bigrank916

Oregon trip

Here are a few pictures that I thought I would post from this weeks trip to Oregon. I took a friend and his son that are visiting from Arkansas to look for property around the coast and had a blast.

101_0285.jpg

101_0286.jpg

101_0287.jpg

101_0292.jpg

101_0307.jpg

101_0311.jpg

101_0346.jpg

101_0374.jpg

101_0471.jpg

101_0380.jpg

101_0406.jpg

Hotel we stayed in. A shot from across the way. It had a pretty decent view overlooking the ocean.

101_0421.jpg

This was interesting...

101_0447.jpg

101_0448.jpg

101_0450.jpg

101_0449.jpg

The best part of the whole trip. I havent ever had an interest in ATVs until the sand dunes. Now I want one and will plan trips up there just for that! 8 miles long and like 4 miles wide. I love that place.wub.gif Going back ASAP!

101_0351.jpg

101_0354.jpg

101_0363.jpg

101_0368.jpg

101_0366.jpg

This is his son. Hes about six foot and 155 lbs. That tree is a small one where we were. Gigantic redwoods are pretty awesome!

101_0474.jpg

Oh damn I love the dunes! You probably went right my me on the way there eh?

Nice pictures.

Also love the dunes :)

Awesome pictures. Oregon is beautiful country. I-84 East from Portland through The Dalles is one of the most unreal drives in all of North America. I highly suggest anyone that can, to drive it.:)

Thanks a lot guys. The scenery is just beautiful through the coast up north. Its retirement area if you like the outdoors and weather.trink40.gif

The dunes are absolutely the best Ive ever seen. The lifetime locals that we rented the ATVs from said the Oregon sand dunes are the largest in the United States. Ive been to Sandmountain in Nevada and it is nothing campared to the Oregon dunes imo. The summer time is supposed to be off the hook also with something called Dune Fest and Sand Fest during June-July. I cant wait to go back!

dancingsmilie.gif

Excellent pictures and beautiful scenery :drink40:

Thanks a lot guys. The scenery is just beautiful through the coast up north. Its retirement area if you like the outdoors and weather.trink40.gif

The dunes are absolutely the best Ive ever seen. The lifetime locals that we rented the ATVs from said the Oregon sand dunes are the largest in the United States. Ive been to Sandmountain in Nevada and it is nothing campared to the Oregon dunes imo. The summer time is supposed to be off the hook also with something called Dune Fest and Sand Fest during June-July. I cant wait to go back!

dancingsmilie.gif

Dune fest is awesome :) I'd advise you not to sleep within a few miles of them though, that time of year people ride all night and day.

While it sucked living in Oregon due to the crazy cold weather and all the rain, it's easily one of the most beautiful places to live without a doubt.

dude, that gave me cold chills looking at those pics, i am so isolated to the concrete jungle that flower pots are like a nature walk to me!

been inner city all my life.

oh, and complete thread jack moment,

them treats you and your family made over the holidays for us were killer.

thank you again.

chop

Went up CA99 to I5 into Oregon. Then cut over and spent the night in Coos Bay.

I dont think it was by Utah but Im no Geography buff.smile.gif

Went up CA99 to I5 into Oregon. Then cut over and spent the night in Coos Bay.

I dont think it was by Utah but Im no Geography buff.smile.gif

I'm a few states over, I'm a dumbass I just realized you live in California.

dude, that gave me cold chills looking at those pics, i am so isolated to the concrete jungle that flower pots are like a nature walk to me!

thank you again.

chop

Chop, you got to take a trip to the northern Pacific coast! Its some of the most beautiful country that the US has to offer. The redwood forrests will blow your mind, dude. There is some roads that you can DRIVE THROUGH A TREE! You can see a sample of how big they are in my last pic. And that is a small one. And when you do, dont be shy to stop by!

Youre welcome! trink40.gif Im glad you and your family enjoyed them. I just hammered the rest of the nutless fudge last night too. Sooo good.ban2.gif

Im still gonna get you the second package too. I think of it more as a conversation piece but some like to be brave...so let em!!! Coming soon.smile.gif

thank you again.

chop

Chop, you got to take a trip to the northern Pacific coast! Its some of the most beautiful country that the US has to offer. The redwood forrests will blow your mind, dude. There is some roads that you can DRIVE THROUGH A TREE! You can see a sample of how big they are in my last pic. And that is a small one. And when you do, dont be shy to stop by!

Youre welcome! trink40.gif Im glad you and your family enjoyed them. I just hammered the rest of the nutless fudge last night too. Sooo good.ban2.gif

Im still gonna get you the second package too. I think of it more as a conversation piece but some like to be brave...so let em!!! Coming soon.smile.gif

right on. looking forward to it.

i guess i will have to see what work is going out of your hall, not sure what halls are out that way.

only way i can afford to travel is to work in that town, lol.

i have heard of the "drive through trees" but never seen anything close to it.

awesome pics though, really bro.

chop

Thanks everybody. They look a ton better on the computer than they did in the viewfinder on the camera!

Chop, here is a few unions that are in the Cali area if the opportunity ever arises.

118 Sac

155 & 624 Fresno

377 & 790 Frisco

378 Oakland

416, 413, 509 LA

844 Hercules

229 SD

Thought I would share some oregon pic's since I live here..

2008_0731craterlake0007.jpgcrater lake

brianscellpic09025.jpgsmith rock by bend

brianscellpic09124.jpgGuys trip at mt, hood. Six of use riding mt bikes for the weekend.

brianscellpic09558.jpg

LOVE it. born and raised in portland. beach one hour west and ski/snowboard on Mt, hood an hour east. cant beat it. only been gone 3 years now. i have three lots of land in rockaway beach... gonna move back someday.....

So where you been living for the last three years?Are you in the service? Got some more for ya to enjoy..

Brianscellphonepics033.jpg

Smith rock looking west, Three sisters in the middle, to the left broken top then Mt.batchler

brianscellpic09111.jpgCape perpetua

2008_0731craterlake0053.jpg

This has not been photo shopped . Its really that BLUE its crazy! A must see at least once in a life time.

RedwoodsTrip09255.jpg

Cat sanctuary by cave junction. Its sweet

If you want more I got more.

That Lion is gonna kick your ass! He must not like his picture taken form his bad side... :suicide-santa:

That ocean looks angry.

The Great Sand Dunes in Colorado are also about 30 square miles, but there's no vegetation on it and I don't think you can ATV on them. They have the tallest dunes in north america though, highest is 730 feet. But it's so vast and featureless other than sand that a number of people get lost in them every year.

You want some more you got it..

2008_0731craterlake0090.jpg

This lake is 4 x 6 miles around, the drive around is 33 miles .

2008_0731craterlake0130.jpg

The pinnacles, about 10 miles from crater lake. They are taller then you think.

2008_0731craterlake0122.jpgtop right corner

2008_0731craterlake0125.jpg

Great camping and so much to see. With all the view points to stop and take pic's it took us 9 hrs to drive around the lake,

and thats just starring at the same lake from some where else. I could'nt stop..The average rim is 1,000 ft above the lake with a peak of 2,000 ft lets just say

my woman was'ent going to walk it and I think I would of been hurt'n since were 7,000 ft above sea level.

The next day was the pinnacles which can be 100 to 200 ft high , their amazing and bazzar at the lest.Did not see any bear thank god but saw a couple heards

elk and some deer, and alot more. Thanks...............