000 stock BUT i would go with the BP on them to be safe. they will not disappoint. Ya they are entry level, but thats comparing them to like the BTL and BL. they sound great and have great output, you will be happy with them no doubt.

Thanks for all the input. I found this forum to be very helpfull. Well I did not have the finances for a bl12 at this time, but I did order a ssd12 +bp so I am looking forward to that and from all i've read I believe I will be very saticefied with it.... thanks

Glad you got a good piece of equipment, cant wait for the build log with pictures.

Thanks for all the input. I found this forum to be very helpfull. Well I did not have the finances for a bl12 at this time, but I did order a ssd12 +bp so I am looking forward to that and from all i've read I believe I will be very saticefied with it.... thanks

Thanks FI for the great communication and speed in processing my order. I got my tracking # allready........ thank you.

And thank you for the order. You might be one of the last SSDs to go out. I think we will contact whoever it was and give them a solid apparel package as well.

Thanks,

Scott

brianscellpic09596.jpg

box4.jpg

box3.jpg

trunke.jpg

trunkb.jpg

trunkd.jpg

trunkc.jpg

trunka.jpg

Just got the ssd today and had to make the trunk worthy..Not done yet but real close. Hope you guys like..............

I'm not sure why two of the pics are small though?

Edited by bubba

I likey :fing34:, keep up the good work.